VP Pence to host call with cruise line industry.

I would like to think we are nearing the end of this health emergency. But cases are on the rise here, and that seems to be the case for many places in the United States.

I’m not sure if we are nearing the end but I do know cases will continually rise and fall. Whether cases go up, down, flat or whatever, it should never be used as a justification to single out only one business on the planet and bankrupt it. The CDC has had 7 months now to work with cruising and get it right. The putting off of duties and just kicking the can down the road isn’t going to fly anymore. It gets to the point where it ceases to become a safety issue and begins to become a neglect of duty issue.

I’m not sure if we are nearing the end but I do know cases will continually rise and fall. Whether cases go up, down, flat or whatever, it should never be used as a justification to single out only one business on the planet and bankrupt it. The CDC has had 7 months now to work with cruising and get it right. The putting off of duties and just kicking the can down the road isn’t going to fly anymore. It gets to the point where it ceases to become a safety issue and begins to become a neglect of duty issue.
But it's not just one industry. It's not kicking the can down the road, it's people's health. And given that many Disney cruises originate from Orlando, where Disney and Universal are open on a limited basis, and where Disney alone in recent weeks has laid off 15,500 employees because people aren't returning, forget ports and health, it makes zero business sense to restart cruises.

But it's not just one industry. It's not kicking the can down the road, it's people's health. And given that many Disney cruises originate from Orlando, where Disney and Universal are open on a limited basis, and where Disney alone in recent weeks has laid off 15,500 employees because people aren't returning, forget ports and health, it makes zero business sense to restart cruises.

Have you been to the parks lately? We have and the parks were packed. Lots and lots of people are returning to Disney. If you don’t feel comfortable going to the parks or on a cruise, that is fine. But, other people get to decide for themselves. We have already been to Disney for 2 1/2 weeks. We felt totally safe and would resume cruising if allowed. We aren’t scared of going on a cruise.

Have you been to the parks lately? We have and the parks were packed. Lots and lots of people are returning to Disney. If you don’t feel comfortable going to the parks or on a cruise, that is fine. But, other people get to decide for themselves. We have already been to Disney for 2 1/2 weeks. We felt totally safe and would resume cruising if allowed. We aren’t scared of going on a cruise.
I have not been to the parks but I was on a conference call Thursday with a guy who works in the tourism industry in Orlando and he said it is a MESS. If the Parks are packed, why did they just layoff 15,500 employees just in Orlando?

That is not yours or the CDC’s concern. Let the cruise lines worry about what makes business sense.

What other industry got a total and complete ban by the CDC?
Travel in general, not just cruising. On the local levels, not CDC but local Health Departments using (and posting) CDC recommendations shut down the restaurant industry, locally allowed in the past two week to reopen at 25% of capacity. Gyms, locally allowed to reopen at 10% capacity. Nail salons, barber shops can no reopen under severe restrictions. But again, if it's not safe, why is the ban even an issue?

« Coronavirus likes this«.

I have not been to the parks but I was on a conference call Thursday with a guy who works in the tourism industry in Orlando and he said it is a MESS. If the Parks are packed, why did they just layoff 15,500 employees just in Orlando?

Because a lot of things at Disney aren’t open yet? I have no idea. All I can tell you is that we were there the end of September and the parks were packed. I am not surprised that the rest of Orlando is a mess. We didn’t feel comfortable leaving the Disney bubble, so we stayed on property the whole time. Sure other people probably feel the same.

Because a lot of things at Disney aren’t open yet? I have no idea. All I can tell you is that we were there the end of September and the parks were packed. I am not surprised that the rest of Orlando is a mess. We didn’t feel comfortable leaving the Disney bubble, so we stayed on property the whole time. Sure other people probably feel the same.
Less than anticipated attendance. And of course they have already limited capacity so they aren't even hitting that. I can't imagine that being called packed. https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/09/business/disney-world-coronavirus.html

I would be interested to know if the more crowded parks are coming from people traveling to Florida or people living in the local area. Considering how many of the resort hotels are still closed, and along with that some elements of the parks and still quite a few restaurants. I also wonder if the park seem more crowded because of the lack of things like character greetings and parades that help to funnel people to particular areas of the park. Maybe DCL can sail with just Florida residents, but I’m guessing that they’ll be relying on people coming in from other places. MCO has also reported laying more employees off recently.

Waving a magic wand to allow cruise ships to again sail isn't a cure for covid. Large groups of people in confined spaces is still a terrible idea while covid is around. Even if they are allowed to sail, curious how many will actually go on a cruise during a global pandemic.

For anyone that still does not think it is safe to travel weather it be on a cruise, a theme park or any where else in the world, stay home and be safe.
It is no longer just about people going on vacation, it is about people being able to safely vacation and it's about people being able to return to work. As long as it can be done safely and people want to not only vacation but people also want to go back to work why not let them. I know several Disney cast members who have lost their jobs because of this. Whole departments wiped out laying off hundreds. People need to go back to living their lives, we can't spend the rest of our lives hold up in our homes.
My wife and I have been to Disney several times since it re opened. To us it is a lot safer and cleaner than going to some of the large box stores to do our weekly food shopping, yet people do that ever day.
This virus is not going away just like any other virus. We just have to learn to live with it and move on.

For anyone that still does not think it is safe to travel weather it be on a cruise, a theme park or any where else in the world, stay home and be safe.
It is no longer just about people going on vacation, it is about people being able to safely vacation and it's about people being able to return to work. As long as it can be done safely and people want to not only vacation but people also want to go back to work why not let them. I know several Disney cast members who have lost their jobs because of this. Whole departments wiped out laying off hundreds. People need to go back to living their lives, we can't spend the rest of our lives hold up in our homes.
My wife and I have been to Disney several times since it re opened. To us it is a lot safer and cleaner than going to some of the large box stores to do our weekly food shopping, yet people do that ever day.
This virus is not going away just like any other virus. We just have to learn to live with it and move on.
If I could hit the like button on your post 100 times I would. You are are absolutely on point!

Maybe they can suspend that provision of the Passengers Vessels Services Act to get get the cruise industry started again.

If a cruise company has a private island in the Bahamas and they were to go there would that count as going to another country before returning to the United States?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter