• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Very Disappointed In Pop Century's Tie Dye Cheesecake Now

soccercruiser87

Teen Board Moderator
So I went to Pop Century yesterday for the day and was going to get a tie dye cheesecake after a day at the parks that I was craving and I was very disappointed. I haven't been to Pop Century in a while so I'm not too sure when they replaced the cheesecake. But the cheesecake used to look and be a normal slice of cheesecake. However, they have now changed to the small circular style, basically like the carrot cakes they have throughout the resorts and parks. And they are charging $4 for the smaller style of cheesecake that will be gone in just a couple bites, very disappointed.

We made a trip over there just to try it and we were like "so what????" It was nothing special. I can get 4 dollar cheesecake at a local restaurant that tastes better and has a creamier texture.

Well, that's a bummer. We get that nearly every time we're out.

Mother Gothel, I agree that it's not the best quality cheesecake, but half the appeal is that it's half cheesecake, half devil's food, a combination which isn't common. And the other half is the fun of the food coloring. :p Tie Dyed Cheesecake is worth trying for the cheesecake connoisseur more in the collector sense than in the gourmet sense. ;)

It's not the same cake/cheesecake combo. It's straight up cheesecake. We were on the dining plan so we actually got it a few times because POP's dessert menu is so limited, and we can only take so much chocolate. I wouldn't ever pay cash for it. We didn't like the old one at all. Was excited to see how fun it was our first trip but hated the taste of the "cheese" part and the cake.

DisneySept162013POP024.jpg

Bummer. I really liked the old style, with the cheesecake over red velvet cake, and have recreated it (without the tye-dye effect) at home because that combination worked so well.

Is it still paired with red velvet or has that gone to something more generic?

Eww. That looks gross. Like it's made of play-doh or something. Not appetizing at all!

Here is a better picture of bottom. No cake, just the cheesecake part tasting similar to the plain round cheesecakes they offer.

iPhoneSept292013046.jpg

Gross! Kinda bummed I never tried the old one now, not one time in all my stays there! Oh well , can't miss what u never had I reckon!

I had the original slice back in July and it was great. If this is the only option I would be disappointed as well. That does not look appetizing.

:sad2: now I'm sad that we never went over there to get the original version. Always meant to, but never got around to doing it.

But I've noticed wdw food quality going down in some areas. Like the ribs at Flametree used to come with a corn muffin. Now it doesn't. The first time I went after item was deleted, I told the server she forgot my muffin :rolleyes: she was new & didn't know what I was talking about. Another CM overheard and came over to say it was taken off 2 mos prior! I miss that muffin!!!!

Key Lime pie is no longer the same either, now it's a mouse in a round cup like the cakes too. Bleck. Used to be real Key Lime pie.

Portion size has shrunk too.

Seems they are trying to cut corners and think we don't notice :rolleyes2

It's not the same cake/cheesecake combo. It's straight up cheesecake. We were on the dining plan so we actually got it a few times because POP's dessert menu is so limited, and we can only take so much chocolate. I wouldn't ever pay cash for it. We didn't like the old one at all. Was excited to see how fun it was our first trip but hated the taste of the "cheese" part and the cake.

DisneySept162013POP024.jpg
Blech, that does not look appetizing in the least. :crazy2:

I was also disappointed this trip with it. My girls wanted it so we got it but it was so much better when we tried it a couple of years ago.

Oh my does that look unappetizing!.. I saw a picture of the original somewhere in a trip report and thought I'd like to try that. Not this...Ewwwww:crazy2:

That. Looks. DREADFUL. :scared:

If it's called pie, I want a slice, not a dish. Cake - the new ones ought to be called at least a 'mini cake', and there's no excuse for that...that...coloured thing-in-a-cup

Yeah, over the past few trips we've noticed the quality and quantity of food sliding rapidly down the steep slope of 'cost-cutting'. It's easy to blame it on the DDP, but there's more to it than that, I'm afraid :(

Oh well , can't miss what u never had I reckon!
Very true - and those who visit for the first (and possibly only) time never know what the 'original' was like, and are usually very happy with what they receive.
Those of us who visit more often, or have family/friends who do are often confused and/or appalled at what passes for our beloved favorites these days.

honestly could have sworn in Sept when at POP the "crust"
was the bottom of the cup just a small layer of it

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter