VGC - How to Make Room Request?

Breyean

DVC Since '93
I'm going to soon be booking my first stay at VGC since recently adding on there.

Looking at some threads here I've seen people comment on which specific rooms they have had with great views of PP and WOC, while others have commented on what TYPE of view to request.

In another thread I read that VGC seems to really try, whenever possible, to meet room requests, which is great if true. But that leads me to my question.

When, exactly, do I make a room/view request? Do I do it when I call MS to make the reservation, like with other DVC resorts (for example at OKW, water view, near HH, stuff like that)? MS doesn't take specific room requests for VGC, do they?

Or do I wait until I arrive and ask at check in?

Very exited to finally be staying there. We've used our points in the distant past to stay in the hotel side, before the DVC was added, but, as I said, we finally bit the bullet and added on. So now we're just trying to learn how to get the most out of the stay.

Thanks for any advice.

If DL uses the same reservation system as WDW, there are specific room request selections loaded into the system. The pre-defined selections are what the room assignment software scans when making the room assignments. Noted requests are never read by the software and are sometimes match by a CM.

You should make your request when you make your reservation and ask the MS CM if there are any request choices to pick from.

:earsboy: Bill

I was there in May and requested park view with member services. My friend arrived the day before me and checked in at VGC at 7:00am and talked to the cm about what was available. We got a great park view. So having the request in and also checking in early will help. Being that there are only a small number of rooms and is usually 100% occupied, someone is going to end up with the pool view on the first floor. I think if you have no requests or arrive late, you are more likely to get it.

I was there in May and requested park view with member services. My friend arrived the day before me and checked in at VGC at 7:00am and talked to the cm about what was available. We got a great park view. So having the request in and also checking in early will help. Being that there are only a small number of rooms and is usually 100% occupied, someone is going to end up with the pool view on the first floor. I think if you have no requests or arrive late, you are more likely to get it.

Thanks, Debbie. That's what I wondering - if you just ask for a park view with MS and then hope for the best at the desk at check in.

I had thought I had read somewhere on a thread that people requested SPECIFIC rooms, and I was wondering if they did with MS or at the desk, and now you've answered me!

I had the pool view once from the hotel side. The only problem with that was it was pretty noisy since the sounds just echo around the buildings enclosing pretty much the entire pool area.

But as long as I get a room at this point, I'll be happy!!

I had thought I had read somewhere on a thread that people requested SPECIFIC rooms, and I was wondering if they did with MS or at the desk...

I have had good results making requests with a list of specific room numbers :thumbsup2
Email the request to member services in advance, I send a request soon after booking.

An example email:
Dear Member Services:

I would like to add a room request to reservation number #####.
This reservation is for a one-bedroom at the Villas of Grand Californian
Arrival: date
Departure: date

Add this room location request:
"Prefer a high floor with Paradise Pier Park View.
The room order of preference is: 6502, 5508, 4508, 5502, 4502, 3508, 3502, 2522, 2508, 2502"

I understand that room requests cannot be guaranteed.

Thank You

Name
DVC Member Number: #####
Address
Phone

I have received: 5502, 3502, 6502 :wizard:

Here are the villa maps: 1 page, 6 page

I have had good results making requests with a list of specific room numbers :thumbsup2
Email the request to member services in advance, I send a request soon after booking.

An example email:

WOW!! That's a great idea. I've seen those maps and marked on them which rooms people have said are the best views, but I never would have thought about the email thing.

Thanks for sharing your "secret"!!

Nonsuch,

Thanks for the great maps and concise e-mail. We are going to VGC in April 2012 and hope to get one of the rooms you mentioned.

mac_tlc

Nonsuch,

Thanks for the great maps and concise e-mail. We are going to VGC in April 2012 and hope to get one of the rooms you mentioned.

mac_tlc

Being that there are only a small number of rooms and is usually 100% occupied, someone is going to end up with the pool view on the first floor.

That was us on our first stay. But we didn't even have a view of the pool - we looked out to the big wall.

An example email:

Why do you drop down a floor in choice ( 4508 ) before the higher floor room next door ( 5502 ) ?

Why do you drop down a floor in choice ( 4508 ) before the higher floor room next door ( 5502 ) ?
The view are similar, but x508 have a better angle for WOC viewing. There is also a tree close to x502, creating a partial obstruction.
I would try to view the first WOC show from inside DCA, then view the second show from my villa.
WOC view is less important now, since the show only runs once a night (and I try to view from inside the DCA).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter