Verandah and Navigator's Verandah... what's the difference?

ToDisney

Disney and Scrapbooking Addict!!
DH is trying to talk me down to 2 cat 7s. We stayed in a cat 4 last time... I loved the room, the location and of course, the verandah. What's the difference between the verandahs??

Thank you!

We loved the Navigators Verandah- instead of it being open with rails it is metal and has a huge porthole opening. But what makes it really special is how it is decorated. Teak chair, table, and upholstered bench. It has a mariner map on one wall, nautical flags and a compass. It is more of a sitting room feel that a deck. It is wonderful though! I wish that we had one for this cruise but I am letting DD take a friend and they only sleep 3 so we are in a porthole room.

With a Navigator Verandah, can you go outside, or does the porthole open up?

We went with a regular Verandah so we could be outside, but this is our first cruise and we know nothing.

:D

We love the Navigator Verandas! The porthole is open so you get the same fresh air and smell of the sea as on a regular veranda. I love the way it is decorated and the bench is my favorite place to stretch out and read a book! The opening is big enough for two people to stand comfortably side by side and lean out (on the Magic) and it is even bigger on the Wonder. Check out Barb's site for the pictures.

We love them! Oh yeah, I said that already :)

That veranda sounds so cozy...nice bench, art and it's the same size as the regular except for the porthole type opening? Our family just did the Eastern in May and althought we liked the veranda, we did not speand a lot of time on it, but liked to watch comming in and out of port.

We were able to book one of the cat 6 rooms that's been reassigned as a cat 7 for next year. Does anyone know what type of furniture is on that verandah??? Thanks :bounce:

Originally posted by tde1969
We were able to book one of the cat 6 rooms that's been reassigned as a cat 7 for next year. Does anyone know what type of furniture is on that verandah??? Thanks :bounce:

Its the same as the regular verandahs. Should be two chairs and a small table.:smooth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter