Virgin Downtown Disney check-in?

matty624

DIS Veteran
Do Virgin Atlantic customers still have the option of the early check in at Down Town Disney. If so, has any one done this and how quick etc was it. My dd is 3 and my ds is 2, so a less stressful final day sounds like a good idea!
Only 14 weeks to go...
Ian

We used it last May, it's very good. enough time before our flight for a light brunch at planet Hollywood ( the worst steak I've ever had and very poor service), and a dip at Blizzard Beach.
It's hard to see how they could keep this going post 911 though. :(

Hi Ian and Welcome!! :)

Virgin's Downtown Disney Check-In was shut after September 11th and still shut when I went in March. However, I seem to recall recent threads on here which mentioned it re-opening again soon. It was really a great system and made the final day a lot easier.

I'm sure someone else will have more up to date information for you.

Astrid

hi ian

I rung virgin yesturday to check if downtown checkin was open and it's not. and there not sure when it will re-open.
but you've got quite a few weeks yet, so you may be lucky

sam

when i last spoke to them they said they were still in talks and it has not been ruled out to return but obviously they could not give a date.

Thank you all. We'll keep our fingers crossed that it reopens in time. At least it's a direct flight from Manchester to Orlando, rather than via Gatwick, like we had to do last year with BA.
Ian.

What is involved with Downtown Disney Check in with Virgin. We travel with Virgin but not until Feb 03 - loads of time. Does it mean on the last day you can check in at Downtown Disney - what about luggage and the turn up at the airport - when? etc. This is a new one on me, can anyone help. I understand it isn't acutally up and running at the moment ref Sep 11.

We used it on our last trip - great idea. Here's how it worked....

Turn up at DTD nice and early (I think it opened around 9am) with all your luggage and everyone in your party - exactly as you would at the airport.

You check in there and then in the car park - get your boarding cards and seat assignments.

Your luggage is tagged and taken off you onto a truck and that's the last you see of it until the UK (you hope !!)

Go off and enjoy the parks/shopping etc for the rest of the day

Turn up at the airport and go directly to the departure lounge - unless you've bought so much you need to check another suitcase in;)

hth

TraceyL, thanks. Somehow I had never heard of this, but now I have all the info on it I sure hope it is available when we go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter