• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Visited SSR Yesterday!

JohnathanS

Mouseketeer
Mom and I drove over to SSR yesterday to check out the new digs. It's going to be such a beautiful resort, and the parts that are done are already gorgeous!

Everything was new and sparkling. The colors and finishes are some of the best on Disney property, IMO. Of course, the pool is one of the biggest higlights with a great waterslide, a meandering creek, and hottubs that remind me of a cross between WL and AKL. The pool lounges are a nice quality fabric that are very comfortable (we had a drink at On the Rocks and sat out people watching). Also, the CMs are ready to please and excited to be there.

Congrats to all the new SSR owners...looks like you bought a winner!:tongue:

Johnathan...thanks for posting your impressions. The more I see and hear about SSR, the more I'm convinced that Disney "did it right" with this newest resort. Can't wait to check it out this summer. :)

Thank you, JohnathonS for you insight.

We are owners at BCVs and combined our points with another friend to stay at SSR in a 2 bedroom in July. I am really anxious to see this resort in person and try out the Spa!

pin

Everyone is waiting on the first post from someone staying there so you should receive plenty of posts.
Maybe they don't have a computer link there.

WOW! Can't wait to see it for myself next week!

I'm already a proud SSR owner and I haven't been there yet!

Thanks much Johnathan for the info. Just as many others are we are also sitting in front of the computer waiting for those reports to come pouring in. We recently purchased SSR and are staying thier in July. After seeing all the photos and hearing these wonderful commments we are thinking about purchaing more points. Heaven forbid when we arrive in July we may just triple our points for SSR.

I also just visited SSR. I was there on Monday and came by boat from DTD. The boat runs every 60 minutes starting at 11:30 am until 4:30 pm and then it starts every 30 minutes. It drops off at SSR first and then goes on the OKW. I did not look to see what time in returns from SSR but I would think at the :15 mark.
It was a nice ride.
Now my first concern was the walk from the boat dock to the main building. I did not see any signs telling you which way to go...I don't think I missed them...and the walk was a long one unless I missed the path I was suppose to take. The pool is nice and there are plenty of chairs. The will be an internal bus service along with busses running to all parks and DTD. The one bus stop I waited at is across the road from the pool area. The food area is combined with the merchandise shop. I was shocked when the CM behind the counter said they have nothing FRIED. Means no chicken fingers...fries...I looked at the menu and was not impressed but I like very few selections from most places so my opinion in this area means nothing. The front lobby is huge.
I will gather more of my notes later and post more..I have been home about 34 minutes and the cats are going nuts.
Lori

Originally posted by Lori-n-NY
I was shocked when the CM behind the counter said they have nothing FRIED.

Good! Maybe this means we'll have even more healthy fare to choose from! :)

Thanks for the report, Lori! :teeth:

We are going end next week, will miss the DVC party, but want to go to SSR and check it out. So it sounds like we could stop and eat there? Are there busses running from any of the parks? We are staying at BW.

Originally posted by CRSNDSNY
Good! Maybe this means we'll have even more healthy fare to choose from! :)

Thanks for the report, Lori! :teeth:

Photos are on this site of the menu. It reminded me more of an unscale Deli with wraps, salads and soups. Sounded good to me, but I am sure it won't appeal to small children who like the chicken tenders, hot dogs, pizza route.

It did have a flatbread selection, again pretty upscale looking. :)

no chicken fingers, that is just crazy!!!!!! :crazy: :crazy: pirate:

Everything sounds great, we will be there last of June and can't wait.

Pam:earsboy:

Since my kids OD on chicken fingers last trip, I am glad they won't have them. They can eat them for lunch in the park and have something healthy for dinner.

I am so EXCITED! Counting down to the day we leave. Had to book a studio at OKW for the first night cause we decided to leave a day early. Only 10 pts so not too bad and MS said it was the last one available. SSR will be totally worth getting into DVC!!! Looking forward to more reports and pics of SSR!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter