Vegetable gardens?

We planted whimsical plants this year Shooting Star and Rosa Bianca Egg Plant, Long sweet peppers and Mini Bells. Our zucchini and Squash plants are in. Starting cucumber today and setting up trellis.
5 kinds of tomatoes. Love summer vegetables. Also, kale, lettuce, peas, radish, onion, garlic have been in.
How is your garden growing?

We are in Michigan and usually my goal is to have everything in by Memorial Day. Well this year we still had frost on Memorial Day :( It really threw me off. I didn't end up planting until mid June and we just did Tomatoes, peppers and pickling cukes. It's a bit smaller than last year. Generally I love being in the garden but this year it's not giving me much joy, not really sure why.

It's coming along. DH is the gardner. Already picked some string beans, cucumber, peppers and tomatoes. A ton of eggplants are out (too small still), lot's of basil (made a jar of pesto already), long cucuzza plant coming along and fig trees look good (way too early for figs but trees have plenty of little ones already).

Weather is more or less the same as you - over the bridge :)

It's coming along. DH is the gardner. Already picked some string beans, cucumber, peppers and tomatoes. A ton of eggplants are out (too small still), lot's of basil (made a jar of pesto already), long cucuzza plant coming along and fig trees look good (way too early for figs but trees have plenty of little ones already).

Weather is more or less the same as you - over the bridge :)
Our figs are starting to ripen!

Our rain seems to be over, or maybe it’s on the way. I just took these pictures and it was sunny, blue skies!

Our rain seems to be over, or maybe it’s on the way. I just took these pictures and it was sunny, blue skies!

View attachment 598824

View attachment 598821
Nice!!! Want to look at ours. Rain all day.
In the meantime, below is a picture of some veggies from the garden 9229AF8D-AF9B-4B3C-BF37-6EB758A42B1E.jpeg

We wanted to buy a few bushels of tomatoes too to make our yearly sauce for the winter......but not sure when. Would have been about now. Hopefully this week.

^ That’s an excellent crop! Our cucumbers and zucchinis have been disappointing, but green peppers and white eggplant are better than usual.

I ignored volunteer melon seedlings that grew with the compost we added, and the melon plants overwhelmed the zucchini and cucumbers. We have some very nice looking melons, but I don’t expect them to taste very good. Next year I will be more vigilant!

We had a ton of white eggplants one year - must have brought wrong ones - they were full of seeds :(.

Enjoy them. Still raining here hard on and off all day again :( - hope all is good by you @bobbiwoz

In coastal SC started planting the fall garden. Spring garden did well wife canned a lot of tomatoes, Blueberries did poorly this year, still picking eggplant

We also just did our "sauce/jar/canned" except DH puts it in zip lock and freezes it. We made three bushels. We sauce for a night or two from the garden. Not much property here and not much space/dirt to plant too much. Just a little of everything but it is more than enough for us. :) If we ever get rid of our above ground pool (not for along time), it would all turn into a garden.

Last edited:
We also just did our "sauce/jar/canned" except DH puts it in zip lock and freezes it. We made three bushels. We sauce for a night or two from the garden. Not much property here and not much space/dirt to plant too much. Just a little of everything but it is more than enough for us. :) If we ever get rid of our above ground pool (not for along time), it would all turn into a garden.
Sounds like you enjoy what you do!
We have a quad in Cape May, as does my DSis. On our property is the fig, a pond, some herbs, and flowers. DSis has the vegetables planted in 3 roughly 4’x4’ squares. We do not “put up” any vegetables. She has lots of pots of flowers, no grass, but the River stones.

One of the boxes has asparagus, but we did not have good yield. some of the roots are of a “male” variety, and those plants are woody. Some are Martha Washington, they are great. This spring, I hope to weed out the male variety. I had bought them because they were described as good producers, not sending energy to make seeds. If I can’t distinguish the two, we will tear it all out and start again.:(

Last edited:
Hi
Sorry for the off-topic I posted this on behalf of my father, can you please tell me the best weed killer to kill weeds in flower beds and vegetable beds. My father want weed killer for this purpose, can you guys help me to find the best weed killer for flower beds for my father from here;

We weed by hand, or use mulch. Is the garden so large that you couldn’t do that?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter