WebmasterJackie

Senior Editor for The DIS & DCL Fan
Staff member
Administrator
Boma - Flavors of Africa has been a favorite of The DIS for a long time. The buffet has always been a solid choice for breakfast and dinner, but we might be re-thinking that just a bit, because of some questionable meats and lackluster sides.

I appreciate you sharing the review Jackie. I'm unsure if the faltering flavors are related to buying cheaper meats or the perpetration... or both. The amount of fat on that strip loin is unacceptable, even a basic home cook knows you have to trim some of the fat off so the seasoning can permeate the meat itself. I'm sure the fat had amazing flavor though.

Pete hit on a big change regarding Covid protocols, you are responsible for YOU now. As the Mandalorian would say, "This is the Way." At least Pete recognized that he was handling the unsanitized tongs/utensils and assume he took steps to address that himself. Hopefully, they had hand sanitizer at the beginning and end of the line, though having gloves would have been nice. Lets face it for Disney to make any $ on the buffet they can't have staff serving all the items.

Bottom line there is no excuse for a meal like this to prepared and cooked so poorly. But let's face it, Disney doesn't care. Just ask Disney's CFO Christine McCarthy how she really feels about the Disney guests.

Last edited:

Boca Bust :(
$220 and a lackluster self served buffet. I agree, The meats should be tasty, sans drowning in sauces. What happened to all the African marinades and spices? I recall our experience different to this one. So disappointing.
5 desserts that are nothing special or for this costly dinner, they should be Spectacular not copies of desserts seen elsewhere like the bread pudding.
thank you for your Always Honest and Up Front reviews. I Truly appreciate the reviews!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter