Via Napoli was different

We saw a lady ask for a refill at Columbia Harbor House and they gave it to her . We asked too and were given one no questions asked . I had no idea .

we went two weeks ago and everything was great. 🤷‍♀️ I got a white pizza though, so no pepperoni to compare this trip. but we got great service, including parm and red pepper in the shape of amickey head.

I did notice it was HARD to get that reservation and the restaurant was nowhere near full. tons of empty tables, so I figured they were having staffing issues.

we went two weeks ago and everything was great. 🤷‍♀️ I got a white pizza though, so no pepperoni to compare this trip. but we got great service, including parm and red pepper in the shape of amickey head.

I did notice it was HARD to get that reservation and the restaurant was nowhere near full. tons of empty tables, so I figured they were having staffing issues.
So happy to hear you had a great experience! Hopeful for our April trip.

So happy to hear you had a great experience! Hopeful for our April trip.
I hope it's great! I'm wondering if staffing issues and demand may have Disney scrambling to fit more people in as the parks become more crowded or something. it really stuck out to me how quiet and empty it was compared to how difficult the reservation was to get.

I hope it's great! I'm wondering if staffing issues and demand may have Disney scrambling to fit more people in as the parks become more crowded or something. it really stuck out to me how quiet and empty it was compared to how difficult the reservation was to get.
Hard to analyze as Via Napoli is not a Disney restaurant.

Thank you. I did not know that.
There are a couple! At EP the MX restaurants are run by the same outside company that runs them at CSR (idk if they run the whole pavilion). Link

The Morocco pavilion used to be run entirely by an outside company, they entered financial difficulty (supposedly before Covid), went bankrupt during Covid, and then Disney took over the entire pavilion as part of the bankruptcy.

Last edited:
irst, the cupped pepperoni's that we had always loved had been changed to a little larger and flat pepperoni.
Crisp and Cup pepperoni is my go to when I make pizza, but it can be very hard to get and it does cost more.

Hormel started making it in the last year or two so I thought maybe it would become easier to get...but no such luck.

I suspect for Disney its a cost issue and the return of the DDP. With DDP they have to work within the boundaries of what Disney gives them for a dining credit. IMO that is why Disney food is not as good as it was before the DDP really took off. I recall talking to the manager of the Mexican Restaurant in Epcot over a drink and he said he was getting 15 from Disney per credit - that was a while back, but still not easy to turn a profit on that without making cuts and charging more so that those who pay out of pocket subsides the DDP.

This is why I am 100% against the DDP, but that is a different kettle of fish I guess.

I really hope this was a one-off and not the norm.

We loved our pizza in December and plan to go again in April. We definitely had cupped pepperoni...
View attachment 832969
I looked back at my pics from December and we definitely had cupped pepperoni too. Our only issue was that it was undercooked. We are planning on going again in April too and we're going to ask to have it cooked a little more. Hope we don't end up with burnt pizza.

I looked back at my pics from December and we definitely had cupped pepperoni too. Our only issue was that it was undercooked. We are planning on going again in April too and we're going to ask to have it cooked a little more. Hope we don't end up with burnt pizza.
What was under cooked the pepperoni or the pizza? Pepperoni is always precooked before it is added to a pizza

Love Via Napoli, but recently went and it was off. First, the cupped pepperoni's that we had always loved had been changed to a little larger and flat pepperoni. In our families opinion they were not as flavorful.There was also very little sauce. It was still good but not to the standard we expected. Don't know if this was a temporary supply issue substitute and/or wondering if someone else noticed or had some input. Thanks
Same! Missed those cupped pepperoni's. Craftsman Grill until then. Nachos for the win :D

We had gone many times and had great meals my wife had a salt intolerance and they always made her a nice bowl of pasta with garlic, oil and tomatoes. Very nice And accommodating. We always know it’s hit or miss asking for a special meal and if they can’t do it we understand. They had always gone above and beyond and made her delicious pasta. We went recently and she asked for that and they said they have no garlic in the restaurant and that real Italian doesn’t use garlic? Ok they bought her a bowl of pasta drowning in oil and maybe 4 pieces of tomato. Figured they had a bad day as anyone can. Went back again. Again they said they don’t use garlic in the restaurant. Bought my wife a childs bowl of pasta dry with olive oil on the side. Charged like $30 for it. I had the pizza with artichoke and it was very bland. We are done with them for a while.

Never really enjoyed Via Napoli. The pizza was not great and its sister location at Disneyland was just as underwhelming.'

Also no garlic in a restaurant named after Napoli? Garlic is a very common ingredient in Italian cookery, especially Southern cookery.

Never really enjoyed Via Napoli. The pizza was not great and its sister location at Disneyland was just as underwhelming.'

Also no garlic in a restaurant named after Napoli? Garlic is a very common ingredient in Italian cookery, especially Southern cookery.
I know I have family from Napoli and we always use garlic. When they told me this I honestly thought they were kidding!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter