VGF2 Big Pine Key Bldg Resort Studio - No Microwave email Campaign

My prior experiences with requesting a microwave has been at Coronado Springs (2 times) and Yacht Club (1 time), and in both cases, there were none available when we requested them.

I can't speak from recent experience. When my kids were small, requested microwaves at Contemporary and Beach Club. This was over 10 years ago. We were given microwaves both times.

But ok, if more recently, there isn't much availability, then the petition should simply be, "have enough microwaves available so that requests can be fulfilled."

Listen -- I get some people want a microwave, and that's the only part of the kitchenette they feel they need. (personally, I'd much rather have a toaster). There already is a solution for those people -- Request a microwave.

But that's actually the point even though a couple people latched onto microwave and not the entire picture this really is about - include the same amenities that are in 99.99999% of all the rest of the timeshare. The microwave, the toaster, the refrigerator and the coffee pot and the separate sink would be nice too. In my case it happens I'm ok without a separate sink because I know DVC isn't changing a design that much but it doesn't mean I don't recognize they're going cheap on this build and think they really ought to have done it all.

DVC is shooting for industry standards these days and in a timeshare that means at least a basic kitchen.

DIS polls are fun, but in no way can we make reliable conclusions based on them.

We should also keep in mind that the DIS DVC Community is a very small portion of DVC Members. FWIW, I strongly doubt we are DVD's target market for the resort studios.

Does anybody really think they have an actual tangible large target market for these rooms that they've researched and discovered hanging out there waiting for a room with no kitchen items? DVC doesn't do target marketing beyond visitors to WDW. Their target is DVD/DVC profits. Build it fast and as cheap as possible on this one and existing VGF owners are the test subjects on this one.

And they've forgotten the Poly lesson where it did leak out that they were not happy with the sales and said they'd never build an all studio resort again. But likely someone pointed out that here it isn't the same and they'll be able to offer up the booking ability of the existing deluxe studio, 1BR's, 2BR's and GV's. And that swings us back to all these points putting booking pressure on the existing villas. These new resort rooms have to be very appealing to most including quite a few existing owners to essentially open up some of the existing villas demand for the new owners that will be sold on the ability to book the entire resort range of villas. With the new murphy bed/sofa combo the 2 beds isn't really the issue it used to be. What many are saying is that margin will be better with the full complement of normal amenities. We don't really want to be part of an experiment of seeing if DVC works if they sell only hotel rooms. Try that out in a brand new resort where every owner will be aware of it from the start.

But that's actually the point even though a couple people latched onto microwave and not the entire picture this really is about - include the same amenities that are in 99.99999% of all the rest of the timeshare. The microwave, the toaster, the refrigerator and the coffee pot and the separate sink would be nice too. In my case it happens I'm ok without a separate sink because I know DVC isn't changing a design that much but it doesn't mean I don't recognize they're going cheap on this build and think they really ought to have done it all.

DVC is shooting for industry standards these days and in a timeshare that means at least a basic kitchen.

No, the point is the exact opposite. I’d also like a blender, which is only available upon request.
But the point is — different categories and resorts have different amenities. That’s not new. That’s the way DVC has always worked.
Tower studios at RIV were the first category that didn’t have a regular bed.
Resort studios at GF will be the first at WDW without a kitchenette. Hotel rooms at Aulani already lack the kitchenette.

The great thing about DVC is the variety and the choices. It’s simply not true that 99.99999% of rooms have the same amenities. A Poly Bungalow has completely different amenities than a RIV tower studios.

The fact that Deluxe studios and Resort studios are both studios is also entirely irrelevant. A Poly bungalow and a CCV cabin are both 2 BR units, but they have different amenities than many other 2 BR units.

So now Resort studios have different amenities than a Deluxe studio. Just like a Tower studio has different amenities than a Deluxe studio. Just like a CCV Cabin 2BR has different amenities than a CCV 2BR villa.

Some people will love the new Resort studios and will want them over the Deluxe studios. Some people will hate the new resort studios and only want the Deluxe studios.

Does anybody really think they have an actual tangible large target market for these rooms that they've researched and discovered hanging out there waiting for a room with no kitchen items? DVC doesn't do target marketing beyond visitors to WDW. Their target is DVD/DVC profits. Build it fast and as cheap as possible on this one and existing VGF owners are the test subjects on this one.

And they've forgotten the Poly lesson where it did leak out that they were not happy with the sales and said they'd never build an all studio resort again. But likely someone pointed out that here it isn't the same and they'll be able to offer up the booking ability of the existing deluxe studio, 1BR's, 2BR's and GV's. And that swings us back to all these points putting booking pressure on the existing villas. These new resort rooms have to be very appealing to most including quite a few existing owners to essentially open up some of the existing villas demand for the new owners that will be sold on the ability to book the entire resort range of villas. With the new murphy bed/sofa combo the 2 beds isn't really the issue it used to be. What many are saying is that margin will be better with the full complement of normal amenities. We don't really want to be part of an experiment of seeing if DVC works if they sell only hotel rooms. Try that out in a brand new resort where every owner will be aware of it from the start.
Well said. I'm not sure how many more ways we can explain that current owners that bought in under one set of circumstances are nervous to see those circumstances unexpectedly change.

No, the point is the exact opposite. I’d also like a blender, which is only available upon request.

Oh - pk. But is it?

A blender has always been a request in every DVC room. We all knew that buying in.

And Tower studios were there from the start and every buyer knew about them. Ghey are also a minimal quantity and part of the point pool.

The Aulani hotel rooms were there from the start and actually are statistically insignificant part of the points total too.

The proposed Resort rooms were not there from the start and will be a statistically significant part of the point pool.

One concern for an existing owner is if the Resort rooms are appealing to enough to be appealing to a wide base of both current and new owners. An easy thing is to at least make most amenities the same like VB studios and Inn Rooms.

Food for thought One thing is that the addition of a resort studio with no microwave will require an update to the language in the POS as it defines that a studio having one.

These are a new additions and they have the ability to make changes to the POS without owner votes as long as it’s not a material change.

Food for thought One thing is that the addition of a resort studio with no microwave will require an update to the language in the POS as it defines that a studio having one.

These are a new additions and they have the ability to make changes to the POS without owner votes as long as it’s not a material change.

OR - add the microwave and save some ink. ;)

Oh - pk. But is it?

A blender has always been a request in every DVC room. We all knew that buying in.

And Tower studios were there from the start and every buyer knew about them. Ghey are also a minimal quantity and part of the point pool.

The Aulani hotel rooms were there from the start and actually are statistically insignificant part of the points total too.

The proposed Resort rooms were not there from the start and will be a statistically significant part of the point pool.

One concern for an existing owner is if the Resort rooms are appealing to enough to be appealing to a wide base of both current and new owners. An easy thing is to at least make most amenities the same like VB studios and Inn Rooms.

That's a very different argument, and a bit more valid. Yes, IF the change impairs the existing owners, that's a problem.
The question is whether this new category will hurt the existing GF owners, actually benefit them, or neither.
Honestly, if I was a studio-user, I'd see the new rooms as a benefit. Greatly expanded studio options, in a superior location (IMO, given much closer to the main resort and main amenities). The new studios being larger, and some even offering a real theme park view. So if I was a studio-person, I honestly don't care about the kitchenette, so I'd see this as a benefit.

If I was a GF 1-2-3 BR user, I'd be scared about the effect of adding tons of new owners, without adding any new 1-2-3 BRs.

Adding a microwave to the resort studios isn't going to do much to change any of this. Most people who want a kitchenette want more than just a microwave. Sink, toaster, real dishware, freezer, real mini fridge.
So to the extent that the new rooms will affect supply/demand of units, I don't see how a microwave will have any significant impact alone.

So petitioning for microwaves is kinda pointless. What would be credible -- If the VGF condo association raised its voice in unison, objecting to the new addition, threatening legal action, etc.
So petition the entire condo association, get the majority of owners.
But I suspect the majority of owners really aren't that concerned about 7-month availability of some room categories changing a bit.

I’m actually a bit surprised that those who want studios and dislike the lack of kitchenette or microwave are not of the mind to sell

2,000,000 points will without doubt put downward pressure on deluxe studios and if the resort rooms are hated so much why continue to own? Why not cash out ASAP before prices go down and direct sales open and buy a new home in a resort that better meets individual needs?

I’ve not seen a massive influx of new gfv resale contracts which leads me to believe the changes are not enough to push people to sell their contracts
We are going to wait and see, but we are thinking about selling, depending on how the next two years play out. I have a lake view studio booked in April, and just left VGF on Thursday after a lovely VGF stay in lake view studio.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter