VGF Room Size???

rseeb

DVC Member Since 2001
I am wondering why DVC increased the number of people that can sleep in a Studio to 5 but did not do the same for the one bedrooms. They still only sleep 5 people. Personally 4 in a studio and 5 in a one bedroom is over crowded. :)

There was nothing to "raise" for the 1BRs beyond five. The studio with the Murphy bed at VGF now has sleeping arrangements for five, as Disney states (a queen, a pull-ot queen and the murphy bed). The 1BR with the murphy bed at VGF also has sleeping arrangements for five (a king, a pull-out queen, and a Murphy bed), as Disney states. The 1BRs at BLT, OKW and AKV (other than value) also have sleeping arrrangements for five via the additional twin-sozed pull-out chair rather than a murphy bed. The other WDW DVC resorts have 1BR sleeping arrangements for only 4 (king and pull-out queen) and offically their stated capacity was four but Disney has allowed five as long as you provide the bedding arrangements for the fifth. When it added the sleeper chairs to AKV, BLT, and OKW, it did not say it would allow 6 in those just because it added a fifth sleeping arrangement and it has also not done so for VGF 1BRs.

I just thought it interesting they bumped the occupancy rate of at the VGF. I wonder how many people would book a studio now since it slept 5 over a 1bdr. I would rather have the storage space and leave the occupancy rate at 4 and get a bigger room for more than 4.

I just thought it interesting they bumped the occupancy rate of at the VGF. I wonder how many people would book a studio now since it slept 5 over a 1bdr. I would rather have the storage space and leave the occupancy rate at 4 and get a bigger room for more than 4.

I can't imagine ever staying 5 in a studio, I think I would prefer to wait until I can afford a two bedroom even if it reduced my trips by 3. But then my kids are teenagers I might feel differently if they were toddlers

We are doing a studio with 5 but all of our kids are under 7. It provides a great option for a family of 5 with young children but as our kids age we will reevaluate our room size and needs.

I think it's all a matter of bed quantity... in a 1 Br, you still only have the King, the pull out, and the pull down. It was a great space in our experience. Now that we'll be toting three kids down (all very young--for the first trip all under 3) we'll still be doing 1Brs until they are out of pack n plays. Hoping to keep them in those as long as possible :) When we've got three that all need beds, the 1 Br would still work -- the twins share the pull out and the littlest gets the pull down. But when they are all nearly full sized people I WILL be fighting my husband to get the 2Brs :)

The 1Br rooms are very spacious. I will try to hunt down a pic to give you an idea.

Having a murphy bed in the studio is great not only for a family of 5, but also in families like mine with opposite sex, teenage step-siblings. Everyone gets a bed... No drawing straws for who gets the air mattress.

I bought enough points as a single mom for my daughter and I to vacation in a studio twice a year. It was all we needed. Now we are a Brady bunch family of 5 and there are too many new life expenses to justify adding on more points. I'd rather "live out of our cases" for 2 weeks a year and gain the extra sleeping arrangement than have a few drawers and an air mattress taking up all the floor space in the room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter