VGC at 7 months...ugh

luv2sleep

DIS Veteran
Trying to VGC at 7 months is so frustrating. I am trying to get a studio midweek for our school's fall break. Only one day of the whole week is available. Ugh. Just venting. I really need points there. I reserved the one day and wait listed the other days that I want. I doubt it will come though. Maybe we can stay one day there and then stay somewhere else off property. On property uses too many points.

I feel your pain and have been thinking I need to add on there also. If it helps, I had waitlisted 2 nights of our upcoming 3 night stay. Both came thru....after reading the boards, and being Extremely patient.....I read on one board that many owners there tend to reserve but then cancel around the 31 day mark. That's exactly when our last one came thru! Good luck!

tink_lover said:
I feel your pain and have been thinking I need to add on there also. If it helps, I had waitlisted 2 nights of our upcoming 3 night stay. Both came thru....after reading the boards, and being Extremely patient.....I read on one board that many owners there tend to reserve but then cancel around the 31 day mark. That's exactly when our last one came thru! Good luck!

Oh good to know! Gives me hope! I can easily adjust my work schedule after that. We are about 60 miles away so thankfully no flying reservations are involved.

I am so sorry! It is definitely a challenge to get a reservation there! I am always on pins and needles when I book. We have been lucky to get reservations twice. I have read the studios go first, then the 1 bedrooms and lastly the two bedrooms because the point requirements are high. Points there are definitely tempting. Keep stalking you never know when something may open up. Good luck!

mdsd8700 said:
I am so sorry! It is definitely a challenge to get a reservation there! I am always on pins and needles when I book. We have been lucky to get reservations twice. I have read the studios go first, then the 1 bedrooms and lastly the two bedrooms because the point requirements are high. Points there are definitely tempting. Keep stalking you never know when something may open up. Good luck!

The one bedrooms are available. I don't want to spend that many points. I have other things to use points for and there's only 2 of us.

Yes, it's tempting to buy there!

The one bedrooms are available. I don't want to spend that many points. I have other things to use points for and there's only 2 of us.

Yes, it's tempting to buy there!

Yes it is point expensive at VGC and I wouldn't do a 1 bedroom for two people at that resort either. We changed the dates of our vacation in order to use less points. Lot's of pixie dust pixiedust: that it will work out somehow.

mdsd8700 said:
Yes it is point expensive at VGC and I wouldn't do a 1 bedroom for two people at that resort either. We changed the dates of our vacation in order to use less points. Lot's of pixie dust pixiedust: that it will work out somehow.

That's great! Fall break is at a certain time. I can go other times though. Just not during the week. Will hope it comes through!

That's great! Fall break is at a certain time. I can go other times though. Just not during the week. Will hope it comes through!

Keep checking the website OFTEN as days pop up every now and then. You can change your waitlist as a day becomes available. My two single day waitlists came through, but I checked the website several times per day for my June reservation and would see single night studios available and then gone in a day or two. Good luck!!!

Shelly S said:
Keep checking the website OFTEN as days pop up every now and then. You can change your waitlist as a day becomes available. My two single day waitlists came through, but I checked the website several times per day for my June reservation and would see single night studios available and then gone in a day or two. Good luck!!!

That's great! I'll do that. So if I see a studio open up for a day I want can I book It even though I've wait listed that day? And do I have to cancel my single day and recoil the data I want so they are together or can I go into it with a skew of single day reservations because they've popped up at different times?

We're coming up to our 7 month mark too and are concerned - we're looking for a Tuesday - Friday in mid October. Is there something going on there or is it just that there are only so many studios available?

We can't go any other time and will have to buy plane tickets, so if the waitlist doesn't come until just a month before, that isn't going to work for us.

We're coming up to our 7 month mark too and are concerned - we're looking for a Tuesday - Friday in mid October. Is there something going on there or is it just that there are only so many studios available?

We can't go any other time and will have to buy plane tickets, so if the waitlist doesn't come until just a month before, that isn't going to work for us.

There are only 50 rooms and 2 are grand villas. I am no VGC expert as we have only stayed their twice. The first time I called just past the 7 month window and had to change our dates a bit to get a one bedroom. All the studios were gone. For this summer after my own experience and everything I have read I was online booking at the moment our 7 month window opened. We wanted a 1 bedroom and was able to get that. However studios are less points and they appear to go faster.

Without a doubt you need to be online booking as soon as it the window opens to give yourself the best shot.

There is a Super thread on the Grand Californian on the Disneyland portion of the Dis, lots of great information in that thread and all about DLR!

We are looking to book at the end of this month as our vacation dates are Oct. 27-31st. We are keeping our fingers crossed for a 1-bedroom but we are keeping are options open if it doesn't pan out.

Remember, you can book a standard room using points at all three Disneyland resorts, that's our back-up plan in case its all booked.

Also, I've been lurking thru the Disneyland forum and someone posted that Fall break is around mid-week, right smack on some of the dates many of you are going.

Good Luck!:thumbsup2

Well now I've wait listed the day before and the day after. This is a lot of work! Points there a sorely needed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter