• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Vero Beach - Just Back!

Paul in CT

DIS Veteran
My DW and I just returned from VB DVC and had a wonderful, relaxing time as usual despite the threats from Ophelia that never materialized. The only effect were overcast skies and high surf. We were there from Labor Day until Thursday morning.

On a recommendation I read on this board, we tried Squid Lips in Sabastian and found it to be very nice with the open view of the intercoastal from three sides and the excellent seafood. We especially liked the Grouper Fingers appetizer that we got gratis because we had a coupon fron the VB attraction book that was in our studio when we arrived. The service was also excellent. The seafood there is all fresh and they have quite a variety.

We had a thrird floor room in Bldg. 12 that had a great view of the ocean toward the north end of the resort.

We also had a tasty breakfast at "Country Ham and Egg" in Sebastian. The crowd there seemed to be mostly regulars. The food was good and the service friendly. It's about 7 miles from the resort on Rt 1.

We had dinner at the Riverside in VB. It claims the only view of sunset in VB. It's not "fine dining", but once again the view is great and the food is very good. :goodvibes

Glad you had a good time, and also glad the hurricane decided to skip Florida this time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter