• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Victoria's and Albert's Honeymoon tips!

Miss Frankie J

Mouseketeer
Hello everyone,

I was hoping on getting some great advice, tips and just general information on booking a reservation at Victoria's and Albert's during our Honeymoon.

My Fiance and I have been to WDW many times and dined at numerous WDW locations but have always dreamed of eating here. I know tables are hard to get and there are different rooms you can reserve so I guess I will list some questions that I hope some of you can answer.

1. For our first and only time dining which area do you recommend for a intimate private feeling romantic dinner?

2. What Time slot would you recommend to reserve?

3. Should I call or use the website as with other ADR's?

4. How long is the dinner itself?

5. If you have eaten there what did you love/hate the most?

Any other feedback or tips are welcome!
Thanks in advance for the help!

If you have not read any reviews, do. The courses are small. Which is perfect. Enough to enjoy the amazing chef’s work and then the next.

plan on 3 hours For the meal. The queens room is an upcharge w the chefs table tasting menu. The chefs table is eating in the kitchen. the regular experience is more than enough, imho.

here is the link to one of my favorite reviews ever
https://www.disboards.com/threads/m...-easter-sunday-v-a-chef-table-review.1106561/

We have been there multiple times and loved everytime.
We have only been in the main room, never the Queens room or Chef table.
As noted, the portions are smaller which allows you to do the multiple course menu. The wine pairing makes it even more special.
we have never left in under 3 hours. The food and service are impeccable.
Enjoy!

We've dined in the main room a few times, and the Queen Victoria room our last time. Both are excellent, the Queen Victoria room only has 4 tables and is more intimate, but is open to the regular room by a large doorway. One con of that room is that the harpist is out in the main room and we couldn't see her or hear her well in the Queen Victoria room. The menu is similar, but more courses in the QV room. I would recommend a 7:00 dining time unless you are a night owl, that will put you waddling back to your room around 10:00 pm. There is a lot of food, and I highly recommend skipping lunch that day, come very hungry. The wine pairing is a lot of alcohol too, so pace yourself there. I learned to not finish each glass, and I feel better when I leave now. I have always used the website and have never had a problem, but book as soon as you can around the 180 day mark. Enjoy!

We were in the main room, it was my adult son and myself so intimate wasn't an issue but even had it been, the main room would have been fine. We choose that because I felt the menu in the Queen's room was just too much food. Turns out I was probably right since even the food in the main room was too much for me and that was with my son finishing most of my dishes. Even he regretted that move by the end since he couldn't eat dessert or the cheese course. We both had a wine pairing, in hindsight way too much. If we did it again, I would probably get a wine flight and share with him and he would get a regular drink or two. It was about 3 hours and worth it. They have changed the menu since we went, I believe it is now fixed but it wasn't then. I reserved on line about 2 weeks out. It was a spur of the moment on a whim type of thing where I looked to see if anything was available and when it was decided why not. We went around 7 pm. Were staying at the Dolphin so got an Uber back to the room. They will call you a few days before to make sure there isn't anything you can't eat or have any special issues.

If you have not read any reviews, do. The courses are small. Which is perfect. Enough to enjoy the amazing chef’s work and then the next.

plan on 3 hours For the meal. The queens room is an upcharge w the chefs table tasting menu. The chefs table is eating in the kitchen. the regular experience is more than enough, imho.

here is the link to one of my favorite reviews ever
https://www.disboards.com/threads/m...-easter-sunday-v-a-chef-table-review.1106561/

Amazing, thank you! I will check this review out!

We've dined in the main room a few times, and the Queen Victoria room our last time. Both are excellent, the Queen Victoria room only has 4 tables and is more intimate, but is open to the regular room by a large doorway. One con of that room is that the harpist is out in the main room and we couldn't see her or hear her well in the Queen Victoria room. The menu is similar, but more courses in the QV room. I would recommend a 7:00 dining time unless you are a night owl, that will put you waddling back to your room around 10:00 pm. There is a lot of food, and I highly recommend skipping lunch that day, come very hungry. The wine pairing is a lot of alcohol too, so pace yourself there. I learned to not finish each glass, and I feel better when I leave now. I have always used the website and have never had a problem, but book as soon as you can around the 180 day mark. Enjoy!

Oh wow that is good to know about the harpist. For our first experience I was thinking the main room so we can see if we love it and have the whole experience. as far as the wine pairing I'm not sure if we wanted to do that as me and my fiance are more cocktail lovers than wine lovers but do you think we would be missing out by not doing it?

We were in the main room, it was my adult son and myself so intimate wasn't an issue but even had it been, the main room would have been fine. We choose that because I felt the menu in the Queen's room was just too much food. Turns out I was probably right since even the food in the main room was too much for me and that was with my son finishing most of my dishes. Even he regretted that move by the end since he couldn't eat dessert or the cheese course. We both had a wine pairing, in hindsight way too much. If we did it again, I would probably get a wine flight and share with him and he would get a regular drink or two. It was about 3 hours and worth it. They have changed the menu since we went, I believe it is now fixed but it wasn't then. I reserved on line about 2 weeks out. It was a spur of the moment on a whim type of thing where I looked to see if anything was available and when it was decided why not. We went around 7 pm. Were staying at the Dolphin so got an Uber back to the room. They will call you a few days before to make sure there isn't anything you can't eat or have any special issues.

Thank you so much! I plan on booking around the 180 day mark and it seems like from what I am reading 7pm seems to be a good time to grab dinner. Fingers crossed I get it!

I believe that the menu is now the same between QVR and main room but there is a bit more personal attention in the QVR plus there may be a few bits and pieces that they add in between the courses listed on the menu which aren't served in the main room. I'm not sure about that last bit. We take at least 4 hours when we dine in QVR - DH does some upcharge items too so that adds to the time. So the QVR is where we now prefer to dine but the main room is not huge and the tables aren't too close together so whichever room you're in can still feel intimate.

We don't have any problem with finishing the wine pairing, but you definitely will feel it by the end! A lot depends on your own tolerance for alcohol. You may find it too much. Food-wise we're usually struggling by the time we get to the last dessert. The last two times we've been we've had a choice between the cheese course and a sorbet or ice cream. Although I love the cheese course, we've done the ice cream simply because it's less filling and there's still dessert to go after that. Try not to fill up too much on the amazing bread. They are delicious but there's so much more food to go - they may offer more but don't take it. You'll never make it to the end. As for what time to reserve - I start with when I want to be in bed and work backwards 4-5 hours. I think 5:30 is their earliest time. I just use the ADR booking system to book a time.

I love everything there. I've even eaten things with ingredients I'm not fond of but the whole dish was delicious so I will always put my self into the hands of the chef as long as I'm not allergic to something (I can't eat any seafood and a few other things). They will contact you a few days ahead of time - they used to call but last time they just e-mailed me with what was on our file for allergies and asked me to confirm/add and note any other preferences. They will then formulate a menu for me that avoids all of my allergies but which still stays as true to the course progression planned as they can.

Reactions: Nox

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter