Very Merry Christmas Parties - do you have to.....

pooh2001

been there, done that, TRYING to go back
At the Very Merry Christmas Party in 2019 - Did you have to have a dinner reservation or the dessert party reservation to go to the Christmas party in MK ?
Is it party of the ticket requirement to eat dinner there ?
Please tell - we are starting to pick our places to eat.

In order to have a dining reservation during the Christmas party you need a party ticket.

But you're not required to have a sit down dinner.

If I'm understanding the question correctly

Reactions: GAN
At the Very Merry Christmas Party in 2019 - Did you have to have a dinner reservation or the dessert party reservation to go to the Christmas party in MK ?
Is it party of the ticket requirement to eat dinner there ?
Please tell - we are starting to pick our places to eat.

Assuming your plan is to not attend(or buy a ticket) to MVMCP, I think it will be difficult to get a reservation. From what I hear, if you call to book something on one of those nights(after 6PM assuming that is official park closing), they will ask you if you have a ticket to the event. If not, they may not allow a reservation to be placed.

We will have a Very Merry Christmas Party - but we do not want a heavy meal - CS will be fine for us

There were some "special" dining events last year during MVMCP at BOG and I think CP and the Plaza that were labelled as party dining. I don't know that there's anything particular special about them that's different than normal dining there; I think they were just labelled as that to make it very clear that you had to have a party ticket to book them. Tony's wasn't part of that because they closed it after 6 pm to get ready for the special special party that started later (which was something different than the normal menu). But you're not obliged to eat anywhere. These are just additional things you can do. Sometimes we eat early either there or outside the park so we don't infringe on our time at the party and sometimes we just eat CS or snack during the party. The snacks (i.e., gingerbread cookies, cider, hot chocolate, sugar cookies, etc.) are included as part of the ticket but meals are not so you can eat or not as you choose. You're not required to book anything other than the ticket to get in. And the ticket will allow you in as early as 4 pm even though the party doesn't start until 7 pm and other guests have to vacate by 6 pm.

No, MVMCP ticket holders are not required to book dining or a dessert party during the event. You just need an event ticket and some QS will be open if you want a quick meal. We ate at Cosmic Rays during the party last year - it was cute as there was a dance party going on in there as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter