Victoria and Alberts Dress Code

Your plans for dress are fine. Go. Enjoy! Congrats on your 46th anniversary!
Thank you!
Someone posted above that when they went, a total of only three men in the dining room were wearing a jacket. I would say keep your plans.
Yes, I suppose that I am worrying about it unnecessarily.
This is what we wore. I had the wrap because I did get chilly by the end. I was the one who posted about the lack of jackets. It was also the end of August, which could have played a part. I’m sure the other half is now that they aren’t required, people don’t want to pack them. Ladies‘ footwear is also more relaxed, so dress sandals are okay.

I agree, keep your plans.
Thank you for sharing your lovely photo. It is really helps to see an example of the dress level. I have always thought of V & A's as very formal. Although I love a formal evening, I am happy to see a more semi formal dress code as it will make keeping our reservation possible.

My high school psychology teacher refused to wear pants and he showed us his wedding photos where he got married on a boat in a tux…. With tux shorts. They exist.

Also I think I remember seeing jeans in VA my last time there? I always go in a suit, no tie. Had VA still required a jacket, it’s the kind of establishment that would provide you one if you forgot. (Perhaps a victim of tighter budget controls).

Thank you!

Yes, I suppose that I am worrying about it unnecessarily.

Thank you for sharing your lovely photo. It is really helps to see an example of the dress level. I have always thought of V & A's as very formal. Although I love a formal evening, I am happy to see a more semi formal dress code as it will make keeping our reservation possible.
Adding to everyone’s great advice (definitely go) you can always call them and they are perhaps the best guest service in all of Disney world. Ask them all the questions you might have about anything relating to VA. Very gracious, kind, and accommodating.

For better or for worse, what is considered "formal" is changing. Fashion is always evolving. Right now, comfort is super important to people. The relaxation of dress codes is happening everywhere - offices, restaurants, etc. I am not surprised they have changed at V&A's. I'd probably still wear a suit, because I know that I look mighty sharp in one! 🙂 Still, the ocassions for needing to wear one are dwindling. It may swing back the other way eventually, but right now this is the mode we are in.
It saddens me that they have relaxed their standards. Wear a coat and a tie , it won’t kill you!

It saddens me that they have relaxed their standards. Wear a coat and a tie , it won’t kill you!

Thank you for your honest opinion.

I understand how you feel. Part of me agrees with you. In addition, I really prefer not to offend or be a party to reducing the enjoyment of others by our appearance. However, the logistics of bringing formal wear on our trip for one meal is prohibitive. Plus, many here have graciously responded that less formal wear is now fully acceptable. So, I believe that we will dress as nicely as possible and keep our reservation.

Thanks again to everyone for your kind responses to both the OP and my queries on dress codes. It was really helpful!

Rather than start a thread, just posting that we are here tonight and very few in jackets, several ties, cocktail dresses, but nothing formal. We are some of the better dressed lol

I have a cocktail dress, no hose, with Sketchers heels. DH in nice dress shirt and tie.

Rather than start a thread, just posting that we are here tonight and very few in jackets, several ties, cocktail dresses, but nothing formal. We are some of the better dressed lol

I have a cocktail dress, no hose, with Sketchers heels. DH in nice dress shirt and tie.
Thanks for the info. It looks like my days of schlepping a jacket to WDW and back for one dinner at V&A are officially over. 🙂

Thanks for the info. It looks like my days of schlepping a jacket to WDW and back for one dinner at V&A are officially over. 🙂
I was very surprised. DH had "outgrown" his jacket recently or would have worn one, but I'm sure glad we went anyway. It just looked like any other nice restaurant - definitely not like a $1500 meal!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter