Very disappointed in BB PTN tonight

It worked out really really well. We showed up at 7:20 and they had us on the list. We sat 2nd row (first was already taken) and had tons of space! Kids are dinner, read our joke book a bit and then the parade started. They rope off the ramp in front, probably for fire code? But that would be an awesome place to put PTN seating. Sit on the ground and everyone could see. You'd even have a spot for fireworks after, just turn around. I'm sure here's a good reason they aren't using it.

I felt weird, like a fussy butt or something, since I was in the VIP spot. But it was a good experience.

As I walked by the BB section tonight, it was just starting to fill. I overhead the CMs calling for " the next group of ten" and then walking that group into the roped area in an orderly, single file line. Made me wonder if they've already made some changes.

I wonder what time they started seating them. Do you remember? That's similar to how they sat us when it was time. In groups of 10, called us down and filed us in to our spots. It probably wouldn't have been as bad if it weren't so crowded. The entire route was packed though, so I'm sure they made last minute changes when they realized how many people were in the park. So they either need to sell less package tickets, or increase the space.

I wonder what time they started seating them. Do you remember? That's similar to how they sat us when it was time. In groups of 10, called us down and filed us in to our spots. It probably wouldn't have been as bad if it weren't so crowded. The entire route was packed though, so I'm sure they made last minute changes when they realized how many people were in the park. So they either need to sell less package tickets, or increase the space.

It had to have been about 7:30. We had just hopped over from CA after failing to find a rail spot for WOC when they let us in the yellow section at 7:15.

I just did this package as well and would only do it if you are planning on eating at BB already. Definitely NOT worth the money or even the view. It was nice to have a curb and not have crowding around us. CMs were "shady" not saying where to line up and some people had their feet on the curb and then when they opened up the line they just sat down and didn't get in line. A little odd way of handling and not impressed! After spending $200 on dinner I think they definitely need to come up with a better way of handling this.

I have the PTN BB package booked because I was going to eat at Blue Bayou anyway and I didn't want to wait 2 hours to watch the Parade. I'm coming from CT for the first time next month so PTN is an absolute must do, and I want to make sure I can see. Now I'm nervous about this package and the viewing area, hope they fix things soon!

OP I'm glad you were rewarded with a great viewing spot! I hope they make some improvements in general though because the way they're doing it now isn't worth it. When we did it in January, there were groups of people taking up so much of the curb space unnecessarily. CMs need to pay attention to this sort of situation as well as lining up too early, etc. It would be great if they could work out additional reserved seating/standing in the Hub area for the deluxe dining package. Otherwise I only think its worth it if you're eating at BB anyway. If not, I think making a Carnation Cafe reservation for the patio to watch the parade after eating dinner then filter in the street for fireworks works just as great.

...They rope off the ramp in front, probably for fire code? But that would be an awesome place to put PTN seating. Sit on the ground and everyone could see. You'd even have a spot for fireworks after, just turn around. I'm sure here's a good reason they aren't using it.
It seems PTN VIP seating has returned to the South Spoke of the Hub. There have been guests sitting on the ground on "the ramp" in the past, but still not available to all guests. The empty space does create a "buffer zone" making it easier for Guest Relations (the plaids) to control access.

They did keep people out of the roped off ramp area. Even in the VIP seating, it was first come first served. The family on the front row was there just after 7. I really don't see why they can't let the BB PTN do the same. It just doesn't make sense. The current 'no line yet' method just creates an unnecessary crowd.

Where does the line usually form? We are doing this package on Thursday and now I'm quite nervous since we have 3 little kids and being able to see the parade is a huge priority. I'm not quite sure where to head around 7:30. Thanks!

The night we were there it opened up on the southern most part of the roped off area and in the street, not the sidewalk.

Parade was 8:30 tonight. Showed up slightly before 7:30 and were shoo'd away. Came back at 7:45 to find a mob of people standing in front of the ropes. Kept telling us they didn't know where the "line" would open. So everyone is standing in front of the ropes, getting deeper and deeper into the street, no one knowing who is going to get the curb. At 8 still was being told they didn't know where it would start, the "leads" were still deciding. I got frustrated and left. I could already tell I was going to be squished and probably not in front and the process was just really starting to annoy me.

Parade was 8:30 tonight. Showed up slightly before 7:30 and were shoo'd away. Came back at 7:45 to find a mob of people standing in front of the ropes. Kept telling us they didn't know where the "line" would open. So everyone is standing in front of the ropes, getting deeper and deeper into the street, no one knowing who is going to get the curb. At 8 still was being told they didn't know where it would start, the "leads" were still deciding. I got frustrated and left. I could already tell I was going to be squished and probably not in front and the process was just really starting to annoy me.

You need to email a complaint. Every single person going through that mess needs to complain. Disney clearly wants there to be no line to get in, as the value of buying access is that you don't have to get there really early. But this is not the answer. The answer is for them to sell fewer overpriced viewing packages so that even if you show up late you can get a decent spot. But we all know that's not going to happen.

This is as insane as when they tested out characters that roamed but wouldn't form lines for traditional photos. It was just nutty to watch people trying to follow them around and the characters using all the evasive techniques they could come up. Just awkward.

I'm thinking to write to Guest Services about these recent reports. I would like to keep my ADR but I don't want spent money for such chaos. I'm making a BB ADR now just in case the BB PTN package doesn't improve. I don't need to spend more than double on the kids meal.

I decided to cancel mine for next Friday based on the reports. It sounds like more of a headache than it is worth. If we have to see the parade this time, we can watch it where we usually do without any issue typically (by IASW).

I would like to keep my ADR but I don't want spent money for such chaos. I'm making a BB ADR now just in case the BB PTN package doesn't improve. I don't need to spend more than double on the kids meal.

This is exactly what DH and I decided. We do not go till June, so we have time to watch this and decide. We want to eat at BB regardless.... But is all this drama worth the upcharge?

This not telling anyone where the line will start strategy is ridiculous. Think of something better, Disney.

This not telling anyone where the line will start strategy is ridiculous. Think of something better, Disney.
Similar "no line" policies have been used for F! and WOC (both dining and regular fastpass), but those viewing areas are huge. The relatively small BB PTN area certainly needs a different approach, particularly when the curb seating is so desirable.

Following since we have reservations. I do want to eat at BB, but only if the package is somewhat worth it.

I've been thinking, what can they do? What about a lottery for staggered entrance? Say, starting at 7:15, every 5 minutes, and ending at 7:45 (for parade at 8). Put all the tickets in a box and have people draw one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter