VGF2 Big Pine Key Bldg Resort Studio - No Microwave email Campaign

peabody58

I'm just a drummer in a R&R Band!!
Just sent this email off to dvcmembersatisfactionteam@disneyvacationclub.com

I'm not holding my breath that DVD will change their design plans, but you never know. If you have similar concerns, please let DVD know and maybe, just maybe we can get a $25 microwave in the VGF2 Big Pine Key Bldg Resort Studio. Having a microwave in the Resort Studio may also help alleviate the concern that the VGF Deluxe Studios will be harder to get.

========================================

Dear DVC/DVD and
Bill Diercksen - Senior Vice President of Disney Vacation Club,

I am writing to express a concern I have regarding the planned development of VGF2 at the Big Pine Key building.

As DVC members we have enjoyed staying at VGF and look forward to future opportunities. When VGF2 was announced, we were initially very excited and started to discuss buying some points at VGF. Then the design specs for the new Resort Studios were reveled and we were disappointed to learn that the rooms would not have a simple microwave.

We can vacation (survive) at WDW without the kitchenette, Fridge/Freezer (Beverage Cooler bare minimum), desk and other small items, but a microwave is crucial to our vacationing style and overall product enjoyment. We frequently reheat our restaurant leftovers, as well as our coffee and breakfast items. The quality of a “Home Away From Home” stay would be diminished without a microwave to the point that a stay in a Resort Studio would not be worth the effort or use of our points. I guess we could always buy a cheap microwave and bring it along as we drive, but for the cost of membership, every DVC room should have at least a microwave.

Please oh please reconsider the decision to not have a microwave in the renovated Resort Studios. Heck, even the cheapest Motel 6 has a microwave for its guests.

Thank you in advance for your time and consideration. Please forward this email on to appropriate parties as needed.

Tom and Diane xxxxxxxx
DVC Members since 2010
Member ID: BR549-8675309

Last edited:
Just sent this email off to dvcmembersatisfactionteam@disneyvacationclub.com

I'm not holding my breath that DVD will change their design plans, but you never know. If you have similar concerns, please let DVD know and maybe, just maybe we can get a $25 microwave in the VGF2 Big Pine Key Bldg Resort Studio. Having a microwave in the Resort Studio may also help alleviate the concern that the VGF Deluxe Studios will be harder to get.

========================================

Dear DVC/DVD and
Bill Diercksen - Senior Vice President of Disney Vacation Club,

I am writing to express a concern I have regarding the planned development of VGF2 at the Big Pine Key building.

As DVC members we have enjoyed staying at VGF and look forward to future opportunities. When VGF2 was announced, we were initially very excited and started to discuss buying some points at VGF. Then the design specs for the new Resort Studios were reveled and we were disappointed to learn that the rooms would not have a simple microwave.

We can vacation (survive) at WDW without the kitchenette, Fridge/Freezer (Beverage Cooler bare minimum), desk and other small items, but a microwave is crucial to our vacationing style and overall product enjoyment. We frequently reheat our restaurant leftovers, as well as our coffee and breakfast items. The quality of a “Home Away From Home” stay would be diminished without a microwave to the point that a stay in a Resort Studio would not be worth the effort or use of our points. I guess we could always buy a cheap microwave and bring it along as we drive, but for the cost of membership, every DVC room should have at least a microwave.

Please oh please reconsider the decision to not have a microwave in the renovated Resort Studios. Heck, even the cheapest Motel 6 has a microwave for its guests.

Thank you in advance for your time and consideration. Please forward this email on to appropriate parties as needed.

Tom and Diane xxxxxxxx
DVC Members since 2010
Member ID: BR542-8675309

Sounds good to me. Not too long.
Only thing I would change is how you phrase the motel 6 sentence. Maybe a “we do know other hotels in the area have microwaves readily available.”

I agree it's a good letter. I also think it might be stronger if you make clear that you understand that MFs will pay for the microwaves, or for their replacements as they wear out, and that you as an owner consider that a reasonable use of the MFs you pay. That statement would be stronger if you're an owner at VGF already. We know that DVC likes to use "in response to owner concerns/demands" as an excuse to do or not do things, and it would certainly be easy for them to come back with "we thought about that, but we try to keep costs down out of respect for the owners paying MFs."

Those of us who don’t want a microwave or kitchenette should we email dvc to counter Argue?

I think the new rooms are top notch and hope more dvc resorts follow
You were going to purchase with the knowledge that the rooms would be the same As the original VGF rooms. Since we don’t know for sure, not sure you have an argument to present.

No I Am Specifically purchasing because the new rooms have two queens and no kitchen. The argument is in strong favor of what Disney announced and show support for the the detsils provided in the press release

like you- email sent in full support of Disney plans

Last edited:
I think they will see how sales go before they consider rethinking their amenities.

Yes I think you are correct. If sales go off well no changes. Sales go badly they will rethink the kitchen deal.

this will sell well so long as the price is reasonable

No I Am Specifically purchasing because the new rooms have two queens and no kitchen. The argument is in strong favor of what Disney announced and show support for the the detsils provided in the press release

like you- email sent in full support of Disney plans
I don’t think OP was asking for a change to the two queen beds or for a kitchen ... I think she only wanted a microwave to reheat things Which seems reasonable.

$40 will get you a brand new microwave from Walmart. Free shipping over $35. Have it delivered to the resort, use it for the week you are there (effective cost $5.71 per day), and then pass it along to another guest staying there the following week the way we used to pass along the Christmas Trees...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter