Video Chat

2 Hours and counting...
I haven't seen reports of ANYONE getting through yet, let alone quickly. Where have you seen that?

I admin a group on Facebook for people doing Disney with disabilities, and we’ve seen both situations among members: those who can’t get through and those who get in at the first try. It’s maddening, but consistent with Disney IT

I got through at about 7:30am Central, after having many issues even getting the "Request Live Chat" button to activate. The chat and video call took about 40 minutes! The cast member was super nice, however, she was learning the process also, and some of the screens on her end weren't loading properly. She had to mute me at one point and received assistance from a colleague. My trip is next week, 10/20--10/24. I now have two advanced DAS reservations for the four days of my park reservations (10/21--10/24). Pleased overall.
Did you get 2 per day or 2 for your entire trip?

I got through at about 7:30am Central, after having many issues even getting the "Request Live Chat" button to activate. The chat and video call took about 40 minutes! The cast member was super nice, however, she was learning the process also, and some of the screens on her end weren't loading properly. She had to mute me at one point and received assistance from a colleague. My trip is next week, 10/20--10/24. I now have two advanced DAS reservations for each of the four days of my park reservations (10/21--10/24). Pleased overall.

Confused. I thought they said we were going online to schedule the video chat .... are you saying you are going online to do the video chat immediately?

My son is not here during the day so that means I can't even try until he is home. Then I have to keep him close by and going no where for potentially hours?

This sounds highly stressful for some folks who need it due to things that create stress.

Confused. I thought they said we were going online to schedule the video chat .... are you saying you are going online to do the video chat immediately?

My son is not here during the day so that means I can't even try until he is home. Then I have to keep him close by and going no where for potentially hours?

This sounds highly stressful for some folks who need it due to things that create stress.
The online video chat started immediately after I answered a couple questions on why I needed the DAS, and completed an online form with my reservation number. I agree that it would be stressful and add anxiety for people in certain situations.

Now over 3 hours waiting... wish they would give you some indication of how long the estimated wait time is.

Also seems like a waste of time for them to book your 2 DAS rides per day on the video chat, I hope they eventually make it so you can book them on MDE, that would also shorten these phone calls significantly.

Two per day, so 8 total. I was surprised by that. I thought it was going to be two for the first day only. Definitely worth it to pre-register (if you can get through . . .).
That’s nice, actually! And interesting too… so you can only book from the Genie + menu, and you can’t select more until you’ve used those, so you can’t get a return time for one of the Individual Lightning Attractions until then, either. So while you *can* ask for a return time for Space Mountain, you have to wait until you’ve been on Peter Pan and Winnie Pooh, and I’m suspecting they do this to gently discourage you and hoping you opt to purchase your return time instead

Two per day, so 8 total. I was surprised by that. I thought it was going to be two for the first day only. Definitely worth it to pre-register (if you can get through . . .).
So how does this work, you get to the park and just go to those two ride or are they they times

tried last night and could not get through - been on hold for an hour and a half. never got any questions yet. Also at one point said no internet service and then i logged back in - i wonder if i lost my space and now starting all over again.? My son gave up waiting by me. How many days has it been since started?

Do these advanced DAS spots have times asscociated to them? Or are they just open ended for that day? I am not back to WDW until April, but going to DL in December. thanks.

Do these advanced DAS spots have times asscociated to them? Or are they just open ended for that day? I am not back to WDW until April, but going to DL in December. thanks.

Yes, in another thread where someone actually got through ( This post - https://www.disboards.com/threads/s...-post-1-edited-10-11-21.3849395/post-63447590 ) they were able to select from 3 times - it seems like the options were 10am, 12pm and 5pm - those were the options presented to this particular person, not sure if that will be what is offered to everyone.

Did anyone who is renewing a DAS get asked those questions/fill out a form ? Just curious because I’m trying to renew and didn’t get any questions…just waiting for a cast member to become available like others have reported…

I was able to pick times. Since we are rope droppers, I selected times at 10am and 11am. I have Peter Pan, Pirates, Toy Story, RnR, Dinosaur, Safari, BTMR, and Jungle Cruise. I will probably try for a couple of ILL$ attractions with afternoon times after 2pm since we have park hoppers.

Did anyone who is renewing a DAS get asked those questions/fill out a form ? Just curious because I’m trying to renew and didn’t get any questions…just waiting for a cast member to become available like others have reported…
Would love to know too or am I in the waiting black hole

4 hours in and just got this message in the chat for the first time ... "Thank you for contacting us to pre-register for the Disability Access Service. It is our pleasure to assist. Due to the popularity of the new video chat registration we are experiencing especially high wait times. If you are arriving soon and would like to pre-register, please continue to wait and stay close to your browser until connected with a Cast Member. If you are not arriving soon, we encourage you to try again closer to your arrival date as we value your time."

When I opened the chat it showed me the previous message that I needed to try again today at 7am, even though it was past 7am - I needed to type "start" again to get into the queue, just an FYI incase this happens to anyone else. The weird thing is it didn't ask me the 3 questions about my dates, dates I'm in the park and names - it just said "Thank you for contacting us via Messaging! A Cast Member will be with you as soon as they become available." ... So hopefully I'm in the queue? This system doesn't really give you a good indication of what is going on.
Same for me now. Had not tried until today.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter