VOLCANO BAY.....INFO AND QUESTION THREAD........

So if you have a wait time on your tapu tapu for a ride and there is a "ride now" ride available do you still have to tap and if so do you lose your held wait time for the other ride?

So if you have a wait time on your tapu tapu for a ride and there is a "ride now" ride available do you still have to tap and if so do you lose your held wait time for the other ride?

The reports I have been reading is that you DO have to tap the ride now slides but you do NOT lose your currently reserved slide by doing so. I'll try to confirm when I head down there later this week. Planning to be at Volcano Bay on Sunday and possibly Friday (and a couple/few days next week as well)

Is Express Pass not available for VB? I've read that they are separate from the IoA and US passes, which is fine, but I can't seem to be able to purchase them anywhere. And with 200+ wait times on many of the rides, express passes would be welcome.

Is Express Pass not available for VB? I've read that they are separate from the IoA and US passes, which is fine, but I can't seem to be able to purchase them anywhere. And with 200+ wait times on many of the rides, express passes would be welcome.

Previous posters have pointed out that the EP for VB has been removed from ticket options. Previous sales will be honored, but there will be no new sales for the time being.

I've heard that VB heats their water, but have heard that it has been freezing cold recently. Anyone have any experience with that?

Hi I just saw a post on twitter that VB is closed today!! Can anybody confirm this? If so why it might be closed? Thanks:)

Hi I just saw a post on twitter that VB is closed today!! Can anybody confirm this? If so why it might be closed? Thanks:)

It might be closed right now if there are thunderstorms in the area. They have to clear everyone out of any water park when there is lightning close by.

Volcano bay hours have changed (Again!) for June, now the entire month of June has 8pm closings. (July still states 10pm close... for now?)

Does anyone know what the towels that are available for rent are like? How do they compare to the hotel pool towels? Is there anything good about them (size, softness, etc) which might make paying to rent them appeal more to me?

Previous posters have pointed out that the EP for VB has been removed from ticket options. Previous sales will be honored, but there will be no new sales for the time being.

Will they honor express passes given through staying at participating hotels? We purchased tickets and hotel reservations when EP was still an option for VB.

Will they honor express passes given through staying at participating hotels? We purchased tickets and hotel reservations when EP was still an option for VB.

I didn't think they had given out express passes with the hotels for VB from the start. And no, they won't give out EP with hotels.

Hi there were never EP with staying at an on-site hotel. You had to purchase them separately from the website. They will honor ones that were purchased before they removed them for sale on the website. From what I understand they are not selling them in the park also right now.

I didn't think they had given out express passes with the hotels for VB from the start. And no, they won't give out EP with hotels.

There was a point in time where hotel guests were supposed to have EP for all three parks, but they have taken it off their website since. Not sure if I'll bother with VB without it.

Just popping in to say I'm following along. Current plan is to rent a cabana, not sure of size yet, depends on how many people can come, to celebrate my DD16 birthday in October.
So if I'm understanding correctly you can get one tapu tapu ride and not get on another one, unless it says "ride now".
Are all slides on Tapu Tapu?
The lazy rivers are not right?
I'm also anxiously waiting more reviews on the cabanas. We will have a couple of adults so we will pay all together and that will help

There was a point in time where hotel guests were supposed to have EP for all three parks, but they have taken it off their website since. Not sure if I'll bother with VB without it.

Hi you must be referring to the time when they accidentally put that VB was going to be an EP benefit park. That only lasted one or two days. Universal realized the mistake and took it down quickly. They had always intended for VB to have EP for purchasing separately but after the problems with the wait times right now they are not selling them.

Just popping in to say I'm following along. Current plan is to rent a cabana, not sure of size yet, depends on how many people can come, to celebrate my DD16 birthday in October.
So if I'm understanding correctly you can get one tapu tapu ride and not get on another one, unless it says "ride now".
Are all slides on Tapu Tapu?
The lazy rivers are not right?
I'm also anxiously waiting more reviews on the cabanas. We will have a couple of adults so we will pay all together and that will help

Hi as of right now you are correct. One slide only at a time unless it says "ride now"
Yes all slides are on tapu tapu
The lazy river is not. That is where they want you to spend some of your time waiting.
Keep watching all the threads on VB here. They are several of us going in the next 8 weeks and renting cabanas. I will make it a point to put up as many photos and information that I can when I rent mine.

It is interesting to see that on Trip Advisor today there were actually a few good reviews. This is promising news:):cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter