VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

@Corinne...you know we love you and Mr. Corinne, but for the next couple of weeks we'll have to politely agree to disagree on which team we want to win Lord Stanley's Cup!

2f840a6d7a3347bf12dffddce03e857a.jpg

@Granny lol! Dana (aka Mr. Corinne) told me to send a message to you this morning! I showed him your post and we have two responses......my response is:

View attachment 402377

His response is:

View attachment 402378

Well done!

I thought it would be nice for Boston to return the favor, and allow St. Louis Blues to break their curse. After all, we were kind enough to end the Red Sox curse for you.

Game on. :thumbsup2

ps. Sorry to the other Groupies. I'm sure nobody will be gloating in a couple of weeks. :)

Well done!

I thought it would be nice for Boston to return the favor, and allow St. Louis Blues to break their curse. After all, we were kind enough to end the Red Sox curse for you.

Game on. :thumbsup2

ps. Sorry to the other Groupies. I'm sure nobody will be gloating in a couple of weeks. :)

Haha, good point! We’re bigger B’s fans than Red Sox, but should be a great series! :)

I grew up next door to Phil Esposito's daughters Carrie & Laurie.
I'm obliged to say Go Bruins!

DH grew up playing hockey just south of Boston. His best friend apparently does some traveling with the Bruins. Like you, I am apparently obliged to say Go Bruins. :rotfl:

(So sorry Granny!)

We are quite used to being the unloved underdogs. And yes, I'm keeping a list of your names!!!

And to bring this back to our favorite Lodge mascot...

19f6a8100c16e48969a02b393c1fa1bc.jpeg

DH grew up playing hockey just south of Boston. His best friend apparently does some traveling with the Bruins. Like you, I am apparently obliged to say Go Bruins. :rotfl:

(So sorry Granny!)
Really! How awesome Kathy! Where did he grow up?

Ah . . . .I have no idea what everyone is talking about. :confused3 I live in a very sports sheltered world.
Make no mistake, this is me too.
Really, the only game I involve myself in is grabbing the right airfare to MCO at the best time. Fighting off the hordes of other folk trying to do the same.

It's worth the fight though. Looking forward to Oct/Dec. I'm excited to see the changes that have happened since we were last there. Gondola stations, new resort buildings, and a small thing they did over in MGM DHS.
On a non-hockey note:

How much is an Uber/Lyft from MCO to WL?
A handy little page that I often forget about https://www.uber.com/us/en/price-estimate/

(note, this is the low estimate. Add in traffic delays and tip)

upload_2019-5-23_12-59-22.png

Last edited:
Does anyone else hear the hallelujah chorus playing? Just checked out with my principal, and the 2018-2019 school year has come to an end!!!:rockband: This means I will able to read the DIS far more often and keep up with the groupies more often.

I apologize about my lack of understanding of the game of hockey. I was raised in Florida where hockey does not really exist. Years ago, we had a farm team called the Mobile Mysticks. We went to a couple of games, but apparently others in the South were also not into hockey because they didn't last around here long. If you'd like to discuss football, we Alabamians know ALL about that! :)

In Disney related things, I have one week to decide if I want to do the Princess 1/2 marathon again in February. I already reserved my DVC room just in case. If I'm going that weekend, I was having thoughts of attempting both the 10K and the 1/2. Need to decide soon, and I'm just not sure what to do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter