Vive 3 Wheel Scooter?

socutedesigns

Earning My Ears
I am shopping for a scooter to have at home in Ohio and also with me at the parks. The Vive 3-wheel scooter is priced within my budget, has a range of 12.4 miles and can be charged with the battery on or off the scooter. This will fit in my hatchback too! Has anyone had experience with this specific scooter at the Parks?

I don’t have personal experience but here’s some things I noticed about the Vive.
Low 1” clearance. Do you have door jams you need to go over? Several reviews mention that as an issue.
Vive mentions on their website that the scooter is for indoor use. Wonder about the weather in Florida.
I did read a review On Amazon that mentioned WDW, “Battery lasted all day at universal and Disney”
Good luck on your decision. Let us know if you get it and have a good experience at WDW.

I am shopping for a scooter to have at home in Ohio and also with me at the parks. The Vive 3-wheel scooter is priced within my budget, has a range of 12.4 miles and can be charged with the battery on or off the scooter. This will fit in my hatchback too! Has anyone had experience with this specific scooter at the Parks?

Generally speaking, if you charge your ECV all night, every night, you should have no problems with a full "Disney Day" the next day. With this as your personal device, you will just want to keep an eye on it's battery(s) when not at WDW; eventually even the best batteries will begin to hold less and less charge. LOL I tend to "Disney test" my personal device's batteries at the State Fair, and other local events where I will be out and about all day; I start fully charged to see how fast the batteries are draining, and if they will hold up for the next trip. 🙂

@LoveToDisney has a good point - you can always carry a poncho and a couple of disposable clear plastic shower caps (to cover any electronics on the tiller. Ride with the long front of the poncho over the tiller (so it drapes over the front, and keeps your hands inside the poncho, and dry!) and with the long back of the poncho over the seat back, (so it drapes down the back, and rustles in the breeze like a princess cape - and keeps the entire seat and the back of the seat dry).

When you are looking at a mobility device, just make sure that you can drive it everywhere you want to (inside and outdoors) (size matters! LOL) and that you have a plan for loading it into and out of your car.

Let us know what you do - and post pics of your new ride once you have it (and we need to know what you name it too! LOL) My stable currently includes 2 TravelScoots - Angus (named after Merida's faithful horse), and Max (the noble Palace steed from Tangled) who are currently "out to pasture" because I now have Figgy (yes, he is purple, and named after EPCOT's favorite mascot, Figment!) which is a Fold and Go power chair.

Not sure if you fly or drive to Disney, but remember that all mobility equipment flies for free on domestic flights in the US, so no worries with bringing along your new travel buddy!

You might also check Craig's list, etc. I found a Drive Scout 4 wheel travel scooter that was used 2 times because his mother-in-law was afraid of it. I bought it for $400 and my sister loves it. It's been to Disney over 20 days since we got it last November and not one bit of trouble. I can't speak to the Vive, but I'm sure you will be fine. There are plugs all over the park and we always plug hers in while we eat lunch. Just ask the hostess/host cast member where you can plug it in if you don't see a plug outside the restaurant. I use a power wheelchair, so I can't give you any personal scooter feedback. I just know that if you need one you will be very happy that you invested in it. Happy travels.

If you are in Florida, watch for when Gold Mobility sells their used devices. Basically, they replace their rentals every 6 months and refurbish them, then sell them off. This can result in a good deal on a better option for you.

If you are in Florida, watch for when Gold Mobility sells their used devices. Basically, they replace their rentals every 6 months and refurbish them, then sell them off. This can result in a good deal on a better option for you.

The one that the rent, which is very similar to the Vive, is the Go Go Sport. I own a similar model, but DH recommends that I rent from Gold, rather than bring my own on an airplane. For one thing, he doesn't trust the airline to keep my scooter safe, but the biggest issue is that if the scooter breaks down way back by Splash Mountain, it's up to us to figure out what to do. Yet, if I rent a scooter, Gold will find me in a short time with a working scooter.

The one that the rent, which is very similar to the Vive, is the Go Go Sport. I own a similar model, but DH recommends that I rent from Gold, rather than bring my own on an airplane. For one thing, he doesn't trust the airline to keep my scooter safe, but the biggest issue is that if the scooter breaks down way back by Splash Mountain, it's up to us to figure out what to do. Yet, if I rent a scooter, Gold will find me in a short time with a working scooter.
Yes, DH just bought one from them and will be transporting it home. But when coming to WDW, he will likely rent for the same reason. We saw someone at EPCOT with a similar issue, luckily they were near the front of the park and we're parked right at the front, but it shows the issue that can happen.

i recommend the go go sport! I bought one used off a coworker and my mom loves it. It goes nice every where and so far seems to keep up with a full day out. My only whine, its heavy to lift in and out of the suv.

I don’t have personal experience but here’s some things I noticed about the Vive.
Low 1” clearance. Do you have door jams you need to go over? Several reviews mention that as an issue.
Vive mentions on their website that the scooter is for indoor use. Wonder about the weather in Florida.
I did read a review On Amazon that mentioned WDW, “Battery lasted all day at universal and Disney”
Good luck on your decision. Let us know if you get it and have a good experience at WDW.
Thanks so much for your reply. I did not notice the 'indoor use' descriptors. That is interesting. The jury is still out...

Ok, looking up the Vive, I really would go with the GoGo sport.l, especially if you can wait until in Florida and can buy a gently used one from Gold Mobility. It will likely be similarly priced to the Vive and will likely include some extras such as USB port, cell phone holder, cup holder, etc.

I would seriously ask them about renting with an option to purchase. I really don't think the Vive looks very sturdy and think it might last 6 to 8 months before having major problems. I could be wrong of course, but that is my guess.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter