VR in TOT?

TonyS20

Mouseketeer
My DH and I have been discussing a VR at Disney for our 10 year anniversary. I have visions of the WP; however, my DH thinks it would be very cool to renew our vows on the TOT. I doubt any of our family would travel to attend a ceremony (at most 4-5 people), so it would be fun to do something "non-traditional". Has anyone heard of this? Can this be done? Thanks for all your help!:Pinkbounc

Yes it has been done before. Check out this website - http://www.yourfairytale.com

It has alot of information about having your ceremony (wedding and VR) at WDW. Also, there's an ebook you can buy that has tons of information. Having a ceremony in the park itself is rather more expensive than having it at one of the resorts (~ $20K or more). I think you've got to have the ceremony at a time that's not within park operating hours as well.

Anyways, I hope that helps you out a bit.

Anna

Ceremony takes place does dictate price, but not always $20k. We are having a reception at MGM in The Great Movie Ride and none of our contract requirements mentioned $20k. It is more expensive, but you should contact Disney's Fairy Tale Weddings to get more information as well.

chipscinderelly - I was just using the sample budgets as a guidance for custom weddings that are found on Disney Weddings website. From what I've seen, the majority of weddings that take place within the MK or Studios park cost in the range of 20K and above.

Thanks for the guidance LaGaviota and chipscinderelly! I have researched the VR at the WP for an intimate ceremony. However, my DH is not thrilled at that idea. His suggestion was to renew our vows while riding the TOT. Nothing special just saying "I do" while doing the drops or something along those lines. I'm sure disney weddings will have to be involved since they don't allow weddings in the park that are not through them. I didn't know if they had some sort of "plan" that is not advertised that would accommodate this? If not, it will be back to the drawing board. We are not wanting to spend a lot of money to have the park to ourselves. Everyone here is the best, so I trust you guys could tell me if you know if this is possible!:bounce:

Thanks!

LaGaviota - I was not arguing with you just simply stating that the $20k is not a requirement. If you are not already a member of the Disneymooner's Yahoo group you may want to join - lots more information is shared through that site than Disney makes available on their website.

TonyS20 - you are correct, no weddings in the park without DFTW being involved. The normal requirement of the park being closed is correct, except that you can have a reception at Epcot during park hours.

TonyS20 - Oh, it's definitely possible to do your VR on ToT, but you would need the wedding dept involved. It would be rather expensive even if it's after park business hours. You've got to figure in the cost for what it would take to keep the attraction open - electricity, people to run the attraction, etc. You couldn't do the "intimate" package - you would need to do a custom event, which has a minimum of $7500 on a weekday and $10K on a weekend.

You should definitely give them a call and ask them about that specifically. That would be an awesome event! :D

Originally posted by LaGaviota
TonyS20 - Oh, it's definitely possible to do your VR on ToT, but you would need the wedding dept involved. It would be rather expensive even if it's after park business hours. You've got to figure in the cost for what it would take to keep the attraction open - electricity, people to run the attraction, etc. You couldn't do the "intimate" package - you would need to do a custom event, which has a minimum of $7500 on a weekday and $10K on a weekend.

Thanks LaGaviota! That was what I was afraid of! My DH was not thrilled with the price of an add-on, so I don't think he will be happy when he sees this! :( Our 10 year anniversary falls on a weekday, so we would be looking at a minimum of $7500, which is out of our budget. Does anyone know if any of the wedding locations has the TOT in the background? What about the Swan? Would something like that be an option?

Since I don't think this will work, does anyone know if Gifts of a Lifetime or a similar company offers anything that might be comparable. I know they can't conduct a ceremony, but would there be some way to incorporate the TOT into something for my DH? I'm not looking for anything overly romantic, but something that would be different and memorable!:Pinkbounc

You guys here are the BEST! I can't believe how quickly everyone has responded to my questions! Thanks again for all your help as I work through the planning process! :cool:

Something that you could think about doing would be a honeymoon photo session with Disney Photography services. They offer a photo session where you can have ToT in the background. It's meant to be a casual-clothing photo session (as opposed to other photo sessions with bridal clothes if you have your wedding with FTW). I think it's around $350 in cost.

Have you thought of incorporating maybe a Twilight Zone theme into your wedding? I know it would be kind of "morbid", but I think it could be really fun.

Can you tell I'm totally obsessed with Disney wedding planning right now?! ;) :D

Originally posted by LaGaviota
Something that you could think about doing would be a honeymoon photo session with Disney Photography services. They offer a photo session where you can have ToT in the background. It's meant to be a casual-clothing photo session (as opposed to other photo sessions with bridal clothes if you have your wedding with FTW). I think it's around $350 in cost.

WOW LaGaviota! You have some really great ideas!:bounce: I'll have to look into the photo session to see if that will be a possibility. Right now, we'll probably just continue to research areas for a renewal that's more in our price range. I'm trying to be creative to make sure my DH has something incorporated that he enjoys as well! :cool:

Thanks again for everyone's help and advice!:Pinkbounc

You can do a wedding at the Swan, but I don't know if it has views of TOT. You could go to to their website or you could go to Just Marry! and check out what they offer. Hope this helps a bit!
Jess

sweet7696 - Thank you very much for the suggestion! :D I checked out both of the websites you suggested and requested additional information. The swan locations appear to be very nice! It would be great if there was a location from which you could see the TOT in the background. I will keep everyone informed of the details that I find out. Right now, I'm researching the swan renewals on the disneymooners site to see what I can find out.

Thanks again to everyone for their help! It is greatly appreciated!:Pinkbounc

I had one more thought as far as the Swan and Dolphin goes. Maybe you could rent one of their suites that faces MGM? Get one with a balcony and have the vow renewal during fireworks or something? The suite would be big enough to host a small reception afterwards... I don't really know how you would go about doing all of that, but it's worth the research! :D
Jess

Originally posted by sweet7696
I had one more thought as far as the Swan and Dolphin goes. Maybe you could rent one of their suites that faces MGM? Get one with a balcony and have the vow renewal during fireworks or something? The suite would be big enough to host a small reception afterwards... I don't really know how you would go about doing all of that, but it's worth the research! :D
Jess

sweet7696 - This is a really great idea! I submitted a form to the Swan and hope to hear something from them soon. I have added this to my list of questions to see if this would be something they could help me arrange. Thanks again for your wonderful suggestion!

I wanted to let everyone know that I heard from Susan from JustMarry! and she sent me a packet of information regarding the Swan and Dolphin. However, there is not a location that has views of the Tower of Terror. :( It is still likely that we could have the ceremony in a suite that had the Tower of Terror view. So there is still hope! :Pinkbounc

Thanks again for everyone's advice. As I continue through the planning process, I will keep you informed of what I find out. :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter