Vero Beach 2014 Information & Adoration Thread

Are there any fast food restaurants nearby for a quick breakfast? Or, is eating breakfast at the resort the only option?
There are a few quick options about 4-6 miles away. I would consider either stopping at Publix on way to VB or bringing your breakfast options. I was really disappointed in the food at the resort. That is really the only negative, as everything else is excellent.

Are there any fast food restaurants nearby for a quick breakfast? Or, is eating breakfast at the resort the only option?
Well, there is a Burger King on US1, just north of 510 if you really want fast food.

There are a few places a bit further north on US1 where you can get a quick, casual, table service breakfast that won't take too much time out of your morning and where prices are a bit more economical than dining at a resort restaurant.

There are a few quick options about 4-6 miles away. I would consider either stopping at Publix on way to VB or bringing your breakfast options. I was really disappointed in the food at the resort. That is really the only negative, as everything else is excellent.

Well, there is a Burger King on US1, just north of 510 if you really want fast food.

There are a few places a bit further north on US1 where you can get a quick, casual, table service breakfast that won't take too much time out of your morning and where prices are a bit more economical than dining at a resort restaurant.

Thanks for the breakfast info. Dh and I just like to grab something quick for breakfast. We will probably bring some fruit, water and maybe a pastry from Publix. Burger King may be an option, too.

Is there a place dh can get just his morning coffee at the resort?

Thanks for the breakfast info. Dh and I just like to grab something quick for breakfast. We will probably bring some fruit, water and maybe a pastry from Publix. Burger King may be an option, too.

Is there a place dh can get just his morning coffee at the resort?

I don't drink coffee but I think they have it somewhere...maybe outside Shutters?

Also, at least during summer, Bleachers offers quick breakfast options. The bacon, egg and cheese croissant sandwich was tasty and not outrageously priced. I'm not sure whether Bleachers opens early enough to serve breakfast in the slower seasons, but it might be an option.

Finally, even if you're in a studio or Inn Room where you don't have a full kitchen, if you bring (or buy) a round microwavable plastic container, you can easily make delicious breakfast sandwiches in your room. Just buy some butter (to grease the container), a package of english muffins, a dozen eggs and a package of diced ham and you can have a tasty, hot breakfastg sandwich in just a few minutes.

I don't drink coffee but I think they have it somewhere...maybe outside Shutters?

Also, at least during summer, Bleachers offers quick breakfast options. The bacon, egg and cheese croissant sandwich was tasty and not outrageously priced. I'm not sure whether Bleachers opens early enough to serve breakfast in the slower seasons, but it might be an option.

Finally, even if you're in a studio or Inn Room where you don't have a full kitchen, if you bring (or buy) a round microwavable plastic container, you can easily make delicious breakfast sandwiches in your room. Just buy some butter (to grease the container), a package of english muffins, a dozen eggs and a package of diced ham and you can have a tasty, hot breakfastg sandwich in just a few minutes.

Thanks!

Have a great time with your Kindle - sounds like a great plan for a long weekend!!

If you have time to take a picture of the current menu at Shutters I would very much appreciate it! I have been trying to find info about the menu and with the ones I have found, I am not sure at all about how current those are. Thanks!!

Here is the current Shutters menu. Sorry, it looked better on my phone!
IMG_1214.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I am on the fence about the Sunday buffet... If you are doing the Sunday Buffet let me know if it is worth it. My kids are 11 so we would be paying adult price for all of us. we will be there the 19th.

We did not do the buffet, though I did check it out on the way to the rest room! It was a ton of food and presented nicely. For us, it was too much money....we would rather have wings and a drink at the Green Cabin Room and enjoy the view. I did notice that food was still out at 3:00 and looked fresh even though they stop taking guests at 2:00.

Are there still turtles there?

Turtle nesting season ends Oct 31. We were there last weekend and only walked south on the beach for maybe a mile. Saw maybe 4-5? unhatched nests. We were there the same weekend last year and there were many more. I don't know if they hatched earlier or there were less nests.

I have been to Vero and other FL beaches at least a dozen times during nesting season. The only turtles I have even seen are adults swimming in the ocean a couple of times. I have seen a recently hatched nest and that is pretty cool to see the empty shells. Many, many years ago I saw hatchlings charging towards the ocean on a beach in SC. It was awesome and I consider it a once in a lifetime event.

Thanks for the breakfast info. Dh and I just like to grab something quick for breakfast. We will probably bring some fruit, water and maybe a pastry from Publix. Burger King may be an option, too. Is there a place dh can get just his morning coffee at the resort?
Hi! There is a deli within walking distance that serves breakfast sandwiches. It's called Penny Hill Beach Emporium. Great subs for lunch too. They bake their own bread daily.

DH & I are heading down in less than two weeks. Thanks to all the great info on things to do and places to eat listed on this thread we can't wait!

I saw that they have Rapid Refill at Vero. We have quite a collection of mugs and a few have the chips in them. Has anyone had them reactivate an older mug?

For morning coffee, they set it up in the main building lobby. You can use your refillable mug there. They also serve a limited breakfast at the counter service by the pool.

Have a wonderful visit! Looks like you will have great weather....we were there for the first "cold" front of the season a couple of weeks ago and it was perfect!

Tell my pelicans I miss 'em!

We are headed to Vero on Monday. I just checked the weather forecast and it looks like cloudy and rain our whole trip. I am so bummed about this, and really hoping it changes. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to do if it does end up being a rain out?

The Navy Seal Museum in Ft Pierce and the McClarty Treasure Museum by the Sebastian Inlet State Park are both very interesting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter