• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

Sending good vibes for your husband DVCJen!! My father who is very nearsighted in one eye had the surgery last year and now he does not need glasses anymore.

Prayers to you Jen and Ian with a spray of Moose Dust for good measure:grouphug:

Corinne
Moose Dust and prayers to you as you venture out into the world for your new job:grouphug:

Jen...you and Ian are in our prayers. Best wishes to both of you during these challenging days.

Talking about revised decisions: it appears that AP is open until 12/12 now. At least it seems that one can get ADRs there. Not really a revision, only a delay. But it might let some Groupies have a last dinner there

Disclaimer: Non Disney related

Asking my fellow groupies for good thoughts, vibes, prayers, moose and pixie dust. My husband Ian has always suffered really poor vision. He was told as a child he would be blind by 18. Thank God that didn't happen. The past year and a half - two years his vision has been slowly getting worse. He was diagnosed with early cataracts about a year ago. On Thursday he was told they had gotten so bad his vision could not even be brought up to 20/60 with corrective lenses. So it is either have cataract surgery or lose his sight. That wouldn't be such a big deal.. people have cataract surgery every day. However, Ian is so severely nearsighted his is at a much higher risk of retinal detachment. There really isn't a choice. Without surgery he loses his sight. With surgery he could lose his sight, or it could go really well and he could be back to the place of being able to have is vision corrected enough to be able to drive, work and so on. Right now he can not drive at night. He goes in on Wednesday to have a consult and have 3-4 hours of intensive testing done on his eyes. He is understandably scared. I am too - but I am not letting him see that. (I cry when I am alone). I am doing everything in my power to stay upbeat. This could very well be the answer to our prayers. He could have surgery, get his cataracts removed, have lenses implanted that help with his nearsightedness and he could be better than before. Or it could be terribly bad. We are holding on tightly to it being really good.

Our oldest got a new car today. We went with her to co-sign so she could get a decent interest rate. She doesn't have much of a credit history. Anyway.. while we were there Ian found a car he fell in love with. So he traded in our Kia and got a Mazda 3. He said he is going to be positive and believe his is not going to lose his sight and he WILL be able to drive it until he no longer wants it. That is what we are holding on to. The other possibility - not something we even want to think about.

So I am asking all of you who feel comfortable to do so - please send those prayers, thoughts, vibes, energy, pixie and moose dust - we will take whatever you want to send.

Thanks.

Sending good thoughts and major moose dust your way Ian and Jen!

Thank you - everyone. We are really doing our very best to stay positive and only think about an AMAZING outcome. It's hard though - fear is an evil and strong thing. But God and love and goodness are stronger.

Wednesday is Ian's consult. Our youngest whom we have not seen since July will be home for the consult and our oldest daughters 30th birthday tomorrow. Good things - that is what we are focusing on. Good things.

fear is an evil and strong thing.

A good friend once told me: If you worry about the past, that's regret. If you worry about the future, that's anxiety. The only way to avoid them is to just focus on right now." I can tell you that it is much easier said than done, but to the extent I can do it, it is helping get me through a difficult time.

Disclaimer: Non Disney related

Asking my fellow groupies for good thoughts, vibes, prayers, moose and pixie dust. My husband Ian has always suffered really poor vision. He was told as a child he would be blind by 18. Thank God that didn't happen. The past year and a half - two years his vision has been slowly getting worse. He was diagnosed with early cataracts about a year ago. On Thursday he was told they had gotten so bad his vision could not even be brought up to 20/60 with corrective lenses. So it is either have cataract surgery or lose his sight. That wouldn't be such a big deal.. people have cataract surgery every day. However, Ian is so severely nearsighted his is at a much higher risk of retinal detachment. There really isn't a choice. Without surgery he loses his sight. With surgery he could lose his sight, or it could go really well and he could be back to the place of being able to have is vision corrected enough to be able to drive, work and so on. Right now he can not drive at night. He goes in on Wednesday to have a consult and have 3-4 hours of intensive testing done on his eyes. He is understandably scared. I am too - but I am not letting him see that. (I cry when I am alone). I am doing everything in my power to stay upbeat. This could very well be the answer to our prayers. He could have surgery, get his cataracts removed, have lenses implanted that help with his nearsightedness and he could be better than before. Or it could be terribly bad. We are holding on tightly to it being really good.

Our oldest got a new car today. We went with her to co-sign so she could get a decent interest rate. She doesn't have much of a credit history. Anyway.. while we were there Ian found a car he fell in love with. So he traded in our Kia and got a Mazda 3. He said he is going to be positive and believe his is not going to lose his sight and he WILL be able to drive it until he no longer wants it. That is what we are holding on to. The other possibility - not something we even want to think about.

So I am asking all of you who feel comfortable to do so - please send those prayers, thoughts, vibes, energy, pixie and moose dust - we will take whatever you want to send.

Thanks.

All forms of pixie dust & prayers going out in the hope of a positive outcome!

:cheer2::cheer2:10 more days for us! J&T - hope to see y’all there - maybe catch up at TOWL...
That sounds great! Do you folks have any planned nights there as of yet? If so, let us know and we can try to catch up!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter