Verified AAA rates really are out. . here's my rates

I am calling the hotel directly and was told to also check the Loews site also. I checked the Loews site and nothing showed up for the AAA. I'll have to check the AAA site like you suggested.

I have been unable to upgrade to a PBH suite for Jan 5 and 6. I'm still getting conflicting information, I've been told the suites are sold out and also told that the suites have not been released past Jan 4. Seems like a crazy way to run a business.

I am calling the hotel directly and was told to also check the Loews site also. I checked the Loews site and nothing showed up for the AAA. I'll have to check the AAA site like you suggested.

I have been unable to upgrade to a PBH suite for Jan 5 and 6. I'm still getting conflicting information, I've been told the suites are sold out and also told that the suites have not been released past Jan 4. Seems like a crazy way to run a business.

Did you see the update to my previous post regarding the AAA rates? I was updating while you were posting:thumbsup2

Sorry, can't help with the suite info. . . but I'll be someone will be along soon who may have suggestions or information regarding that situation. I know that I have gotten conflicting information when calling myself, but I think that can happen anywhere. I just call back, get management on the line and ususally get a straight answer. Honestly, the best information I've gotten has been right here. Keep posting and reading these threads and I can guarantee you will get any questions you have answered.

Thanks wwessing. I'll keep checking the posts.

I don't know how far downstate you are, we were down in Carbondale this past weekend for the IHSA Girls AA Golf Tournament. Beautiful country.

Has anyone tried to get AAA rates for the beginning of January 2008. We will be there the 2nd thru the 7th. I called last night and was told rates weren't in yet and might never be. :confused3

I called last night and booked AAA at HRH for the 4th and 5th Jan.:cool1:
I have a pool view room for $242.10+tax.

I know when I first tried to book a room a few months ago I was told there was nothing available at PBH and HRH, I spoke with the reservation manager about this and she stated that both hotels were fully booked for a conference, I kept trying and finally rooms became available at HRH so I booked this, but I was still unable to book a room at PBH, keep trying something should be come available.:thumbsup2

Thanks wwessing. I'll keep checking the posts.

I don't know how far downstate you are, we were down in Carbondale this past weekend for the IHSA Girls AA Golf Tournament. Beautiful country.

It's a good idea to keep checking back as often as you can because you just never know what you will find here. I got tickets to Sea World and Busch Gardens for $25 apiece. . . just because I read these boards daily. Never would have know about them and would have ended up paying 3 times as much if it hadn't have been for some wonderful poster!

It is beautiful here. . . we are very fortunate to live in such a beautiful area, especially during the Fall. I'm north of Carbondale. We live in a small community outside of Springfield, so not too awful far from Carbondale.

My local AAA site still does not show the discount. For those of you that booked successfull did you (1) book on aaa.com, (2) call Loews reservation, or (3) book online at the loews site (I don't even see where the AAA discount would come into play)? Thanks!

I called Loews last night and was able to reserve PBR for Jan 2-5 for $215 with the AAA discount. I was told there are 7 conventions there Jan 5 and forward so right now there are no AAA discounts. I still have the suite upgrade for those 3 days only. My rate for Jan 5-6 is closer to $300. I also have the Supersaver rate reserved for Jan 2-7 for $235 but then there is no suite upgrade. I guess when it gets closer to that time I will have to decide which to cancel. I'd rather have the suite for 3 days then not at all so more than likely I'll give up the Supersaver rate and hope for a suite to open. Confusing isn't it??

By the way, this rate is for 3 adults and 1 child. Crazy how they think a college student is an adult.

It's a good idea to keep checking back as often as you can because you just never know what you will find here. I got tickets to Sea World and Busch Gardens for $25 apiece. . . just because I read these boards daily. Never would have know about them and would have ended up paying 3 times as much if it hadn't have been for some wonderful poster!

Forgot to ask, how did you get Sea World tickets for $25?

My local AAA site still does not show the discount. For those of you that booked successfull did you (1) book on aaa.com, (2) call Loews reservation, or (3) book online at the loews site (I don't even see where the AAA discount would come into play)? Thanks!

I had a reservation at HRH. A few days ago someone posted that the AAA rates were out. I called HRH and was told that they were available, so I changed my rate to the available AAA. Others here have said they were having trouble getting the AAA rate. . . call the hotel directly. If you did that, and were told there were no AAA rates, call again. I also went to AAA.com and was able to see the discounted rates for all 3 hotels. What are your dates?

Forgot to ask, how did you get Sea World tickets for $25?

Perusing these threads. I went to the Sea World forum and found a post about the $25 tickets. Those tickets are no longer available, but my point was that you never know what you will find. . . something new every day . . so you should visit often.

By the way, this rate is for 3 adults and 1 child. Crazy how they think a college student is an adult.

18+ is considered adult.... they do charge an extra $25/nite for each adult after the first 2....but, beats paying for a whole nother room :rolleyes:

they gave us the comp parking.

:banana: 'bout freakin' time! :thumbsup2 Considering how much business you give those people!

The dates I am trying for are 7/8 - 7/10/2008 and my local southern new england shows nothing???

jmpellet... i would just call and say you're getting a quote .... they will be more than happy to tell you what the AAA rate is ...... they WILL ask you if you want to put a hold on the room, but, you don't have to.

I booked the Royal Pacific last week for $214/night ($240 includes taxes) for 2 nights Aug 22-24, 2008.

Ok, so I read this board, and sign into AAA, and find $223 rate (which includes tax). So I call the reservation number for Loews/Royal Pacific and the lady tells me that the AAA rate is not showing, and that I should book through the AAA website, and then cancel the reservation I have now.

Ok, so I follow the process on the AAA website, but they say there is a $25 cancellation/change fee. Well, since I have so much time to keep checking, and the rates have usually gone down for me, I don't want to lock in a price of $223 with AAA to have it go lower, and then get charged a $25 change fee.

Anyone familiar with this? Do they really charge you the $25 if your price goes down? Doesn't seem right.

I booked directly through the hotel (HRH), not AAA. I would call the hotel directly again and see what they say. If you still get the same response, I think I would contact the manager because we know there are AAA rates out and available. If you can see them on the AAA website, they should be able to offer them through hotel ressies. That way, you won't have any cancellation/change fees. Some people make a reservation and change it 3 or 4 times before they actually settle for a rate. There's no fee for that through the hotel.

Would someone who is able to check AAA rates online check to see if RPR is available for March 19-20 (1 night)? Pretty please? I do have AAA, but when I log in, it seems to be powered by Travelocity (or something like that - I don't remember what it was), and didn't list AAA rates (at least for my date).

The rate is really high - $324, and when I called yesterday to see if AAA rate was available, I was told it wasn't. This is for standard view, standard room. I asked about an obstructed view room that I thought I'd read about here, but they told me the standard view at $324 was the lowest. I don't really even want the hassle of staying here for 1 night, and we really just wanted the FOTL for 2 days. I seriously don't know if it's worth that much though! This is for 2 adults & 2 children.

I pasted what I found on AAA.com. Rates are high, but your dates are very close to Easter, 2008. I don't think there are many discounted rates available during those peak times. Anyway, here you go:

Universal's Royal Pacific Resort, a Loews Hotel

6300 Hollywood Way
Orlando FL 32819
Phone: (407) 503-3000
Fax: (407) 503-3010

Price: No Rates

Credit Cards: AX, DC, DS, MC, VI

ROOM & RATE DETAILS View All Room Types
Hide All Room Types View All Room Rates
Rates shown are based on 2 adults unless otherwise noted. See below for more information.

$324.00 USD Hide More Room Types
Standard Room 2 Queen Beds 335 Sq Ft Relaxing Tropical Decor Seasonal Rate. Book Now

$324.00 USD
Standard Room King Bed 335 Sq Ft Relaxing Tropical Decor Seasonal Rate. Book Now

$354.00 USD Hide More Room Types
Water View 2 Queen Beds 335 Sq Ft Relaxing Tropical Room Overlooking Pool or Seasonal Rate. Book Now

$354.00 USD
Water View King Bed 335 Sq Ft Relaxing Tropical Room Overlooking Pool or Seasonal Rate. Book Now

$434.00 USD Hide More Room Types
Club Room 2 Queen Beds Sleeps Up To 5 Special Benefits Include Continental Brkfst Seasonal Rate. Book Now

$434.00 USD
Club Room King Bed Sleeps Up To 3 Special Benefits Include Continental Brkfst Seasonal Rate. Book Now

Rates shown are based on 2 adults in a room unless otherwise noted and may not include taxes, service charges, fees, extra person charges, or any other incidentals. Lodgings may temporarily increase room rates or modify policies during a special event or holiday. Discounts normally offered at some lodgings may not apply during special events or holiday periods. Special rates and discounts may not apply to all room rates.

Special Note: To receive AAA/CAA member rates as identified above, a AAA/CAA membership card must be presented at check-in. Only two rooms per member may be booked at the AAA rate

I booked the Royal Pacific last week for $214/night ($240 includes taxes) for 2 nights Aug 22-24, 2008.

Ok, so I read this board, and sign into AAA, and find $223 rate (which includes tax). So I call the reservation number for Loews/Royal Pacific and the lady tells me that the AAA rate is not showing, and that I should book through the AAA website, and then cancel the reservation I have now.

Ok, so I follow the process on the AAA website, but they say there is a $25 cancellation/change fee. Well, since I have so much time to keep checking, and the rates have usually gone down for me, I don't want to lock in a price of $223 with AAA to have it go lower, and then get charged a $25 change fee.

Anyone familiar with this? Do they really charge you the $25 if your price goes down? Doesn't seem right.

Are you sure it said a $25 change fee? I ask because I just booked our trip and was going through the AAA website and in one area (I think the Universal Icon area) there was a fee....but when I booked it by just going through the generic travel website (hotel only) I did not see ANYTHING about a change fee.....

I'm gonna be upset if there is .... I booked the HRH for 2 nights at $225 per night (not including taxes) and then was just playing around to see how much 3 nights would cost and it brought the per night charge down to $196 (not including taxes) so I changed to 3 nights.

I pasted what I found on AAA.com. Rates are high, but your dates are very close to Easter, 2008. I don't think there are many discounted rates available during those peak times. Anyway, here you go:
$324.00 USD Hide More Room Types
Standard Room 2 Queen Beds 335 Sq Ft Relaxing Tropical Decor Seasonal Rate. Book Now

Thanks for checking! That's what we have booked - I just wanted to confirm elsewhere that there were no AAA rates. Now we just have to decide if it's worth that much money!

Are you sure it said a $25 change fee? I ask because I just booked our trip and was going through the AAA website and in one area (I think the Universal Icon area) there was a fee....but when I booked it by just going through the generic travel website (hotel only) I did not see ANYTHING about a change fee.....

I'm gonna be upset if there is .... I booked the HRH for 2 nights at $225 per night (not including taxes) and then was just playing around to see how much 3 nights would cost and it brought the per night charge down to $196 (not including taxes) so I changed to 3 nights.

I signed into AAA NY, and I just copied and pasted this from the reservation page:

Fri Aug 22 to Sun Aug 24 Adults: 2 Children: 2
RULES FOR THIS RATE

Room: Standard

Cancellation: If cancellations are received more than 14 days prior to 12:00 on the date of scheduled check-in, the cancellation fee is $25 USD per reservation, plus any additional hotel or other cancellation fees which may apply. If cancellations are received less than 14 days prior to 12:00 noon on the date of scheduled check-in, the cancellation fee is the first night room and tax charges, unless otherwise noted at time of reservation. Failure to check-in to the hotel as scheduled without prior notice of cancellation (no show) will result in no refund and the balance of any reservation will be cancelled and nonrefundable. Separate cancellation fees or booking conditions may apply over holiday or special event periods and will be disclosed at the time of booking. Any change to an existing hotel reservation will result in a $25 USD administrative fee.

Rate: Total Rate: USD $446.00
Rate includes taxes and is valid for all travelers
Award points and airline mileage may not be awarded when booking this rate

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter