Very First Trip Report - Day Two

Mum to Belle

<font color=royalblue>Thinks she may know someone
An early start today as we’d pre-booked a 7.30 breakfast at Cafe Mickey! We could probably have done with a lie in really especially with DD being poorly but off we set! She ate next to nothing but was very excited to see the TV screens – Disney Channel in the room really did nothing for her!
There were sausages, bacon, scrambled eggs, fried potatoes, cold meats, smoked salmon, cheese, cereal, rolls, pastries, croissants & fruit salad.
We saw Mickey (again!), Scrooge McDuck and Prince John. We left just after 8 and went into the park for EMH.
Disneylnd069.jpg

The only ride DD would go on in Fantasyland was the Carousel! She said no to everything else so we wandered round to Discoveryland so DH could go on Space Mountain. We persuaded DD to go on Buzz because she loves the little aliens! We absolutely loved this ride and DD loved spinning the car around!! It was getting quite misty now as though the clouds had fallen down so we headed over to the Studios for some indoor entertainment.

First up was Cars which we weren’t sure DD would be up for but she absolutely loved it and was squealing with delight! She wouldn’t go on Magic Carpets so we went to watch Stitch Live :stitch2: which was brilliant!! DD sat on the blue carpet with all the other children and was joining in with the show – great stuff! Next up was Playhouse Disney!! DD loved the waiting area as it was clips of shows from Playhouse Disney – she was dancing & singing!! The show itself was wonderful. Sitting on the floor made it a bit hard to see for little ones but she didn’t mind! I think she would have stayed in here all day if we’d let her! :rotfl:

DH went to do TOT next while DD & I found something to eat and the sun came out! :goodvibes We headed out of the Studios and found there were characters in the Front Lot. DD met Chip & Clarice first and Chip tried to eat her apple! She thought this was hilarious! She was dancing around with them! Then we saw Stitch – as DD was going up to him a little boy knocked her over and Stitch gave her a hug & kissed her knee better! So sweet!:lovestruc
Disneylnd084-1.jpg

As we turned round we saw Daisy!!! It was a bit of a scrum around her with children clamouring over her and no parents controlling them but I stayed with DD while we waited patiently. Daisy made such a fuss of DD and waved away the other children so that she could have a cuddle and played with the pen! She did a lovely autograph for her too. Another example that good manners are appreciated by the characters! It was at this point that DD commented that they weren’t talking! So I said that Daisy had a sore throat and DD gave her a kiss better! Bless! :love:
Disneylnd087.jpg

Back into the park to discover that the Pocohontas playground was closed – boo! So we went in Phantom Manor and DD loved scaring all the ghosties!! Her favourite part was seeing the skeleton on the back of the car in the mirror at the end!! We went to find Pirates Beach which seemed quite small to me. There was a big scrum around the characters outside Indiana Jones so we avoided this even though it was Timon!

On the way back to the hotel we went in the Panoramagique! (More shareholders discount!) I loved this, DH wasn’t too keen and DD was a bit too short to really see anything! We got Ben & Jerry milkshakes to take back to the hotel for a rest.

Dinner this evening was booked for Inventions. DD put her Minnie Mouse dress on but then decided it was too itchy and had to come off again. By the time we had walked to the Disneyland Hotel she had fallen asleep. :rolleyes1
Disneylnd097.jpg

We were greeted by Goofy and then Chip & Dale were sliding up & down on the floor in front of the buffet!! We managed to wake DD up to see Chip & Dale dancing in front of the big mirrors!! She ate 1 prawn, a mouthful of spaghetti and half of a smiley face.

We were sat next to Emma & Kyra – what a co-incidence! And Karen Mac spotted us and came over to say hello too! It was a mini-DIS meet!!:goodvibes

Food then, I have photos this time, owing to the fact that DD was asleep and not being sick!! (To be added when my laptop speedsup!)

Starters - Smoked salmon, cold meats, salads, mussels, asparagus, artichokes, rice salad, cous cous, prawns, langoustines, crab, snails
Disneylnd110.jpg

Disneylnd111.jpg

Disneylnd113.jpg

Disneylnd112.jpg

Mains - Roast chicken supreme, roast beef, beef medallions, veal medallions, omelette, vegetable lasagne, risotto, potatoes, beans & peas, vegetables, polenta, spaghetti & meatballs, pasta, soup
Disneylnd114.jpg

Disneylnd115.jpg

Disneylnd116.jpg

Desserts - Crepes, rice cake pudding, crème caramel, black forest gateaux, apricot tarte, yoghurt, jelly, custard, ice creams, meringues
Disneylnd117.jpg

Disneylnd119.jpg

Disneylnd118.jpg

The freezer had broken and all the ice cream had melted! I was just going to get a Cornetto to take away with us as DD really needed to go to bed so this meant no dessert for me.

We saw Mickey,Tigger, Goofy, Chip & Dale. They were very funny, but I think you’d have to eat a lot of food to get your moneysworth!

:lmao: I didn't realise you took that many pics of the food lol.

It was lovely to see you in there, I'll have to post the pics of Kyra and Isabelle when i get round to the rest of my TR lol.

more great photos and a mini dis meet sounds great :goodvibes I love the pic of your dd with Daisy, so cute. I'm also loving all the food pics, I would be spoilt for choice !!!

yes manners do work with the characters, we have had this many times!!!
love the pic with stitch xxxxxxxxx

Glad you're enjoying the foodie photos - will copy onto the restaurant reviews with a bit more detail when I get a mo...

:laundy: :surfweb: :laundy: :surfweb: ;)

Another cool day...glad you managed to have a mini dis meet.

We had a similar experience with Captain Jack Sparrow when Kacee waited nicely to see him...it really is appreciated by the CM's

Another great day! Love the Daisy story and piccie!

Inventions looks so fab, I could happily just eat the seafood and starters which is why buffets generally are bad value for us as we spend a fortune and don't usually eat much of the mains and dessert!! Or should I say I don't, Phil manages ok with the desserts!

Were there really only 3 characters at Cafe Mickey for breakfast?

Inventions looks so fab, I could happily just eat the seafood and starters which is why buffets generally are bad value for us as we spend a fortune and don't usually eat much of the mains and dessert!! Or should I say I don't, Phil manages ok with the desserts!

Were there really only 3 characters at Cafe Mickey for breakfast?

I could have got my moneysworth if DD hadn't been ill - we had to leave early. She wasn't eating and didn't want to be sitting still so it wasn't really fair on her - or anyone else! - to stay.

There were only 3 characters in Cafe Mickey when we were there, not sure if more came out later though. We left shortly after they came out so that we could get in some extra magic hours!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter