Visiting the Mouse while staying in a Treehouse

DVC Kelly

Mouseketeer
October 13th has finally arrived and that means I'm headed to Disney!!!! :cool1: It’s been just over a year since my last visit and for the past 7 months I have been counting down the days until I got to go back.

Like many others, I LOVE Disney. No matter what age you are Disney allows you to recapture your youthfulness and just enjoy life. What adds to my love of Disney, is my job.

For those that don't know me I work for my father in law, known on the boards as Daddio. My job is to be a matchmaker between DVC members who can't use their points with guests that want to stay at a DVC property for a reduced rate than what they would pay from Disney's Central Reservations. In short I spend my days talking about Disney, and simply put that is awesome.

An added perk to this already amazing job is that I get to travel to WDW on a regular basis to "research" all things Disney. Which brings me to today. I'm currently sitting in the airport waiting to board my plan and I'm as excited as the first time I went. No matter how many times I go, I can't wait to head back to WDW to be Visiting the Mouse, and this time I get to do a first by staying in a Treehouse.

Cast Of Characters:
Me
DH - Disney Husband
DFiL - Disney Father in Law (known here as Daddio, aka my Boss)
DMiL - Disney Mother in Law (my other Boss)
DSiL - Disney Sister in Law (also my Boss)
& DBiL- Disney Brother in Law

Points of interest:
This week I plan to travel around the World at the Food and Wine Festival, go Trick-or-Treating at Mickey's Not so Scary Halloween Party, attend the Villain’s Sinister Soiree inside Cinderella's Castle and have a great time hanging out with the family and friends. It’s a tall order but I'm more than willing to do it :)

How cool is that! I always thought it would be fun to stay in a WDW treehouse villa for those who have enough people for that to make sense (which I currently don't). Looking forward to reading all about it. How long will you be there?

How cool is that! I always thought it would be fun to stay in a WDW treehouse villa for those who have enough people for that to make sense (which I currently don't). Looking forward to reading all about it. How long will you be there?

We're here for 9 nights and so far I'm in LOVE with the treehouse. It feels like I'm in the middle of nowhere and watching the sun rise through the treeline this morning was wonderful.

Day 1:
DH, DMiL and DFil arrived in Orlando at 7:00pm and within minutes we had already hopped into the rental car and were heading to the World! DSiL and DBiL will be joining us later this week.

I've never arrived at night so it was a nice experience to drive into the place in the evening. In a way it continues the excitement of arriving because I won't have the full magical effect until tomorrow.
Don't mind the rear view mirror in the shot, I was in the back of the car when arriving.

Check in went fine and then it was "Presentation Time". This will be my first experience with the Magic Bands so I have to say it was kind of cool the way the Cast Member presented them to us at the front desk.

I'm in LOVE with the Treehouse.:thumbsup2 I snapped a few shots tonight but since it was getting dark and I was getting pretty hungry my plan will be to share more photos of the place tomorrow once there is daylight to show off the giant windows.

Bedroom #3

Bedroom #2

I can't wait to see what the views from each of the rooms will be like once the sun comes up.

We quickly dropped our bags and headed to DTD for dinner at the Rainforest Cafe. Throughout dinner about 12 different Volcanoes were carried passed our table. It felt like it would have been rude to not order one, so twist my arm we finished our meal and split a Volcano. YUM!!!!!!!

I LOVE having the boat dock at the Treehouse Area, it was a quick ride back to the room and a 2 minute walk to our Treehouse.

As I type this my mind is already wondering to tomorrow. Magic Kingdom, the Mine Ride, dinner in Epcot. I can't wait for the morning when I wake up in Disney.

Day 2:

Oh my goodness its Tuesday morning and I'm wide awake!!! Its way too early for the rest of the family but I can't wait to start today. :cool1:

In order to not wake up DH as quietly as possible I have slipped out of our bedroom and into the spare bedroom to shut the door. Since DSiL and DBiL aren't arriving for a few more days I'm thinking they won't mind me "borrowing" their room. As I sit here on the floor next to these 2 wall size windows the sun is rising and its official I'm in LOVE with the treehouse!

I feel like I'm in the middle of a forest; with the building being raised in the air (probably about 12 feet) the views of trees and sunshine shinning thorugh is lovely. What a great way to start the day. :thumbsup2

Later this morning we're headed to MK, then over to Epcot to meet up with friends for dinner.

Day 2 Continued:

To start the day we headed over the Wilderness Lodge to take a look at how the pool construction is going. As you can see, construction is in full swing.

I'm looking forward to seeing it once its completed by the end of this year.

Next up it was finally time to go to my favorite place, the Magic Kingdom. I enjoy all of the parks but by far the view of Main St USA with Cinderella's castle at the top is what I think of when I think of Disney. That view is what I remember from my first trip as a child and I still LOVE it every time I see it. :cheer2:

Now anyone who knows me knows I'm passionate about the corndogs in the Magic Kingdom. There is a corndog shack in Adventure Land (its officially called Westward Ho) and I crave the corndogs that they serve. DH and DMiL prefer the corndog nuggets from Casey's so we stopped in there first and then it was straight to the Corndog shack for Daddio and I.

I will be the first to admit it is a little ridiculous how happy I was to have that corndog, but it did not let me down it was delicious!

We spent the afternoon jumping from ride onto the next. Thunder Mountain was first and I'd have to say it is 1 to remember. In the past I would go on rides with my eyes closed and just stay quiet through the whole thing. However in my last trip with DSiL she encouraged me to laugh/yell when I'm on the ride rather then hold it in. Well I have embraced that suggestion and perhaps taken it to a whole new level. Daddio and DMiL were sitting in front of DH and I and when I started yelling the look of shock and confusion on Daddio's face is not something that I will ever forget.

For anyone in the World this week if you hear someone that sounds like a cross between a hyena laughing and a hyena yelling, then you are probably on a ride with me. Sorry.:blush:

Storm clouds rolled in and so did some scattered showers.

After an afternoon of rides the 4 of us then headed over to Epcot to meet up with friends for a great dinner at San Angel in Mexico. This was my first time eating there and it was a great night. The food was good but the company is what made it a wondeful night.

Tomorrow the plan will be to be up early to head to Animal Kingdom (DH's favorite park). I suspect a lot of photos of animals.

Day 3
We hit the ground running this morning. Up early and straight over to Animal Kingdom.

As I mentioned above this is DH's favorite park and its nice to see him get excited as we arrive. First up it was Daddio, DH and I on Expedition Everest. DH and I got the very front which worked our wonderfully for Daddio as when I was screaming it was in front of him at not in his direction.

We then had the opportunity I had been waiting for to catch up with the Big Boss himself Mickey! I have to say I LOVE Mickey; he always makes me smile and I can't wait until the next time our paths cross.

After that it was straight over to the safari ride and the walk through areas. Today was a great day for the animals beings out.

We even had the chance to see the new baby Gorilla.

I have to say that this trip we are seeing more characters in the parks. Its nice that Disney seems to have refocused on character meet and greets again because there was a few years when we felt like it was rare to see the Characters directly interacting with the guests. When we were headed over for lunch I snuck up beside King Louie to feel like I was taking a stroll with him.

By mid morning I was famished and it was time for our brunch at Tusker House. The Character Buffet is a great opportunity to meet Donald, Daisy, Goofy and Mickey (another chance to visit with the Mouse).

After eating way too much desserts for lunch we had 1 ride left on our list and it was the Kali River Rapids. Daddio and DMiL passed on the ride, because they didn't want to get soaked. I made a quick comment like about the likelihood of really getting "soaked" is super low, so guess what happened? DH and I got drenched! Daddio and DMiL gave us the look that all parents have of "I told you so" when they saw us.

Tonight it was dinner for 2. DH and I had reservations at Saana (a first time experience for both of us). We had a great table, right next to the window and I would have to say the bread service as an appetizer was the way to go.

However the best course was the Dessert Trio.

After dinner we met up with Daddio, DMiL and a few of their friends at MK for wishes. For me mainstreet with Cinderella's castle and Wishes are the 2 things that are 100% Disney in my mind. Nowhere can do fireworks better than Disney and watching Wishes always makes me sentimental. It is by far my favorite show.

Tonight was no exception. The weather was perfect and it had been almost 2 years since DH and I have seen it together, which made it even nicer.

Having been here 3 days now there are a few tips I would like to share;
1. Magic Bands can be great, however the system is not 100% accurate, so please always remember to bring cash or a credit card with you. It is not a nice feeling to be standing at your favorite corndog shack and not have your Magic Band working. Although the resort staff confirmed everything was great at the time of check in the charging system at teh shops did not accept my band. It can be worth while after checking in to go to the nearest store and buy an apple/chocolate bar to make sure your band is functioning.
and

2. be prepared to see construction. Not to sound like a negative Nancy, but right now there is a lot of construction happening at Disney. I realize that construction has to happen, but with the amount of barricades in the parks it can feel like a bit of the Magic is missing.

That being said I wasn't thinking about the construction when you see the smile on a little boys face after Mickey Mouse waves at him or anytime during Wishes.

Tomorrow is lining up to be a great day. The weather looks good and DSiL and DBiL will be arriving so it'll be 6 of us in a treehouse.

Day 4:

Today was another great day!

In the morning the 4 of us went to HWS and hit all of my top rides (ToT, RRC, Muppets and TSM). This park is a big deal for me because I have only gone on an upside down roller coaster once before (last year when I was here with DSiL), so today I finally rode the Rockin Roller Coaster with DH. As per usual my screaming was the loudest thing anyone heard.

DH has suggested that rather then just yelling "ahhhhhhhhhhhh" I should try to put a "yeahhhhhhhhhhh" or "woo hoooooooooooooo" so as not to scare the children.

I will let you in on a little family secret, DH and Daddio have been having a silent competition between each other at TSM since 2 years ago when DH got a higher score then Daddio. Today the competition continued. However, since I'm sharing the treehouse with all members of the family and I'd like to be able to sleep inside the treehouse I won't share who had today's highest score,lets just say...... the competition continues on. :cheer2:

DSiL and DBiL arrived late afternoon, (its great to have the whole family here now) and we spent the rest of the day catching up while sitting on the balcony of our treehouse. The table and chairs they provide only seat 4 by if you call the front desk they will bring you additional patio chairs.

All 6 of us headed to the Turf Club for dinner (it was a 17 minute walk from our Treehouse to the restaurant, or we could have taken the bus if we didn't want to walk but the weather was beautiful.

My night finished beautifully enjoying a gingerbread Mickey Mouse cookie at DTD and then taking the boat back to the Treehouse.

So today was a somewhat quieter day but that's just preparing us for tomorrow. MNNSHP, along with the new Villains' Sinister Soiree is sure to be a big night. MNSSHP is my favorite special ticketed event at WDW. Its so much fun to be trick or treating at MK, to see the adorable costumes the kids are wearing and of course the Boo To You Parade!!!!

I can't wait for tomorrow night. :cool1:

Day 5:
Well the big night is finally here. :thumbsup2 Tonight is the Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween party along with the Villain's Sinister Soiree in Cinderella's Castle and I am as gitty as an 8 year old. To me dressing up and running around the Magic Kingdom trick or treating is one of the best nights of the year.

We arrived at the park around 5 already in costume. This year the group has decided to be Charlie Brown and his crew; DH was Charlie, I was Lucy, DSiL was Snoopy, DMiL was Woodstock and DBiL was Linus (he even carried around a baby blue blanket). We had dinner at Casey's and it was time to enjoy the festivities.

One of the great things about an after hours ticketed event is yes the park is still busy but it doesn't feel overcrowded. It was a minimal wait time for the rides and the trick or treat lines were all moving at a great pace.

For me one of the best parts of the night to so see what other guests wear to the party. I always think its great to see parents dressing up with their children, and the excitement of a pirate running to a ride or a princess posing for a photo with her favorite princess.

There was a family of jellyfish that looked great and a family of ghosts that were over the top amazing!!! They would have fit into the parade perfectly with these guys.

We had amazing seats directly in front of the Castle for the Boo to You Parade, (I'm still singing the song) as well as the Hallowishes show.

This was also my first time seeing the Celebrate the Magic laser show on the Castle. There is truley amazing detailed work in this show. It was stunning to see it. Yet another example of the beauty that Disney creates. :worship:

I've never been so close to the castle so it was an amazing experience to have the fireworks feel like they are literally all around you. :cool1:

Next up is the Villain's Sinister Soiree... a first time experience for a special event within a special event.

Villain's Sinister Soiree:

This year Disney offered a new event within Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party which is the Villain's Sinister Soiree. The event is build as an evening of desserts and socializing with the Villains while they take over Cinderella's Castle.

I enjoy meeting the princess' and the other characters, but it is not very often to have all the Villains in a room at the same time and truth is............I had an amazing time!!!! :cool1:

The ticket allowed us preferred seating for the Boo to You parade (we were right in front of the Castle) as well as preferred seating for the Hallowishes Fireworks party.

Afterwards it was time to head into the Castle and begin the indulgent side of the evening. We were brought into Cinderella's Royal Table and we were greeted with the Queen of Hearts and the step sisters.

Once all of the guests have arrived we are then brought upstairs in the dinning room (I LOVE that spiral staircase) and seated at our table. It was wonderful that our menus were personalized with our names on it

It was a pre-set menu that began with the Not-So-Poisoned Potion and Lady Tremaine's Classic Castle Favorites of appetizers

Next course was the dessert party where 4 of the Villains had their own inspired treats; The Queen's Bleeding heart apple, Malificent's Dragon-toasted Confection, Dr. Facilier's chocolate tarot card and Cruella De Vil's spotted Chocolate Moose Cake.

During the experience each of the Villains would come around for photos, but by far the best part was their interaction with us.

Cruella De Vil was hilarious and made the evening with her humor.

Lady Tremaine also entertained us with her hosting and singing. She does a modified cover of Lord's "Royals" and it was hilarious!

The whole evening was amazing and having the opportunity to enjoy the Sinister Soiree with my entire family is something to be remembered for a very long time.

Day 6:

DH’s birthday is tomorrow so we decided that today was going to be all about what he felt like doing. This morning we headed back over to AK.

I’d recommend to anyone staying in a treehouse, rather than waiting for the resort shuttle to pick you up and then take you to the Springs section to then wait for the theme park bus, use the walking path from the treehouses which takes you into the Grandstand section of SSR and grab the theme park bus there. It’s about a 7 minute walk from our treehouse to the Grandstand bus stop but saved us a lot of time not having to wait for 2 buses.

The weather today was great for walking around and the first attraction we encountered was DeVine. I know I say this every trip report but I think it’s amazing how graceful DeVine can be when moving around the park and wow she can strike a pose!

A really exciting moment to our day was that the tigers were up and moving around.

After the walk through it was onto Expedition Everest. I’m proud to report that I did not scream nearly as loud this time and I did successfully put a “woo hoo” in front of my “ahhhhhhhhhhhh” That is progress!

We met up with the rest of the family and headed over to Epcot for an early dinner at Nine Dragon’s (DH’s pick for his almost birthday).

Quick tip: If you are not sure what to order, ask the server. A couple of times this trip I couldn’t decide what entrée to have and using the server’s recommendation I have enjoyed each of my meals. Tonight was no exception, I ordered the special and it was delicious. The chicken was tender and juicy and it was a very large portion.

Afterwards the whole family continued our evening at Epcot enjoying some rides, looking at the manatees (that was for me) and beginning our first round of Food and Wine.

Another quick tip: If you are going for Food and Wine try to avoid Saturday nights. The crowd levels are massive, a weeknight would be a better choice.

I didn’t get to the potato pierogi from Poland tonight, but it is on my list of “must dos” before I leave (I fell in love with it last year).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter