VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

Happy (belated) Anniversary Di and Dad!!!!!! Wishing you many more wonderful years (and Disney adventures) together!!!!:flower3:

Hi Groupies,

Hope you're all well! I'm heading to Sarasota for a few days with my sister for some beach therapy. I always feel off being in Florida and not being in WDW! September will be here before we know it, and no, I am so not wishing summer away! Have a great weekend all.

View attachment 177226 Happy Friday! I'm so sorry that all of you are having such a difficult time with the website. I just don't understand why Disney doesn't understand the loss in revenue that they could be incurring by not have a functioning web experience. Hope no one loses out on their reservation.
I'm headed to my sister's this weekend. My girls bought me (us) tickets to go see Wicked this weekend. I've never seen it, so I'm super excited.
I was looking through some old pics. I found this one that I knew the "groupies" would appreciate. This was before it was Wilderness(less) Lodge.
this actually happened to me a few days ago. I borrowed a few points and made a reservation. The system crashed and my points and reservation were gone. I had to wait an hour to call but luckily they fixed it.

Last edited:
Thanks for the photo Erin! I hope you have a great time at Wicked. One of my favorite musicals ever.

WDad...that is an amazing view of the Grand Canyon! It's hard not to be humbled by the spectacle of centuries of nature's work.

wildernessDad - Beautiful lodge, wondrous view - Amazing!

So....what's everyone up to today?

We're getting pretty close to the bottom of page 1. This will help.

Work. And tomorrow. And the day after that, too. However, come Friday, we'll be off to HHI for our anniversary trip. We waitlisted the DVC resort, but not surprisingly, it didn't come through. That's okay because we "settled" for the Marriott that sits on the beach. . .with beachfront views. We stayed there a couple of years ago, and it was a superb location and room. Ready for some fresh fish and seafood!

Wildernessdad, love the picture. Maybe this is the new treeless look that WL is going for. :sad2:

Sleepydog I hope you enjoy your HHI trip. We stayed at HH this spring for 2 days and loved it. It was still a little chilly, but we biked and kayaked and really enjoyed the low key days. I would love to go back for a longer stay.

Wicked was really good. My girls and I had a fun weekend with my sister and nieces. Can't believe June is almost over. Summer is passing too quickly for me. I should probably try to actually accomplish some project or two around the house...

Working and trying to stay caught up with deadlines :headache:
But have this weekend to look forward too. We are heading to VA. Beach to see Journey/Doobie Bros./Dave Mason. We stay in Norfolk and walk to a lot of historic areas near the hotel. They have some great eats downtown too:D
Last weekend we went to Fredericksburg, VA and did some things in historic district then stayed a few nights with my cousin. He is a former park ranger who lives on the edge of Chancellorsville battleground. We drove down to a place where the Rappahanock river mets the Chesapeake Bay with tubes and kayaks. In same water we saw lots of blue crabs, jellyfish, dolphins and stingrays!!:scared1: Had a great time:boat:

Its been awhile since we have thrown one of these out, so just for fun, wondering about some favorites at WDW. And when it comes to favorite DVC resort, please dont feel the obligatory answer has to be VWL, we wont judge(but we will wonder why::yes::)
Also, if you struggle with just one, please dont hesitate to list more(because I sure cant:laughing:)

Favorites
Value resort...All Star Sports
Moderate...Coronado Springs
Deluxe...Wilderness Lodge
DVC...VWL:thumbsup2OKW, BWV, BLT
Park...MK
Resort eats...The Wave(breakfast), Kona, Olivias
MK table service...LTT, The Plaza(this is a bit tough, as we tend to not eat TS here)
Epcot tabel service...San Angel Inn, Biergarten, Via Napoli, Rose n Crown, Nine Dragons
HS table service...50s PTC
AK table service...Dont have a favorite TS, but really like Flame Tree BBQ

Favorites:
Favorites Value resort...DiznyDi & I have never stayed in one
Moderate...DiznyDi & I have never stayed in one
Deluxe...Wilderness Lodge
DVC...VWL
Park...MK
Resort eats...Kona Café, GF Café
MK table service...None comes to mind
Epcot tabel service...It has changed over the years: Rose n Crown, Biergarten
HS table service...Brown Derby
AK table service...None comes to mind

Boy, answering the list made me think . . DiznyDi & I are just plain boring . . .

Favorites Value resort...Movies (only one we have stayed)
Moderate...PORiverside
Deluxe...AKL
DVC...ALV
Park...HS
Resort eats...Kona, Boma, Chef Mickeys
MK table service... Crystal Palace Breakfast
Epcot table service...Biergarten
HS table service...Mamma Melrose
AK table service...Have not experienced, want to do Yak and Yeti - Love FlameTree BBQ but not TS

Favorites
Value resort...NA
Moderate...Coronado Springs
Deluxe...NA
DVC...VWL, VGF, tie BLT/AKV
Park...MK
Resort eats...Victoria & Albert's, Artist Point, Sanaa, Il Mulino, Mickey waffles at RF
MK table service...NA rarely do TS
Epcot table service...NA rarely do TS
HS table service...Brown Derby
AK table service...Yak & Yeti
ADDING: Disney Springs...Morimoto Asia, The Boathouse

And, welcome, BillyJoeBob! Always happy to recognize new visitors and potential Groupies to our thread. Pull up a rocker and set a spell!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter