Vero Beach or BLT?

DisneyStarWisher

Love My DVC!!!
My DH and I are taking a trip to WDW in October. We have 2 nights booked in a value studio at AKV, then moving to a standard studio at BLT. We are going into the parks one day for Epcot's Food and Wine Festival. We are also planning on MNSSHP one night. After thinking about it, we have decided we REALLY want to go to the beach. So I was thinking of keeping the AKV room and doing the parks one day and skipping the party, them driving over to Vero Beach for a couple of nights instead. We really just want to relax. There is availability every night at VB which I find surprising. What would you do?

Doesn't much matter what I would do, I won't be with you. :(

If you REALLY want to go to the beach, then go, have a great time, relax, there are no better answers.

:earsboy: Bill

If you really want to relax, Disney's Vero Beach Resort definitely fits the bill. Splurge for a beach set up - umbrella & 2 lounge chairs - and your relaxation will be complete as you lie back, close your eyes and drift off to the sound of the surf.

It makes me a little worried that there's availability 3 months out. Is that normal for October?

I just booked a long weekend at SSR 3 weeks out! I am not worried about the place, I'm glad it was available!:thumbsup2

Availability does not mean the resort will be empty! Unlike much of FL, Disney's VBs busy time is in the summer. I agree with PammyK, it's a wonderful, relaxing resort. I have not been in October, I mainly have been in May, June and January.

It makes me a little worried that there's availability 3 months out. Is that normal for October?
I wouldn't worry - except during peak time periods, Vero really doesn't book up until closer to the travel dates. For example, I was able to get an Inn Room for the last Saturday in July (Tour de Turtles, baby!) earlier this month. Also, WDW is crazy in October largely because of F&W and MNSSHP which don't typically impact reservations at Vero.

Thanks for the replies. I actually wouldn't mind it if it was empty, but it just made me wonder if there was something wrong with Vero in October. I know it's peak hurricane season, so I wasn't sure if that had an effect. My DH and I really need some relaxing time together, so pretty sure I'll book it. Thanks for the advice.

be sure to post when you cancel BLT - there is pretty high demand for it.

I will. I'm sure I will be making someone's day. This was actually a waitlist that had come through. I just hope I'll get the chance to stay there one day.

Now should I book a studio at Vero Beach or an ocean view inn room? With it being just the two of us I figured a studio would be best since we need only one bed and would use the couch. I don't really care about having ocean view. I just wouldn't want parking lot view. A view of the pool or greenery is fine. I'm not sure what the studios face.

If we decide to go to Vero Beach first and keep our BLT room we would need to book a garden view inn room due to limited points. Are those rooms guaranteed to be parking lot view?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter