• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

Granny, your daughter WAS a beautiful bride. I know you were a proud Daddy.

As far as the meet, I fly back to TX the evening of the 9th. I kinda picked my dates since there had been early talk of a meet on the 8th. Just let me know what day or days!

Need massive amounts of Moose/Pixie Dust! My youngest son Clay, the brother just older than Kati is in the hospital as of Saturday evening fighting for his life. He is Spina Bifida so has a very fragile system to begin with. He developed pneumonia and it went sepsis and he also suffers from impaction and looks like there was a kidney stone and an infection there. Needless to say, he is a very sick young man. Our local hospital care-flighted him to Baylor Dallas, my choice because if his shunt is compromised his neurosurgeon is there. He is intibated so that means he is heavily sedated and they are pushing big time antibiotics and a continuous dialysis to take care of the sepsis and a huge team of other doctors are also there trying to take care of the other issues. Yes, I am a basket case, but Kati as usual is my rock and taking care of me and watching all those doctors and nurses like a hawk to be sure she knows all that is being done for her brother. Love to all the Groupies and thanks for listening.

:hug: Kathy, tons of love sent your son's way.
Don't worry about meetup dates. We will figure something that works later, lots of us will be around the same time as you. You have far more on your mind right now.

Kathy, I am so sorry you folks are having to deal with all this. Our prayers are being sent to Him for healing. Let Him sustain you through it all:hug:

As for a meet, being there will be several of us there, 2 or more meets to fit all in may be best. We aren't set on the 9th as any times will work for us. We are really going at a snails pace we hope this trip since the grand baby will be with us.

Tom, I too just saw your DD on FB. What a proud Dad you must be, congratulations!!!

Oh Kathy I'm so sorry to hear this. Tons of prayers & positive thoughts coming Clay's way. :hug:

Granny, your daughter WAS a beautiful bride. I know you were a proud Daddy.

As far as the meet, I fly back to TX the evening of the 9th. I kinda picked my dates since there had been early talk of a meet on the 8th. Just let me know what day or days!

Need massive amounts of Moose/Pixie Dust! My youngest son Clay, the brother just older than Kati is in the hospital as of Saturday evening fighting for his life. He is Spina Bifida so has a very fragile system to begin with. He developed pneumonia and it went sepsis and he also suffers from impaction and looks like there was a kidney stone and an infection there. Needless to say, he is a very sick young man. Our local hospital care-flighted him to Baylor Dallas, my choice because if his shunt is compromised his neurosurgeon is there. He is intibated so that means he is heavily sedated and they are pushing big time antibiotics and a continuous dialysis to take care of the sepsis and a huge team of other doctors are also there trying to take care of the other issues. Yes, I am a basket case, but Kati as usual is my rock and taking care of me and watching all those doctors and nurses like a hawk to be sure she knows all that is being done for her brother. Love to all the Groupies and thanks for listening.
Thinking of your son and your family.

Kathy lots of positive and healing thoughts and prayers coming your way. When your son is well we need to chat. My oldest daughter has hydrocephalus with a shunt. Want to talk neurosurgeons with you if you don't mind. We live in the Dallas area.

I am hoping you all allow this vent. Maybe I had forgotten since I haven't been to WDW since last year due to a very tight budget during our relocation to FL. Now that it is final, I was up early this morning to make FP reservations. Specifically the 4 days AFTER our Disney cruise had just opened up (Dec 9-12). The system allowed me to make FP's for two of those days only. I kept getting an error message I had reached my "max allotment". So I was on hold/call with tech support who couldn't figure it out either. Finally spoke to a supervisor who said I already had hit 7 FP reservations and could do no more??? I asked her why? People must take longer vacations than this? She said "yes, if you were taking 14 CONSECUTIVE vacation days then the system would allow it". So I am penalized because my days are broken up with a cruise in the middle? Does anyone else find this not fair (I am an Annual Passholder) or I am I just being whiny? I lost an hour of my life today to discover this. Guess I really need to read the various DIS boards more often again. Thanks for letting me whine guys! :drinking1

I was up early this morning to make FP reservations. Specifically the 4 days AFTER our Disney cruise had just opened up (Dec 9-12). The system allowed me to make FP's for two of those days only. I kept getting an error message I had reached my "max allotment". So I was on hold/call with tech support who couldn't figure it out either. Finally spoke to a supervisor who said I already had hit 7 FP reservations and could do no more??? I asked her why? People must take longer vacations than this? She said "yes, if you were taking 14 CONSECUTIVE vacation days then the system would allow it". So I am penalized because my days are broken up with a cruise in the middle? Does anyone else find this not fair (I am an Annual Passholder) or I am I just being whiny? I lost an hour of my life today to discover this. Guess I really need to read the various DIS boards more often again. Thanks for letting me whine guys! :drinking1

Maria, It's not just that you're headed off on a Disney cruise, I had a similar problem back when I switched resorts from VWL to AKV last year. The system could not link the two reservations as one stay until after I had member services look into it. Prior to that I also spent countless minutes, perhaps an hour on the phone with Disney IT. Maybe try giving them a call - you might get nowhere, but they've worked magic before.
The developers must know there are issues, but cannot figure out how to fix them.

Maria, It's not just that you're headed off on a Disney cruise, I had a similar problem back when I switched resorts from VWL to AKV last year. The system could not link the two reservations as one stay until after I had member services look into it. Prior to that I also spent countless minutes, perhaps an hour on the phone with Disney IT. Maybe try giving them a call - you might get nowhere, but they've worked magic before.
The developers must know there are issues, but cannot figure out how to fix them.
Thanks Twinklebug.....
That is who I was speaking to ---IT. The supervisor told me point blank that someone staying 14 days in a row CAN book ALL 14 days for Fast Pass. But as an Annual Passholder, I am LIMITED to only 7 DAYS worth of FP's. I am penalized because I also have Nov 7 & 8 booked. It's a quick overnight trip for Food and Wine. They told me once I use those FP's up, I can book another two. This will not help me plan my Dec 9-12 FP's with my friends who we are cruising with. So those guests who stay 14 days IN A ROW have more FP rights than someone like me who breaks their park days up. I don't see this as fair. Sorry....trying to wrap my brain around it but it was a bit Disney let-down for me.

I thank each and everyone of you for the thoughts and prayers. And yes, the meet is not foremost in my mind. I hope to see as many as I can in the short stay that Kati and I have planned!

Jimmy, yes, you do take is slow and easy with a baby. We did when we took my great-grandson in August.

Clay is still a really sick young man. They gave me one small amount of good news today. He is not impacted, but they had to do a procedure on his kidney which will have to be addressed further when he is better, but they were pleased with the results of the procedure. His blood pressure is still up and down, but he is hanging in there.

Maria
I wish I had some insights to your issue with FP and such. Only thing I can say, and its been said before, as big a company as Disney is, you would think their IT dept. would be better suited to handle the situations at hand. Part of it, at times, IMO, is the system gets overwhelmed. Ex., when we were trying to get a F&W special event the day they went online, not only that day, but for a week and half it drug on. Finally it opened up and at that point didn't matter nothing left we wanted!!
FP system is far better than before for us ol timers who refuse to get to parks at crack of dawn, but tweaking the system to handle the quirky things sure would make life easier

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter