Vinylmation.....Who's addicted?

I was down in December with my mom and we passed a display of Vinylmations and we both thought they were cute, but probably wouldn't buy them. Famous last words. I caved and got one, and it's been downhill from there. I have complete sets of Park 3, Villains, and Muppets and then some stragglers. My mom has complete sets of Animation and Toy Story, she also has stragglers and some special edition ones. And between us we just about have a complete Park 5.
We're going to be down in the world in May and will probably come home with several more, each.
:lmao:

I was down in December with my mom and we passed a display of Vinlymations in one of the stores, we agreed that they were cute, but probably wouldn't buy any. Famous last words. I finally caved and got one, we ended up coming home with about four each. It's snowballed from there. I have complete sets of Park 3, Villains, and Muppets. I also have some stragglers as well. My mom has complete sets of Toy Story and Animation, she also has stragglers and some special editions. And between the two of us we almost have a complete Park 5.
We'll be down in the world in May and will probably come home with a few more each.

:lmao:

No one's answered this yet....but they're $9.95 a box. (or at least they were in May 2010) One comes in a box. The larger versions are more expensive I'm sure, but I have no experience buying them.

No one's answered this yet....but they're $9.95 a box. (or at least they were in May 2010) One comes in a box. The larger versions are more expensive I'm sure, but I have no experience buying them.

They're getting more expensive too, depending on the series. For example, the Toy Story and Star Wars series are $11.95 each.

They're getting more expensive too, depending on the series. For example, the Toy Story and Star Wars series are $11.95 each.

Yes, and the Parks #5 are $12.95 each. I'm guessing Parks #6 will be the same.
Some of the new ones, though, are still $9.95 (Villains #1).

Do most of the you go for complete sets? I think I'm only going to go for certain ones from each set, since there are a few duds I've seen in some of them.

Yes, and the Parks #5 are $12.95 each. I'm guessing Parks #6 will be the same.
Some of the new ones, though, are still $9.95 (Villains #1).

Do most of the you go for complete sets? I think I'm only going to go for certain ones from each set, since there are a few duds I've seen in some of them.

Yeah some of Park 6 got leaked out early this week and they are indeed $12.95 again. Thankfully fewer in this set that I'm going for than there were in Park 5, though I managed to trade for almost all of those at the parks.

I've only gone complete set on two series so far - Park 4 and Muppets 1. Will likely go complete on Muppets 2 as well, and hoping they stay at 9.95 since I'm planning to buy a case....

I used to collect the complete series. Now there are too many being released at the same time. It is getting to hard to be a completist especially now with the variants in each series. I am still trying to complete sets as tough as it may be. I have to finish Holiday 2, Urban 6, cutesters too, villians and occupations. Waiting on my Tron Legacy's to arrive and of course need to get Park 6.:thumbsup2

There is a new website just starting up called Vinylmation Kingdom which has some good info.

I have no VMs, but I think you may have peaked my interest with the mention of Haunted Mansion!! I love and collect all things HM. When are these being released?

I have no VMs, but I think you may have peaked my interest with the mention of Haunted Mansion!! I love and collect all things HM. When are these being released?

This Fall they are set to release a whole HM series of VMs. Some sketches and pictures have already come out. I can't wait. It will be the only VM set that I'll probably buy a case, so I can get all of them.

There have also been at least 2, that I'm aware of, Haunted Mansion themed vinyls released in the parks series. I believe series 1 had one with HM wallpaper, and park series 5 had the HM clock. Of course, the park 1 series are now incredibly hard to come by and when you do find them they are $$$.

We are which has cost us quite a bit of $. But it is fun to trade and see what new Vinyls we can find.

I will admit that I love these little guys but did the Mouse really have to present me with something ELSE I MUST have to spend my money on?????!!

I have a question for all you vinylmation fanatics, do all the designs in one series get released at same time, so in other words if we are in disney for one week is it possible to get all the designs (of course I know we have to buy a lot!)?

I have a question for all you vinylmation fanatics, do all the designs in one series get released at same time, so in other words if we are in disney for one week is it possible to get all the designs (of course I know we have to buy a lot!)?

Yes. We got 10 of 12 Star Wars #1 in September, including the chaser. Had to get Darth Vader & Chewbacca on eBay, but we stopped buying after the third Luke.

Ok, thanks... We bought 4 and we got two of one design and two of another. So I guess we had bad luck

I'm addicted definitely. I remember seeing them a long time ago and didn't have any desire to buy any. But somehow I started doing pin collecting a little while ago, and then was interested in doing vinylmation trading. Now I just love them too. I love the Muppets series, DH really wants a series 2 Darth Vader which we can't seem to get, we bought one and got Luke :(.
We both love anything Haunted Mansion, I bought a cupcake HM one recently. We also both love our Mr. Toad vinylmation we got earlier this year!

We actually got our friends hooked on them, I gave her a vinylmation as a birthday gift. And by the next afternoon they went down to D-Street and bought a bag full of stuff. We also found the Mr. Toad when we had gone back to D-Street that day together. So glad we did! It's probably our favorite one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter