• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Vero Beach 3/11-3/16 how do you spell...

pharmlivin

Mouseketeer
P-E-R-F-E-C-T!!!!!!!!!!!! Four adults, no kids. We had 2 Ocean View Inn Rooms with fabulous ocean views. Rooms were perfect, check-in was a breeze (rooms ready at 1:30 and 2:30 ) and the weather was fabulous. Resort was quite busy but could always get poolside lounge chairs. Cast members were gracious and helpful. Nothing to complain about. Little ones were enjoying the pirate ship, medium size and on up...enjoying the pool and slide and, of course, the ocean. Everyone was happy to be there and having a great time in the great Fla weather. Seriously considering adding on at Vero...I know the dues are higher but that's the cost for beautiful ocean front accomodations. One comment though...the balconies on the ocean view vary drastically in size. Ours was large but our guests' was very small and had the "wall" so you couldn't see out if you were sitting. Disney could splurge a little on the balcony furniture...the 2 K-Mart plastic chairs and tiny plastic table could be upgraded to make the balcony a little more inviting for extended relaxing. Overall, one of our best DVC stays.

Vero is my home resort and we love it. I agree with the chintzy plastic furniture...they also use it at onsite DVC accomodations! Yuk.

pharmlivin-

Glad you had a good time. I have never been to Vb but going in May. I have the urge to add on there as well but I had better wait until I actually se the resort.

Any idea the cost of cabanas? Were they full when you were there?

TIA
Melanie :flower3:

Glad you had a great time. I go with some friends right after New Years every year and we find it the nicest place. The fire in the Green Cabin room. The decorations are still up and the wonderful CM's make it the perfect place for a little relaxation after the hectic running of the holidays. Its only an hour and a half from home and there is the best outlet stores nearby so this makes it a definite on my list. The place is so lovely the plastic chairs I just chalk up to the oceanfront location. Wood wouldn't last and would be hard to store in case of a storm so these just stack and get put away and are washable never fade or splinter. Guess that must be the thought because your right they don't exactly fit with the theme. :cool2:

We didn't check into the cabanas. They were set up but I didn't notice the price. Some were occupied but I don't think all were (there were plenty it seemed). The beach was pretty windy everyday and the pool was much more inviting for swimming so there might not have been a big demand for them that week.

We had late lunch on Sunday at Capt Hiram's (Great Bloody Marys and Pina Coladas...so so food) and pretty good band. Festive carribean atmosphere.
We had dinner one night at Ocean Grill...excellent. They told us 1 hour wait but it really was only about 35 minutes. One night we found this little modest county club (Eagle's Nest) in Sebastian with excellent Prime Rib at a reasonable price...sort of a senior citizen place (we are not quite there yet). The other dishes were o.k. Service friendly...not fancy but decent food. The Prime Rib is their speciality. One night we ate hot dogs at Dodgertown! One night we had happy hour on the balcony and then ate at in the Green Cabin Room...couldn't get much further than that. (our room was 1 room down from the Green Cabin Room so when we went on the balcony we could just about talk to the people eating out on the deck...but we didn't)

We just kept saying as we floated around the pool "Aren't we lucky?"

We are leaving in 10 days for VB. Last Spring break was our first trip there and we fell in love. This year we have a 1 bdrm instead of OVIR (which we had last year). I hope it is just as nice. Glad to hear great trip reports.

My second trip to VB is May 13!!:banana:

A friend of mine who is a DVC member took me there and it sold me on the DVC concept. I really loved the resort and the CM's! They were terrific.

Thanks for the report - we are so excited to go in 2 more weeks! We went to VB for the first time last April, had an OVIR and loved everything about the resort! We bought a VB add on last August! :banana: :cheer2:

P-E-R-F-E-C-T!!!!!!!!!!!! Four adults, no kids. We had 2 Ocean View Inn Rooms with fabulous ocean views. Rooms were perfect, check-in was a breeze (rooms ready at 1:30 and 2:30 ) and the weather was fabulous. Resort was quite busy but could always get poolside lounge chairs. Cast members were gracious and helpful. Nothing to complain about. Little ones were enjoying the pirate ship, medium size and on up...enjoying the pool and slide and, of course, the ocean. Everyone was happy to be there and having a great time in the great Fla weather. Seriously considering adding on at Vero...I know the dues are higher but that's the cost for beautiful ocean front accomodations. One comment though...the balconies on the ocean view vary drastically in size. Ours was large but our guests' was very small and had the "wall" so you couldn't see out if you were sitting. Disney could splurge a little on the balcony furniture...the 2 K-Mart plastic chairs and tiny plastic table could be upgraded to make the balcony a little more inviting for extended relaxing. Overall, one of our best DVC stays.

Did you book right at the 7 month window?

of the 7 month window for both rooms. I have always done this for stays at Vero in March either 1 bedroom or OVIR and have always been successful...although we are flexible a week or two either way, we have always gotten our chosen week. With Vero becoming more and more popular that might be harder to do in the future.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter