Veterans: What Have the Direct Purchase Benefits Been?

Blue ID for direct and grandfathered owners and a white ID for resale owners.

:earsboy: Bill

I knew that the benefits were different but not that the actual membership number was colored differently. I thought you just didn't get a card if you were resale? It all seems petty. We are about to go resale as first time dvc, so we will wear our white membership with pride. Lol.

I knew that the benefits were different but not that the actual membership number was colored differently. I thought you just didn't get a card if you were resale? It all seems petty. We are about to go resale as first time dvc, so we will wear our white membership with pride. Lol.
Yeah, I wouldn't worry about the white vs blue card. As a general rule, you save way more via resale than you would ever gain from the minor perks and discounts afforded to direct owners. The whole trading in of points for a cruise, for example, while convenient is not a good use of points. It would take a long time using the AP discounts and 10% off on merchandise and food to make up the difference. ;)

Don’t you need to be direct or grandfathered to book the member cruise?

I’m not interested in cruising so I haven’t paid attention.

As others have mentioned, the benefits can be changed, so I wouldn’t base a buying decison on the prospect of receiving them.

Yes, you must have a qualified membership to be able to go on the member cruise whether paying cash or trading points. That goes back to the 2011 restrictions.

It's just an identifier for getting discounts etc If the cashiers don't see blue then they shouldn't give the discounts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter