VIP tour VS club level at GCH

This isn't even a question IMHO. VIP tour. Also, the upgrade to club level for so few nights cannot possibly come close to the cost of a VIP tour. While the club level access/views are great, I would hazard to guess that you would have to camp out in the lounge during every open hour for it to even come close to being of value.

How much is the CM hourly wage for tour guides?! $200 for 7 hours plus hourly. I think I missed my calling...

Sounds like you know the parks well then? I would give serious thought to the tour, especially with the lack of great nighttime shows where you used to get VIP seating. I might be the odd man out, but I didn’t think the tour was all that great. I mean of course there were perks but my guide was…meh…and I remember being turned away from some of the lines because they were still too long. And other Fantasyland rides weren’t available for front of the line. So for me, it wasn’t totally worth the $3500 + tip price tag. I love club level at GCH. I think the cost differential isn’t exactly worth it either (unless you drink alcohol which I do not), but I still love the ability to have a place to go besides the room. I am normally with my kids and we always take a nice long break from the parks so we utilized the lounge.

I wanna say... I would spend the money on something completely different :P But if those two are my options, I go for VIP tour.

My reasons
- I do not like spending money on hotel rooms. I sometimes do, but as most I do in the room is sleep, I prefer to spend money on experiences.
- Why I would not do the VIP tour, it sounds like you have been to the parks often. I would never do a VIP tour in my 'home park' because I know it too well. Unless it is a special occasion with people who have never been.

Sounds like you know the parks well then? I would give serious thought to the tour, especially with the lack of great nighttime shows where you used to get VIP seating.

Fwiiw, they are doing the seating atm for the fireworks. We are taking advantage of that perk less than a week from now. They were also able to snag us a Napa Rose dinner reservation for that night when we could not get one on our own.

You tip your VIP Tour Plaid $800? I can tell you we don't come anywhere near that. There are three of us. We tip them, but definitely not 20%. The number of people in the tour is a factor for the amount of the tip as far as I'm concerned. If there are 10 people, then likely a tip could be more. It would have to be a stellar Plaid who goes above and beyond. In fact, some guides have been very lacklustre to say the least, compared to others. A tip should never be "expected" at any rate.
We just took a tour at WDW this past Sunday. We tipped $700 for the 8 of us. It was about 18%. The way I see it, it is a service just like any other. They don't make a high hourly rate and have to put up with a lot of BS in most instances (we saw several snarky tour groups during our time). It is worth it to me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter