VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

We will be on Caribbean Princess in January!!

Did you go to the Visitor Center in Panama? We were on Island Princess 2 years ago. The EBPC on DCLwas something we had to cancel due to my operation, so we booked Princess because I really wanted to see the new locks!

We didn't do an excursion in Panama as we wanted to do the new locks both ways. Next time we will add an excursion. And see more. The viewing area with visitor center can be seen from the locks and where we dropped anchor in Gatun Lake for those taking tours to tender off. We had an aft cabin and had a great view of both the old and new locks. We enjoyed watching a gigantic cargo ship going into the new locks. It was slow going as it barely fit. See you at the 12/6 meet up.

Can’t wait til next week! I am so stressed out!

@Corinne are you going to the MM event on 12/11? I wasn't sure if I was the only groupie to snag a ticket. Would love to finally meet you if you are going.

So question for any DLR experts. @KAT4DISNEY. Not sure who else is on that coast beside Kathy. I'll be arriving (I hope) around noon to DLR on 3/26. I haven't booked air yet, but he flight I want lands at 10:30. That gives me a good chunk of that day, a full day on the 27th, & then I need to leave by 4:30 on 3/28. With such limited time should I bother making any dining reservations? The 26th is my birthday & it's a "big" one so if I was going to reserve something it would probably be this night. Would Napa Rose or a WOC dining package be worth my time or should I just stick to the parks & quick service?

I snagged a ticket to the exclusive wine tasting & meet & greet with Kurt Russell on 12/10!!! Gah!!! So excited & not just for the wine! :rotfl: I've always been a big fan of Kurt Russell. Now what to for my photo op is the question. :scratchin :laughing:

Have a great weekend groupie friends!

Those driving know, I guess, that you don't go thru the MK toll plaza to get to the MK Resorts now. There is a turn off just before the toll plaza. It's a single lane and the cars line up to exit.

Those driving know, I guess, that you don't go thru the MK toll plaza to get to the MK Resorts now. There is a turn off just before the toll plaza. It's a single lane and the cars line up to exit.

Has this helped at all with the traffic back up at the toll plaza? I guess time will tell with the Christmas crowds soon to arrive.

So sorry I missed telling everyone Happy Thanksgiving. Between my little bit of work and spending time in the hospital with my son, I have not been on the computer much in the last couple of weeks. Tomorrow will be two months since he got sick and it has been a roller coaster ride. He finally got stable enough to go to a specialty hospital and was starting a little rehab when he took a turn for the worse and his doctor sent him to the Baylor hospital in Sunnyvale. They found big problems with his colon and he had surgery today and I found out that he has a congenital deformity of the bowel (probably born with that). Anyway they removed about 1/5 of his bowel and now we are hopefully on the road to recovery. His doctors said everything will be good and they will be working on his strength and then back to rehab. They have told me and Kati to go and get some rest and they will take good care of him.

There can be a definite wait to get thru the area if one is going to an MK Resort.[/QUOTE

So true, we are at BLT now and it is even delaying the buses. The exit is a single lane to the resorts is always backed up and it is like driving through stop and go traffic. You have a stop light at Vista Blvd where you turn left to get to World Drive. Surely a better route could have been set up.

Is this what they were working on last summer? We leave Thursday to drive to WDW - will get there Saturday. It will be interesting but kind of sad to not go under the MK arch

So sorry I missed telling everyone Happy Thanksgiving. Between my little bit of work and spending time in the hospital with my son, I have not been on the computer much in the last couple of weeks. Tomorrow will be two months since he got sick and it has been a roller coaster ride. He finally got stable enough to go to a specialty hospital and was starting a little rehab when he took a turn for the worse and his doctor sent him to the Baylor hospital in Sunnyvale. They found big problems with his colon and he had surgery today and I found out that he has a congenital deformity of the bowel (probably born with that). Anyway they removed about 1/5 of his bowel and now we are hopefully on the road to recovery. His doctors said everything will be good and they will be working on his strength and then back to rehab. They have told me and Kati to go and get some rest and they will take good care of him.
Keeping your son in my thoughts and prayers. Interesting that he has lived with a congenital defect that went unnoticed all this time until now. I was told something similar with my son's adrenal issue when he was 6 months old and had to come ->|this|<- close to dying for them to figure out it was something he was born with (that was usually caught right off the bat with most kids.) Glad to hear your son is in good hands. Happy you and Kati come have some fun! It's supposed to cool off over the next week, but all the better for walking.

Kathy
Prayers still going up for Clay. God will sustain you through it all. Continue leaning on Him

Our plan is to leave today around 4 PM after a Christmas family get together at our church
We will be staying at All-Star sports for one night then moving over to our beloved lodge
I have to say I am Uber excited as it’s been a long long time since our last stay there
Then I week from today will be moving back to the All-Star sports for three nights
Our our daughter son-in-law and grandson left yesterday early and will be staying at shades of green until next Sunday
Looking forward to seeing everyone at the two meets that are planned
Safe travels to everyone

I'm excited for everyone and to hear of your plans! Fun, food, friends, sun and the mouse - sounds like a pretty good time will be had by all.
Safe travels to all as you make your way south. I'll stalk the thread waiting to hear from you and see pictures.

After a whole lot of hullabaloo, Rich finally has a surgery date of Dec. 14. MRI showed a radial tear of his meniscus. So the surgeon is going to fix it and life will go on.

Nice work Julie on securing the club room and the wine tasting event - can't wait to see your pic! Always enjoyed your photo with the Cake Boss.

Corrine - had we been going, we also would have been to the Epcot event on the 11th. But alas, not this year. :sad1:

Di, you and Dad will be here in Spirit! We will make sure of it:grouphug:

We made record time for us, 9hrs 15 mins. 2 stops, one for gas and restroom, another for restroom, and never was more than 5 above the speed limit. I even braved I-4 the whole way!! What a mess, construction walls+lane changes+crazies at midnight with cars faster than the law should allow=a recipe for disaster:D
I made one move on 95 that would have made Nascar proud, as a driver who felt his phone was more important than his life decided to use his lane and mine!!o_O Once again, thank you Lord for Your mercy and thank goodness for the shoulder of the road

But we are here, and all is good:smickey:

And a little side note, we are getting ready to head home to our beloved Lodge. Its been way to long, since 2009 since our last stay there, and me personally, I can't wait to be there:-)

We made record time for us, 9hrs 15 mins. 2 stops, one for gas and restroom, another for restroom, and never was more than 5 above the speed limit. I even braved I-4 the whole way!! What a mess, construction walls+lane changes+crazies at midnight with cars faster than the law should allow=a recipe for disaster:D
I made one move on 95 that would have made Nascar proud, as a driver who felt his phone was more important than his life decided to use his lane and mine!!o_O Once again, thank you Lord for Your mercy and thank goodness for the shoulder of the road

And a little side note, we are getting ready to head home to our beloved Lodge. Its been way to long, since 2009 since our last stay there, and me personally, I can't wait to be there:-)

So glad you are safe.

The Lodge is beautiful!!

I'm excited for everyone and to hear of your plans! Fun, food, friends, sun and the mouse - sounds like a pretty good time will be had by all.
Safe travels to all as you make your way south. I'll stalk the thread waiting to hear from you and see pictures.

After a whole lot of hullabaloo, Rich finally has a surgery date of Dec. 14. MRI showed a radial tear of his meniscus. So the surgeon is going to fix it and life will go on.

Nice work Julie on securing the club room and the wine tasting event - can't wait to see your pic! Always enjoyed your photo with the Cake Boss.

Corrine - had we been going, we also would have been to the Epcot event on the 11th. But alas, not this year. :sad1:

I'm very sorry I won't be seeing you this trip, but happy to hear Rich's surgery has finally been scheduled. As sad as you are not to be coming being in good health is the most important thing. Hugs to you both. :hug: :hug:

I love that Cake Boss picture too. I was young & thin then! :laughing:

Hooray! Glad you made it safely. I hope we get a chance to see each other next week. No offense to you, Tammy, & Captain D, but I really want to see the baby! :laughing: :angel:

I feel the same way about the Lodge. I haven't stayed there in so long. Not quite as long as you (3 years for me), but I still miss it. Can't wait to for my stay in Feb.

Happy Monday groupie friends! :wave2:

Thanks Bobbi!
Julie hope we can see you too!

Had a chance meet in the lobby with twokats and princesskat
Great to see familiar faces!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter