VIP deep clean

helenm29

FIGMENTED
Hi everyone! I heard some one mention a "VIP deep clean" that they had done in their room for their trip and was wondering if anyone else had heard of it? my husband and I both have terrible allergies and think this would be a great option if it was available and not too expensive! Thank you all!

I asked for it on my last trip, and when I looked about the room, I didn't notice anything really wrong. Everything seemed pretty darn clean. The floor was a hair damp, but I don't know if that's from a carpet shampoo, or from being in a first floor room.

I wasn't charged anything for it, but again, I have no verification that it was actually ever done. I think it was?

It's been a few years, but we've requested it before as DD has asthma so bad it's put her in ICU. Our experience is that the rooms were not being VIP cleaned. So we stopped asking and just bring our own cleaners and request daily vacuuming. Also, it's a terrible inconvenience on the resort should we request to be moved.

To be honest, it's something you can request but I believe is based on availability of housekeepers. If they have a lot of people checking out or are short staff for whatever reason, it is possible that it will not be done. Since you are not paying for it, it can be seen as a request. They will do their best, but sometimes it is just not possible.

We requested this when my twins were little. They had gotten over RSV and had bad allergies to so many things. I called and asked what could be done. They offered the VIP cleaning, no charge. When we checked in, the CM confirmed that the room had received the VIP treatment and it might take a couple hours for the carpet to dry.
Once we got to the room, it was spotless. No dust to be found and no aroma of chemicals or anything. The carpet in areas was slightly damp.

You can request it and it is free of charge, but reports seem split on whether or not the rooms are really receiving a special cleaning. I have hesitated to ever ask for it only because we have room requests and prefer certain locations, lower floor, etc. and if I get the VIP cleaning we are stuck with that room. I do bring supplies and do a little extra cleaning when I arrive though.

I recommend that you request specifically what you expect of a VIP cleaning. I've heard there are different "levels" of VIP cleaning, and they may not do what you want/expect if it isn't clear. If you need carpets shampoo'd, heat/ac vents vacuumed, non-scented cleaners, etc. And as mentioned, if you request a VIP cleaning make sure that you will be satisfied with the assigned room as they may refuse to move you.

Enjoy your vacation!

I recommend that you request specifically what you expect of a VIP cleaning. I've heard there are different "levels" of VIP cleaning, and they may not do what you want/expect if it isn't clear. If you need carpets shampoo'd, heat/ac vents vacuumed, non-scented cleaners, etc. And as mentioned, if you request a VIP cleaning make sure that you will be satisfied with the assigned room as they may refuse to move you.

Enjoy your vacation!

^ This... specificity is the key to getting what you want (at Disney and elsewhere in life)

If not specifically banned by TSA rules, cleaning products can be packed in checked luggage. Please open any containers, put plastic wrap over the mouth of the bottle, secure the lid, and double-bag in sellable plastic - all to prevent spills on your own items and other passengers' luggage.

Or order online and have them shipped to your resort.

@helenm29, consider staying at the Yacht Club or Pop Century and try to book a renovated room for medical reasons. Laminate, not carpeted, floors.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter