VGF storage questions

grandfloridian3

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone, I am new to this forum and enjoying reading your posts:) I am a new DVC member and my home resort is the Grand Floridan villas. we are going in august in a 2 bedroom lockout with a total of 10 guests. I am a little concerned about storage for luggage and clothes for my guests...any tips? Doesn't look like there is much space for clothes. Does the studio have a closet? TIA

Storage will be an issue, especially with 10 people in a 2 bedroom.

We get a 2 bedroom for 3 adults, 10 people :scared1:
:earsboy: Bill

We stayed in a studio at VGF in February. Storage: there is a closet, 2 big drawers under one side of the bed (the one by the nightstand only opens 1/3 of the way, but the drawer is full size...so it's hard to get the clothes out again.), nightstand has 2 very small drawers...could fit underwear/socks and that's about it. Under the bed (at the end) there is space to stick a piece of luggage...wish they had put a drawer there as well!

We put 7 people in a 2 bedroom with one being a 4 year old. I can't imagine having 10 people in that same villa. It will be tight.

We had no storage issues in the master bedroom - the closet is huge plus you get the dresser.

My 2 teens slept in the living room area, and they had issues with where to keep their clothes. Since the pull down bed takes up all of the space in the dresser, the storage options are limited. They each had the space inside a small square ottoman, and they each had one drawer in the divider between the kitchen and living area. They also shared the small linen closet in the hallway for their hanging clothes. If you have 3 people in the living room, storage will be even tighter.

We had a dedicated 2 bedroom, so my 3 guests in the 2nd bedroom shared the dresser under the TV and the medium size closet. If you have a lock-out, you lose the dresser. I also don't know how the size of the closet is affected with a regular studio since the kitchenette portion of the studio will have to take up some of the extra space that a normal 2nd bedroom would have. If you have 5 guests in that studio, you will have storage issues.

If you want out of sight storage for luggage for 10 people that will probably be difficult. However the Master bedroom closet could probably handle luggage and clothing of 4-5 people on it's own! :goodvibes

p34653681-4.jpg

We were in a Dedicated 2 BR which had a good sized closet in the second bedroom but I agree with what was mentioned before that since there's a kitchenette in the studio it must be a reduced sized closet in comparison. I've seen it on a tour but didn't take a picture nor can I recall specifics.

Thanks everyone:) You are all very helpful. I should add that 2 of the guests are my kids and will use the master bedroom/bathroom for clothes and storage. So there will be a total of 6 using the living room and studio for storage. I am thinking of buying them a hanging shelving unit to hang in closet for more storage options.

How big are the drawers in the living room between living room and kitchen?

Thanks everyone:) You are all very helpful. I should add that 2 of the guests are my kids and will use the master bedroom/bathroom for clothes and storage. So there will be a total of 6 using the living room and studio for storage. I am thinking of buying them a hanging shelving unit to hang in closet for more storage options. How big are the drawers in the living room between living room and kitchen?

Our family of 4 just stayed in a dedicated 2 bedroom there. There is not a ton of storage in the living area. Two little rolling footstools offer additional storage. The living room itself seemed small. The sofa fit myself and my two younger kids and there is a chair with a stool. We used our patio a lot for sitting since it was pretty big.

I called DVC today to see if I can do a 2 bedroom instead of a lock out and because I have 10 guests they won't let me:( I think the 2bedroom is bigger and has more storage space. :(

I called DVC today to see if I can do a 2 bedroom instead of a lock out and because I have 10 guests they won't let me:( I think the 2bedroom is bigger and has more storage space. :(

The 2 BR is not in a bigger footprint it just has a little different layout for the 2nd bedroom because as a lockout it also has to be a stand alone studio with a kitchenette. And the murphy bed in the studio instead of the dresser is what allows you to have 10 people instead of the 9 that are allowed in a dedicated 2BR. The trade off of storage vs. occupancy. I'm sure everyone will find a way to make it work. :thumbsup2

If everyone wants to empty out their luggage then try and store smaller bags within the larger bags that will help. And having the washer/dryer in the unit allows for less clothing to be brought which also helps. Also some may just chose to live out of their bags which isn't atypical when on a vacation.

I'm borrowing your picture and just commenting on the bathrobes.

We were there in Feb. and the studio portion of our 2 bd had one robe. When I called saying the master didn't have any I was told no DVC units have robes. Interesting since I thought they were supposed to have them. It was too small for me anyway.

We were there in Feb. and the studio portion of our 2 bd had one robe. When I called saying the master didn't have any I was told no DVC units have robes. Interesting since I thought they were supposed to have them. It was too small for me anyway.

We have had robes at VGF for both of our stays.

:earsboy: Bill

Bathrobes are listed as one of the amenities at VGF and they should have been there. Curious on who you called? Housekeeping is who is responsible I imagine. If you hit the button to call the front desk then you probably got an off-site person who isn't well informed on each resort.

Oh - and the guides make a big deal about the robes being something that makes VGF a cut above the rest in DVC resorts. ;) BTW - both VGC and Aulani have robes as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter