Vegas Trip ~ November '09 (It's over, but we had a blast!)

So is everyone who's coming so far, (Cheryl, her mom, Linda, Stacie, Deb, Marcie, Theresa, and Wendy) booked at a hotel? I *think* that most of you were able to get in on the good deal that Cheryl found for MGM right?

Also what days is everyone going to be here?

Marcie, you were thinking of coming in on Wednesday night right?

Who's going to be here on Thanksgiving Day, and for those who are, do you have a plan for where to eat that day. Some places, especially the nicer more popular ones, might get booked, so it's a good thing to start thinking about.

Maybe everyone can post when they are planning to arrive and leave.
And then post a few things you REALLY want to do while in town. We don't have to be scheduled to the minute, but a plan would be nice. That way we can see who's thinking of doing the same things and sort of keep it like we do on the DL trips where we meet for certain things and split off for others. kwim?

I'll start.....

Since I'm local, I will already be here, BUT Thanksgiving Day I will probably not be able to meet up with anyone.

I can be there Friday night, and then all weekend long. :thumbsup2

As for what to do, I've given it some thought and these are the things I'd really like to do.

Friday evening:
Chippendales 8:00 show, followed by pics in the Flirt lounge
From there head to Olympic Garden

Saturday:
I'm thinking of maybe hitting the outlets during the day if anyone else is interested.
I know several of us want to see Zumanity, so those interested can see the 7:30 show tonight, and then still have time after to hit Kahunaville for some fun and drinks!
Maybe before Zumanity, we can all meet for a early group dinner??

Sunday:
Are we thinking of doing another group meal at Dick's? If the whole group is going, I'll go. If not, I'll pass since I've done it twice now.
The rest of Sunday I haven't thought much about yet.

So does that sound good to anyone? Anyone wanna join me for Chippendales, OG and Zumanity. (See a naughty adult theme there?!?! lol)
And any ideas for Sunday?

I plan on driving up Friday morning, and leaving Monday morning.

Well I am up for Zumanity, OG and Kahunaville for sure! I will go to Dick's if everyone is going as a group. I will pass on Chippendale's and shopping. Seen the show a few times and Im good. And shopping isn't really my thing.

I added a bunch of pics and updates to the trip report.

I'll start.....

Since I'm local, I will already be here, BUT Thanksgiving Day I will probably not be able to meet up with anyone.

I can be there Friday night, and then all weekend long. :thumbsup2

As for what to do, I've given it some thought and these are the things I'd really like to do.

Friday evening:
Chippendales 8:00 show, followed by pics in the Flirt lounge
From there head to Olympic Garden

Saturday:
I'm thinking of maybe hitting the outlets during the day if anyone else is interested.
I know several of us want to see Zumanity, so those interested can see the 7:30 show tonight, and then still have time after to hit Kahunaville for some fun and drinks!
Maybe before Zumanity, we can all meet for a early group dinner??

Sunday:
Are we thinking of doing another group meal at Dick's? If the whole group is going, I'll go. If not, I'll pass since I've done it twice now.
The rest of Sunday I haven't thought much about yet.

So does that sound good to anyone? Anyone wanna join me for Chippendales, OG and Zumanity. (See a naughty adult theme there?!?! lol)
And any ideas for Sunday?

The naughty adult theme here sounds good to me :thumbsup2 Since I doubt anyone else wants to go to Chippendales every night (hee hee :confused3) I'm in for all of the above :banana: I'll probably be flying in on Friday and leaving Monday morning - just depends on what deals I can score on air fare! I like the idea of at least one group meal/activity per day. I'd love to do some shopping at the outlets - Christmas shopping in Vegas :yay:

Can't wait for November!

I plan on driving up Friday morning, and leaving Monday morning.

Well I am up for Zumanity, OG and Kahunaville for sure! I will go to Dick's if everyone is going as a group. I will pass on Chippendale's and shopping. Seen the show a few times and Im good. And shopping isn't really my thing.

Wanna share a couch at Zumanity ?? :rotfl2: and what do you mean shopping isn't you thing?? Is that legal?

So is everyone who's coming so far, (Cheryl, her mom, Linda, Stacie, Deb, Marcie, Theresa, and Wendy) booked at a hotel? I *think* that most of you were able to get in on the good deal that Cheryl found for MGM right?

Also what days is everyone going to be here?

Marcie, you were thinking of coming in on Wednesday night right?

Who's going to be here on Thanksgiving Day, and for those who are, do you have a plan for where to eat that day. Some places, especially the nicer more popular ones, might get booked, so it's a good thing to start thinking about.

Maybe everyone can post when they are planning to arrive and leave.
And then post a few things you REALLY want to do while in town. We don't have to be scheduled to the minute, but a plan would be nice. That way we can see who's thinking of doing the same things and sort of keep it like we do on the DL trips where we meet for certain things and split off for others. kwim?

My Mom and I are coming in on Wednesday--we'll be driving. Stacerita and I had discussed having Thanksgiving Day dinner at the Orleans at the restaurant we went to with Dawn and Wendy--we figured you would be with your family.

I will probably pass on Chippendale's too--been there, done that, don't need to do it again. I would rather see a headline entertainer. And, I'm on a shop as little as possible because you already have too much crap in your house now kick. so I'll pass on shopping too.

Zumanity sounds like fun--and Kahunaville. Other than that, depending on schedules we should think about an alternative activity for Friday night. I'll start checking on what shows are there then in case anyway wants to join me (and in this particular night, probably my Mom).

ETA: and we're leaving Monday morning.

Stacie, are you planning to do the massage thing again this time? Maybe you could plan that as an option for those not wanting to shop.

Cheryl, I remember Linda saying something about wanting to see KA. (At least I think I remember that!) Maybe KA could be an option for Friday for those not wanting to see Chippendales? We could meet for a meal, split for the shows, and then those wanting to do OG can meet up again.

I know we aren't going to all agree. That's why I wanted to keep it like our DL trips. Maybe meet for dinner, then split for the evening or what not. :thumbsup2

So those there on Thanksgiving are going to that restaurant at the Orleans? That sounds good. ::yes::

I'll either be coming in Wednesday night or Thursday morning. I wonder when Deb is planning on getting in? I'm good with Chippendales, OG, Zumanity, Kahunaville & shopping.

I'll either be coming in Wednesday night or Thursday morning. I wonder when Deb is planning on getting in? I'm good with Chippendales, OG, Zumanity, Kahunaville & shopping.
Yeah, when is Deb coming in?? I haven't seen much of her on the DIS lately. Oh Deb............where you at?? :)

I think Wendy said she'd probably fly in Friday evening. Thanksgiving and the day after are a big deal in her family, so she didn't want to miss it. But by Friday night, holiday's over right? Time to party!!! :banana:

Yeah, when is Deb coming in?? I haven't seen much of her on the DIS lately. Oh Deb............where you at?? :)

I think Wendy said she'd probably fly in Friday evening. Thanksgiving and the day after are a big deal in her family, so she didn't want to miss it. But by Friday night, holiday's over right? Time to party!!! :banana:

When it gets closer i will have to make sure the rooms are correct.

Stacie, are you planning to do the massage thing again this time? Maybe you could plan that as an option for those not wanting to shop.

Cheryl, I remember Linda saying something about wanting to see KA. (At least I think I remember that!) Maybe KA could be an option for Friday for those not wanting to see Chippendales? We could meet for a meal, split for the shows, and then those wanting to do OG can meet up again.

I know we aren't going to all agree. That's why I wanted to keep it like our DL trips. Maybe meet for dinner, then split for the evening or what not. :thumbsup2

So those there on Thanksgiving are going to that restaurant at the Orleans? That sounds good. ::yes::

I'll check with Linda but I'd rather see an entertainer than a second Cirque show. Like Barry Manilow, Bette Midler or Cher, etc. Or whoever's here that weekend.

I am all for Zumanity and Kahunaville. Maybe some shopping. I will be out at the stores at the crack of dawn on Friday morning and I may be shopped out by Saturday.

As for headliners, it looks like the choices for the weekend are barry, cher and donny & marie. I would potentially be interested in cher.

I am all for Zumanity and Kahunaville. Maybe some shopping. I will be out at the stores at the crack of dawn on Friday morning and I may be shopped out by Saturday.

As for headliners, it looks like the choices for the weekend are barry, cher and donny & marie. I would potentially be interested in cher.

I would like to see Cher too--but any of those would be fine for me.

I would like to see Cher too--but any of those would be fine for me.

I'd love Cher or Barry. He was a teenage hearthrob for me.:lovestruc And I've heard Bette's show is really good, she's funny as well as the singing and dancing. Donny & Marie - barfaroni.

Zumanity & Kahunaville, yes, yes. And count me in for shopping, too. I'll pass on Chipendale's.

We have to think of something for Sunday. I'm still up for TPIR if anyone else is. Or Dick's is fine, too.

I am driving up with Stacie on Friday morn and flying home Monday morning (already booked a 9 am flight). Booked a room at MGM, requested to be next to Marcie's room(s).

I'd love Cher or Barry. He was a teenage heartrob for me.:lovestruc And I've heard Bette's show is really good, she's funny as well as the singing and dancing. Donny & Marie - barfaroni.

Zumanity & Kahunaville, yes, yes. And count me in for shopping, too. I'll pass on Chipendale's.

We have to think of something for Sunday. I'm still up for TPIR if anyone else is. Or Dick's is fine, too.

I am driving up with Stacie on Friday morn and flying home Monday morning (already booked a 9 am flight). Booked a room at MGM, requested to be next to Marcie's room(s).

The Diva's are taking over MGM!

The plane tickets are much cheaper on Monday, so if nothing happens in the next month or so, i think I'll ask for my last day of vacation be that day. I'm really trying to be responsible and not book my flight until after the September trip in case there are any hurricanes i have to deal with.

Cheryl, I'm up for dinner on Thanksgiving.

I'd love Cher or Barry. He was a teenage heartrob for me.:lovestruc And I've heard Bette's show is really good, she's funny as well as the singing and dancing. Donny & Marie - barfaroni.

The Price is Right is dark on Sundays and Mondays according to this: http://shop.vegas.com/shows/showtimes2.jsp?show=881&start=200909&seats=2#show_review

Bummer. It would have been fun to do a group lunch at Dick's and then go see the show.

That is a bummer, Beth.
Well, I'm sure we'll think of something.;)

Do any of the restaurants at MGM sound appealing? There are so many of them; I was reading their website.

Where is Zumanity at? Is there anywhere good to eat around there? You girls know how I LOVE my food!:rotfl:

That is a bummer, Beth.
Well, I'm sure we'll think of something.;)

Do any of the restaurants at MGM sound appealing? There are so many of them; I was reading their website.

Where is Zumanity at? Is there anywhere good to eat around there? You girls know how I LOVE my food!:rotfl:
Oh yeah, we'll figure something out. Lots to do. ::yes::

In MGM there is a Rainforest Cafe which many of us have been to and are familiar with. Nothing special, but always cute and fun. And there is a Wolfgang Puck place too. There are several others but I don't do foo-foo and expensive. lol

Zumanity is in New York, New York and over there Stacie liked that Il Fornaio place and Dawn liked the Nine Fine Irishmen.

I'm open to anything for dinner. As long as it's not seafood. ;)

Hi I am still around. I just started working this wk. from 2 PM-10PM so I have been so tired. I have barely done anything with my addictions....FB, Dis, Myspace, shopping......

I would come in probably on Friday morning or Thursday night. I just need to wait and see the school schedule, the boys' schedules, my work schedule and when the boys will be with their dad.

I would leave either Sunday evening or Monday morning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter