VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

Thanks for the prayers! I can always count on the groupies

Here's an update she is out of surgery Paul her DH says everything went well and he is waiting on seeing her in the recovery room if I'll goes well hopefully she will be home by tonight they will be staying with us for a couple of days so we can help out with the baby

Prayers for a speedy recovery for Kristian winging their way up! How's the baby doing?

Here's an update she is out of surgery Paul her DH says everything went well and he is waiting on seeing her in the recovery room if I'll goes well hopefully she will be home by tonight they will be staying with us for a couple of days so we can help out with the baby

Whew! Glad the surgery went well and will pray for a speedy recovery. This is not what a new mom needs at all!

Hi Groupie friends. If I could ask for those inclined to pray for my brother. He's been ill for a while and I'm praying he's able to gain strength soon. Thank you.

Corinne...best wishes for a full recovery for your brother. And prayers are going up, of course.

Grandpa Jimmy said:

Jimmy...I'm glad that surgery went well for Kristian. Prayers going up for a full and speedy healing process.

Last edited:
Corinne - sending prayers for a quick recovery for your brother.

Jimmy/Tammy - so glad Kristian's surgery went well - sending along prayers for her continued recovery - Raef's continued good health - and stamina for you both...there's a reason why having babies is for the young...taking care of wee ones is such a joy and blessing for Gma and Gpa - but I'm gunna tell you - it's EXAUSTING!

Thanks for all the prayers!! They got to our house about 1pm yesterday, and having been taking it easy. We are helping them out as best we can.
Julie, baby Rafe is doing great, growing and keeping us on our toes:D
TCraig, you are right! I forgot about all the late nights, feedings, etc. Its a young persons game and not for the faint of heart:-)

Speeding recovery for your daughter. Hopefully she will have a quick recovery be allowed to lift the baby without problems.

Hi everyone! I haven't had time to even think about posting here. We live in Sienna Plantation in Ft. Bend County, Texas and mandatory evacuation was declared last Sunday night around midnight. We ended up evacuating the next day and tried to drive to Austin, Texas where we have family. We were following the route suggested by the Sheriff's office but could not get beyond I-10 from the south at Katy due to flooding. We kept trying other roads and not getting anywhere so we decided to return to a home where my DSIL was staying close to Sienna Plantation but we couldn't get back. So we looked for a shelter and the second shelter we went to had room for us. We are very grateful to Eagle Heights Church, Richmond, Texas for deciding at 11:00 am that day to set up and shelter. All of the items they got were from their small congregation and to the neighborhood surrounding the church. And it all happened within a few hours. Plus they fed us hot meals that were amazing, including BBQ, pulled pork, fried catfish and extra large broiled shrimp for lunch one day all home cooked and each large enough to feed the 250 people that ended up at this small church shelter. Of course they had favorite food items for the kids too. I have never seen so many air mattress, mountains of blankets and comforters, rooms full of bottled water, paper products, diapers and on and on. It was amazing to watch them worth tirelessly. And none of it was paid for by the Red Cross or any other agency, it was all donated by people living nearby.

We only stayed in the shelter for two nights when one of the roads to Austin opened up. So we have been here for two nights and hopefully since the Brazos River is finally crested and starting to go down we plan to drive home tomorrow. We are very thankful that our small home is still dry and even the road never had water on it. It turns out we live in the Northeast quadrant of the community and the drainage goes from the Northeast to the Southwest along the roadways. So we were dry while others had flooded roads sometimes to their doorsteps. And unlike Houston, not many homes actually had water in their homes. So our community is really lucky in comparison.

Hi everyone! I haven't had time to even think about posting here. We live in Sienna Plantation in Ft. Bend County, Texas and mandatory evacuation was declared last Sunday night around midnight. We ended up evacuating the next day and tried to drive to Austin, Texas where we have family. We were following the route suggested by the Sheriff's office but could not get beyond I-10 from the south at Katy due to flooding. We kept trying other roads and not getting anywhere so we decided to return to a home where my DSIL was staying close to Sienna Plantation but we couldn't get back. So we looked for a shelter and the second shelter we went to had room for us. We are very grateful to Eagle Heights Church, Richmond, Texas for deciding at 11:00 am that day to set up and shelter. All of the items they got were from their small congregation and to the neighborhood surrounding the church. And it all happened within a few hours. Plus they fed us hot meals that were amazing, including BBQ, pulled pork, fried catfish and extra large broiled shrimp for lunch one day all home cooked and each large enough to feed the 250 people that ended up at this small church shelter. Of course they had favorite food items for the kids too. I have never seen so many air mattress, mountains of blankets and comforters, rooms full of bottled water, paper products, diapers and on and on. It was amazing to watch them worth tirelessly. And none of it was paid for by the Red Cross or any other agency, it was all donated by people living nearby.

We only stayed in the shelter for two nights when one of the roads to Austin opened up. So we have been here for two nights and hopefully since the Brazos River is finally crested and starting to go down we plan to drive home tomorrow. We are very thankful that our small home is still dry and even the road never had water on it. It turns out we live in the Northeast quadrant of the community and the drainage goes from the Northeast to the Southwest along the roadways. So we were dry while others had flooded roads sometimes to their doorsteps. And unlike Houston, not many homes actually had water in their homes. So our community is really lucky in comparison.

Sounds like a very crazy time DenLo - glad you are safe and dry and were well looked after by caring folks!

Denlo,:grouphug:

Am remembering all Groupie requests in my prayers.

Our Houston family has been safe this whole time and have helped where they can. Many co-workers of DS have lost everything.

Late to the news but congrats Jimmy and Tammy!! I hear there is nothing like being a grandparent. I'm still waiting for my first!

GrandCalifornian thank you so much for the details floor plans. I have to admit that I am a little worried that we will get a 1st floor room since we usually stay in studios. That isn't the lake view I hope for.

Thanks everyone. We actually drove home today. It is wonderful to be home. And we are so lucky to have had no flooding in our little neighborhood. It turns out only 25 homes were flooded out of 7500 and 3 apartment complexes. And 50+ homes and were damage by a tornado. The planned drain system of the community worked as planned for a 100 year flood for this 800 year flood.
But who would have thought that the streets of our community would be used to route flood water? Many of us didn't. I

Good to hear Bobbi that your DS is safe.

I too hope twokats is safe. So many in the Houston are are lost so much.

Have any groupies used the online order app for a counter service? Getting more into our trip coming up in less than a month and see there are now quite a few park locations that are offering this. Could be efficient to do this while waiting to ride a flying lizard! :) Sounds simple enough but thought I'd see if anyone from here had done it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter