Virgin have reduced the price for PE

***SandieUK***

Florida Fan
Only a few weeks ago we booked our holiday with Virgin Holidays and paid the extra £495 pp for Premium Economy. Now that the new brochure is out I see that PE prices have been reduced and the price is now £390. Can anyone advise me where we stand on this? Can I complain. After all, you don't expect prices to go down!

I also booked PE a couple of months back, I also don't think its fair that they have now put the price down. I booked with Virgin Travel Store, I may give them a ring.

When we first booked PE with Virgin (last September) it was top whack, but when I phoned to make some changes to our hotels in January, they advised me that PE had reduced and gave me the new price - that is with Virgin Holidays direct, mind.

They do state in their brochure that they will never knowingly be undercut, so hopefully if you ask nicely, you'll get.

However, do check your new brochure carefully, cos I thought the £390 was one way only?? Maybe I've misread.

Sorry to be the deliverer of bad news , but in the new brochure for 2003, the price is actually £350 each way or £175 one way.

Kev Harrison.

The new price is either £390 or £350 RETURN,depending on which dates you travel on.

I've also booked PE at a much higher rate for this October,but I don't think the new prices apply until January 2003.

I did leave booking my PE until the end of this Feb (for this Oct) ,but with the new prices being so much more reasonable I'm pretty sure PE will book up much quicker too.

One thing that I can't find info on in the brochure is they're now charging a lower rate for children to travel PE,when I went last year mine had to pay the full whack:eek:

But what have you got to lose,I would definitely make a phone-call:eek:

Does anyone know how much they tend to charge for upgrading to Upper Class? I see them quote for PE in their brochures, but you normally have to phone or ask your travel agent to find out prices for UC (I guess that maybe the prices fluctuate a lot, so they don't want to publish them).

Just curious.

Boo

Are you sitting down?!

The upper class upgrade on a return trip to Orlando/Miami varies from £1500 to £2100 depending on when you fly. The latest Virgin Holidays brochure for 2003 actually gives a whole menu of prices for PE and UC upgrades.

No, that's about what I thought (I assumed about £750 or so each way per person).

This is one of the reasons why I tend to book my holidays independently: both this year and last year I have got Upper Class tickets for £1500 per person (to Miami). Okay they are Continental BusinessFirst tickets, but it is on a codeshare Virgin plane: so you get to fly Upper Class and access to the Virgin Clubhouse, you don't get limo, virgin miles or "Revivals" access (you do get Continental miles and access to the Continental arrivals lounge). So the cost of booking with Virgin holidays and paying the upgrade is more expensive than booking the hotel and flights seperately for me.

Still worth bearing in mind - must get a copy of the new brochure.

Boo

If you look on the new Frequent Virgin website (there's a link a couple of days ago about this), they have Upper Class offers . . . I think it was something jolly shocking like £2500 for 7 nights at a selection of hotels, or lots more for 14 nights.

Certainly worth a look, if only for "wish" and novelty value:p :Pinkbounc

I just booked PE for Oct 2003 at a cost of £390 outbound for 2 adults and £350 return for 2 adults. £235 for 2 children both outbound and return. This makes a total saving of £360 on PE flights compared to this Oct. We have also saved £100 on the ASMo compared to this year as well. All in all Oct 2003 is £460 cheaper than Oct 2002!

Annmarie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter