Visa gift card question

I am a teacher and got tons of gift cards from students and a group class gift. Instead of spending this money a little at a time I saved it over two years for the trip, to the tune of $500. That is a nice chunk of spending money for a vacation.

I've been purchasing Disney Gift cards and Visa Gift cards all year. I plan to use the Visa ones at Universal for souvenirs and meals. Now I'm worried that they won't work. I wonder if i can buy Universal gift cards online with the Visa ones???

To answer my own question, I just went to UO online to see if I can purchase and when I pulled out my "gift" cards, they actually say Visa DEBIT cards on them. You would think that any place would accept a debit card, right? I wonder if OP's cards said DEBIT and not GIFT??

The $5-7 activation fee negates any savings
Not really, occasionally they run 3X gas reward points in some grocery stores and allow up to 25 gallons. This adds up to $37.50 off per $500 visa card. This more than takes care of the activation fee and also counts towards minimum spend for credit card bonuses, or if your lucky a 5X reward category for that quarter. I use the visa cards to pay car insurance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter