• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

vero beach questions

Daitcher

DIS Veteran
I am going to try to book a Beach Cottage for the 1st week of October. I know lots of luck but I'll try anyway. View of the ocean and beach is very important to us. I am trying to plan for not getting the BC. Ocean view Inn rooms seem to have the best views, is this the case? Any certain rooms to request? We need 2 ocean view Inn Rooms, do they have connecting rooms? Any 2 bedroom units with views? What is the layout of the Inn rooms? Thanks very much for any and all help.

DAVE

Yes, Vero does have connecting ocean view inn rooms - we got them on our first visit in 2003. They were on the top (4th?) floor and had great views. We were looking forward to staying in them Oct last year but unfortunately the hurricanes scuppered our plans.
Got them booked for beginning of Nov this year though, cant wait

:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

I was in an Ocean View Inn room on the 4th floor last March. It was the last room (a corner room) on the side of the Inn next to the pool. I actually had a balcony facing the ocean and a side window facing the pool. this room was larger, I think, than the others, from what mousekeeping told me. It also had a connecting door to the next room. I'll be there again in 4 weeks in an OVI room and have asked again for the 4th floor. That view and the sound of the ocean are fabulous!

Any ocean view inn room will be a good view since the hurricanes took out the vegetation. We are partial to the south east corner of the inn 2408-2414.

We have a 2 bdr booked for the 2nd week of July this coming summer. I kept changing my dates so we lost out on the BC.

I have stayed in a top floor two-bedroom unit and had an oceanview room.
If you do want oceanview, request a top floor LOCK OFF (which is a connecting one-bedroom and studio). Those are oceanview.

The dedicated (non-lock off) two-bedrooms are on the back side of the building (toward Hwy. A1A). We have stayed in a top floor dedicated two-bedroom also (building closest to pool), and had a slight oceanview though.

hey guys,

I got the Beach cottage for a week at the seven month window. Our dates are Sept. 30- Oct 7th. Consensus was it was a long shot but I got it. I did't call day by day either. I just called on March, 7th. Looking forward to it but 2 trips first. BCV for 5 nights and Marriott Grande vista for 3 in May and then 2 weeks on the beach outside Charleston, S.C. at Wild Dunes Resort.

Thanks again for the info.

DAVE :cool1:

We just got back from Vero and had a 1 bedroom in unit 12. It was a 2nd floor with a view. I would say that before the hurricanes the view would have been very limited, but after we had a very nice view.
'We have had both types of views and it never effected the vacations. Don't forget the Green Cabin Room has some great views.

I tried to book a Beach Cottage at Vero Beach for the last week of June (Sun - Thurs). I did it at the seven month window, not day by day. I was put on the waiting list and was thrilled when the reservation came through about 3 to 4 weeks later.
My DH and I bought 200 pts. at SSR recently. We are in our mid 50's but love Disney. Now we can bring the 5 grandchildren and their parents for a wonderful vacation.
P.S. Just find out last week there's another grandchild on the way!! :rotfl:

We stayed in a top floor lock-off last summer and had a great view of the water. Lots of space, definitely the way to go!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter