2disneywego

Disney makes me Happy!!!!!!
Had to cancel due to needing a new roof therefore no Disney trips, meals, etc.

Last edited:
First, I want to say how sorry I am about you losing your loved one. And that I wish you good luck to finding a dining partner. However, if you don't find one, do consider going anyway! I've been to V&A's 5 or 6 times as a solo diner and I've seen others who were solo there as well, including women. It's not as unusual as you would think!

I understand, of course, that your situation is quite different than mine, I'm a single guy and I always go on solo vacations and to eateries by myself, so for me, there isn't that different feeling of trying to get used to being alone at a restaurant after many years of being with someone.

Still, I did have to get over my anxiety of eating alone after always eating with friends and family on previous trips and I was nervous about. Not the best comparison, again, but I still did have to overcome some fear of eating alone, is all I'm saying.

But I wanted to enjoy Disney and it's restaurants bad enough, I said that nothing was going to stop me.

But again, good luck to you and happy dining!

Thanks for the encouragement. I've been doing pretty well in going out to eat by myself. I used to travel quite a bit for work, so often found myself alone in a restaurant. Never stopped me from exploring and trying new things.

It's that V&A is not your average restaurant. I'd really like to go with someone else to share the experience. It's not just the food. (As you know...) I've always felt that so many of life's experiences are enjoyed more with another.
To discuss the food, the gorgeous restaurant, the "interesting" acoustics, the decor, people watching in general. I believe I have a wide interest group, am an actively curious person, and am always looking to learn something new, big or small. Our education should never stop once we're handed that piece of paper regardless of the letters on it.

Wow, I just re-read that and I come across as a total stuck-up jerk! Please all, believe me when I say nothing could be farther from the truth. This morning I was prying up one of my toilets as the wax seal was defective. If that doesn't keep me a little humble, please don't elaborate. :rotfl::rotfl:

V&A is the one restaurant I really want to share the entire experience with.

Thanks again RealBlast, and it's a shame you won't be in the area during that time frame.

Onwards, a rallying cry to all who dare to dream of V&A!!
:jumping1:

I would have definitely gone with you if I was going in October! :flower:I'm actually going to Disney next week for a 10 day. Though this time I am skipping V and A but only because of the cost, though I am enjoying many signatures with the deluxe dining plan this trip.

And yes, I agree with you that V and A is quite the experience and to share it with someone is very special. Not everyone appreciates long dining experiences such as this and some others, but I definitely do! I always enjoy the whole entire experience, with cocktails or wine, apps, the bread service, the entree, and of course dessert and I love to linger. Even a bit at breakfast! :flower1: The dining is one of my favorite parts at Disney. And I love going out to eat at home, too. People know me and are prepared for my 2 hour meals before hand, though some groan about it more than others!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter