Very Merry Parking question

BeachMouse1

DIS Veteran
So going to Grand Floridan cafe the night we go to Mickeys Very Merry. Staying at Boardwalk. Was thinking of driving over the the Grand and valet parking because I have heard if you pay for valet I can leave my car there and go into the party??
Is this ok? Is it frowned upon?
No judgement please just heard you can do this so I’m asking not looking to do Anything wrong here

Unless you have a reason to be at the GF, like an ADR, you won't be allowed in their lot.

They have a reservation. And as long as you’re willing to pay for valet, you could just be going shopping. They didn’t ask about regular parking.
I missed the part about their reservation. Thanks for pointing that out.

As far as "just going shopping" goes, no that won't get you past the guards there. They are almost as strict as those at the Contemporary.

I missed the part about their reservation. Thanks for pointing that out.

As far as "just going shopping" goes, no that won't get you past the guards there. They are almost as strict as those at the Contemporary.
Not if you’re willing to pay for valet. They will let anyone park if they pay. Otherwise, agree 100%, they are very strict. But as long as spaces are available in the valet lot, you will be allowed.

Not if you’re willing to pay for valet. They will let anyone park if they pay. Otherwise, agree 100%, they are very strict. But as long as spaces are available in the valet lot, you will be allowed.
To be clear

Only if the guard grants access to the resort can one utilize valet. That equates to being a registered guest at the resort or having a verifiable ADR

Note this applies to WL too. We have had to make arrangements with front desk during the holiday season When friends drove in to join us for dinner at WC.

People will be turned away if just pulling up to guard house, saying they want to shop or look
At the gingerbread display. There just isn’t enough room to accommodate that demand

To be clear

Only if the guard grants access to the resort can one utilize valet. That equates to being a registered guest at the resort or having a verifiable ADR

Note this applies to WL too. We have had to make arrangements with front desk during the holiday season When friends drove in to join us for dinner at WC.

People will be turned away if just pulling up to guard house, saying they want to shop or look
At the gingerbread display. There just isn’t enough room to accommodate that demand
That’s why I stated “as long as spaces are available in the valet lot” - not the regular guest parking lot. The security guard will 99% of the time let you enter if you say you are parking in valet. It’s money for Disney and the valets, they work for tips. If no cars are being let in and there’s empty spaces, someone will hear about it. No one whines more when they are not making tips! I was a FD/BS manager at Disney at one point in my life, I’ve heard it. Plus, your plate is recorded driving in, they can check if you actually did valet park. To be clear.

Last edited:
Unless the valet line is separate from how everyone else gets into the parking lot, I am not sure that will let you do that. It would become a game for people to say they are going to valet park and then once past the guard shack park in the regular lot for free and walk to MK. Guards at the monorail resorts are wise to all of the clever tricks people might try to avoid paying for MK parking.

Unless the valet line is separate from how everyone else gets into the parking lot, I am not sure that will let you do that. It would become a game for people to say they are going to valet park and then once past the guard shack park in the regular lot for free and walk to MK. Guards at the monorail resorts are wise to all of the clever tricks people might try to avoid paying for MK parking.
Lol, imagine the shaggy dog stories they have heard from those trying to work their way into those popular lots.

While flukes do happen, i haven’t heard of any recent accounts of this being successful.

Depends on the level of closure (in turn depending on expected crowding) of the resort main lot at that hour (not readily determined by guests). At a minimal level of closure the guard will let you right in. At a near maximum level of closure only guests staying at that resort are let in. At some intermediate level of closure you may be let in to drop someone off and if you go to the valet parking entrance the valet has levels of closure for the valet lot. Once you get to the valet entrance you may remain valet parked for the rest of the day unless (rarely) the valet tells you otherwise.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter