• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Very disappointed with treatment from a CM...

mommy2allyandaveri

DIS Veteran
DD and I wanted to do the Toll House Cookie Baking at the end of main street. It starts at 11 and we were late arriving so I asked if I could sign up for the 12:00 event. She said they would let people start lining up about 30 minutes or so in advance. So we come back at 11:30, she was about the 5th child standing waiting. The CM was talking to the kids for about 10 minutes then went to get things ready. So 12:00 comes around and the CM starts handing out chefs hats. She handed one out to about 10 kids and just completely walked by my dd, like she wasn't even there. So then the other cm there said it was only for kids 4-7. #1 this WAS NOT posted anywhere. #2 she didn't even ask how old dd is (about 3). I went up and talked to this CM about this and her reasoning was that my dd wasn't 4. I said we were clearly standing there waiting in line and she never said anything about dd not participating. She said she was just too busy. But she was standing there talking to the other kids for like 10 min.

In the end she appologized, but really that isn't the point. She completely ignored dd and I, completely RUDE. And I told her this. We wasted a total of about 45 minutes, all could have been helped if it had been posted or if she had just said to me, this is for kids 4-7...

Sorry just needed to vent.

Oh then we walked back by there before it was over and there was a kid smaller than my dd. What the heck...

Yeah I would be upset too, 45 minutes is a long time to waste in DL, when you can be doing something else. That should be posted somewhere, I'm surprised it isn't. Wouldn't have hurt for her to mention that to you while you were standing there. I agree with writing a letter, at the very least maybe they can post the ages somewhere! Sorry that happened to you guys.

I have never seen them say anything about the ages at DL...
My daughter is 8 and tall for her age. She loves making cookies (like we cant make them at home) and tries to do this every time we visit. She has never been questioned.

Sorry you were given such a hard time. Yes they should have at least acknoldgedged (sp) you were standing there and tried to accomodate you after you had waited so long.

Hope you enjoyed the rest of your stay though...

My ds 11, and dd 8 have done this twice. I've never heard an age limit either! Sorry this happened to you!

meh, you need to understand how they feel... aka me! :P

We try are best to serve everyone... sometimes we just miss something...

Just kindly ask for what you need... we usually will grant it if it is in our powers.

I was yelled at for not serving any hot chocolate... like all out screaming at me... i just stared and said "SIR I DONT HAVE ANY MORE HOT CHOCOLATE AND I DONT HAVE ANYMORE CUPS TO SERVE YOU WITH. I ALREADY ORDERED IT A WHILE AGO!" still continued to yell at me... it aint my fault my office isnt supplyin me quick enough...

We did that today and they now post the ages on a hat right when you walk up the stairs ages 4-12 (?) not sure on the top off age mine are younger so I really didnt pay attention to that age. Plus they took about 20 kids today durring our event....

Yes, they posted the hat a little after noon. But that was after we had already waited for over 30 minutes. Why they don't leave the hat up there I don't know, like someone is going to take it...

I think I will write a letter.

I just felt so disappointed that my dd was completely ignored and left out on purpose. Not like Disney at all!

Oh and the hot chocolate thing is completely different. You ran out, what could you do? This CM had plenty of opportunities to talk to me and explain that my dd was too young, but she just didn't feel like it.

mommy2allyandaveri said:
Yes, they posted the hat a little after noon. But that was after we had already waited for over 30 minutes. Why they don't leave the hat up there I don't know, like someone is going to take it...

I think I will write a letter.

I just felt so disappointed that my dd was completely ignored and left out on purpose. Not like Disney at all!

Oh and the hot chocolate thing is completely different. You ran out, what could you do? This CM had plenty of opportunities to talk to me and explain that my dd was too young, but she just didn't feel like it.

should have gone to city hall... they usually call the office in charge of it... yea, i miss read it... i got off work at 2AM, didnt sleep until 4AM, and woke up at 9AM... sooo tired...

So we are back now and I would like to send my letter to Disneyland but am having trouble finding an appropriate address to send it to. I have e-mailed Disneyland but, big suprise, have gotten no response.

Anyone know what address I would send this too?

Where were you? Were you there in line with your DD? What happened when they originally passed your DD by? Did you say something? Sometimes we parents have to be the voice of our children.

I was there, sitting and standing the whole time dd was in line. Initially when she walked right but us, completely ignoring us I was pretty dumb founded. They I followed her and confronted her.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter