VIP Tour

1) Waits were minimal for us last month; maybe 5-10 minutes for most attractions.
2) The parks were crowded! We had to navigate crowds to get to the attractions, but we walked fast!
3) Our agenda was to ride as much as possible, so I can't really comment on this one. :)
Thanks for the replies!

I have a VIP Tour reserved at the end of August, it's the first time we've ever done this. We are going to start out in Hollywood Studios because we want to get on ROR. Does anyone have a sample itinerary that they followed that they can share? Should I try to go to more than one park? I don't know where to start

TIA
Nicole
I called recently asking if there were VIP tours and DIsney told me no! I am gong ot call back! To me, its TOTALLY worth it to get on RoR. When we were that last week we didn’t get on in am or pm slots.

I called recently asking if there were VIP tours and DIsney told me no! I am gong ot call back! To me, its TOTALLY worth it to get on RoR. When we were that last week we didn’t get on in am or pm slots.
They have been booking up very fast and very early. Perhaps they weren't available for your trip. But, it would be far from the first time a phone CM was wrong.

No advice because we haven't done our tour yet, but we're also planning for a more relaxed experience with young kids.

They do not use the normal entrrances to the parks. Each park has different "VIP" entrances that the guides are allowed to park at:

1) Hollywood Studios: Just 1, near Lightning Mcqueen racining academy (which is the absolute farthest away from Star Wars Land you can get)
2) Animal Kingdom: 2, one in Pandora, one near Dinosaur. This is by far the best locations for VIP entrances.
3) Epcot: 2, one near Test Track, one near Soarin'. Note that the one near Test Track, I believe you can also exit into the Mexico Pavillion instead, since they are so close backstage.
4) Magic Kingdom: 1, near Buzz Lightyear.

Couple others:

Animal Kingdom - near Kilimanjaro Safaris

Magic Kingdom - other side of that lot can get you to bypass (between restrooms and the plaza)

They have been booking up very fast and very early. Perhaps they weren't available for your trip. But, it would be far from the first time a phone CM was wrong.

I would call as soon as the line opens on your 60 day mark for anyone who wants to book a tour. The first day we tried to book the person who called did not call right at nine and ended up being on the waitlist for that day. Don't remember the exact time they called but it was before noon. We called again the next day right at nine did manage to book a tour.

Are they still having reserved spots for the fireworks?
I ran into a Guide (at Smugglers Run) today and asked that question.

Yes, but your Tour time must include the fireworks.

So, if you start at 10am and have a 7-hour tour that ends at 5pm, No.

But if your Tour starts at 2pm and concludes at 9pm, you'd be able to get reserved spot for fireworks.

Last edited:
For those eating at a TS restaurant on your VIP day, did you have an ADR or does the VIP guide arrange that. I'd like to end at MK and then have dinner at CRT or BoG. Can the guide drop us there at the end of our tour or do I need to get an ADR to make that happen?

Is the only benefit just front of the line access? Sounds like fun a bit pricey but for those who do it please enjoy and tell us all about it!

I ran into a Guide (at Smugglers Run) today and asked that question.

Yes, but your Tour time must include the fireworks.

So, if you start at 10am and have a 7-hour tour that ends at 5pm, No.

But if your Tour starts at 2pm and concludes at 9pm, you'd be able to get reserved spot for fireworks.

Similar to this, I asked the VIP booking agent the same question and they said that your tour had to end within 15 minutes prior to the start of fireworks in order to have access to VIP seating.

Is the only benefit just front of the line access? Sounds like fun a bit pricey but for those who do it please enjoy and tell us all about it!

That’s part of it, but you also get private transport to backstage entrances and unlimited park hopping so one can do all the big rides, in all the parks, in one day (if that’s your goal). VIP services can also help make hard to get dining reservations and the guides help with other things like reserving tables at QS restaurants and seating at shows, as well as sharing Disney World trivia and essentially making sure you have an enjoyable, worry-free time at the park.

Is the VIP tour reservation window exactly 60 days from the date you want the tour of a window similar to dining reservations?

Is the VIP tour reservation window exactly 60 days from the date you want the tour of a window similar to dining reservations?
It is 60 days from the date of the tour. You can call 407-560-4033 and tell them your desired date and they will be happy to tell you the earliest you can call (and the rate fit that date).

Usually not much of a wait if you call in the afternoon, but to actually book call at 9am.

Also, if you are booking multiple days you can book your second day at the same time you book your first day.

It is 60 days from the date of the tour. You can call 407-560-4033 and tell them your desired date and they will be happy to tell you the earliest you can call (and the rate fit that date).

Usually not much of a wait if you call in the afternoon, but to actually book call at 9am.

Also, if you are booking multiple days you can book your second day at the same time you book your first day.

I’m actually just off the phone with VIP tours to get some general info before I book in a few weeks. They did state today that if you are staying on Disney property you can call 60 days from your day of check-in for any VIP tour dates.

I’m actually just off the phone with VIP tours to get some general info before I book in a few weeks. They did state today that if you are staying on Disney property you can call 60 days from your day of check-in for any VIP tour dates.
I did not know that. Good tip!

Are they still having reserved spots for the fireworks?
Yes, and I actually had my guide drive us home after. It was worth it to me to not have to get in large crowd for transpo after. Just got us settled in our spot about 10 min before fireworks and went out a side exit near reserved area right after straight to our hotel ( Dolphin) Here is the view from the reserved area595509

Yes, and I actually had my guide drive us home after. It was worth it to me to not have to get in large crowd for transpo after. Just got us settled in our spot about 10 min before fireworks and went out a side exit near reserved area right after straight to our hotel ( Dolphin) Here is the view from the reserved area

Thats a really good idea. I didn’t want to waste time on the tour with the tour guide staying for the fireworks but I may rethink that because it’s worth it to save all that time not waiting for transportation after the show.

For those eating at a TS restaurant on your VIP day, did you have an ADR or does the VIP guide arrange that. I'd like to end at MK and then have dinner at CRT or BoG. Can the guide drop us there at the end of our tour or do I need to get an ADR to make that happen?

They asked if we needed help getting any ADRs. They can't help with Oga's (at least a month ago they couldn't, but that's ok, because Mouse-Dining came through with multiple options the night before).

Our guide did tell us they are limited; if there are no reservations, there are no reservations. They couldn't get us into 50s or Sci-Fi, but did get us into H&V, the day of the tour.

I would get an ADR, if dining at those places are important.

Thats a really good idea. I didn’t want to waste time on the tour with the tour guide staying for the fireworks but I may rethink that because it’s worth it to save all that time not waiting for transportation after the show.
I had my unvaxed 8 year old granddaughter with me. I wouldn't have felt good about having to get to a spot early and be packed with other people waiting for fireworks, and then to be packed in going to, waiting for, and in transportation seemed ill advised. We started our tour at noon. So between the tour that day, her DAS other days, our location at Dolphin, we didn't have to be in crowded situations long or very often. I just considered it part of the cost of doing the trip in these times. It was great, though. It was a short walk to where she parked and a quick trip to hotel. I was tired, and ready to put my feet up. Plus it was our last day, so I needed to pack. Totally worth it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter