VWL Groupies...yes, we love the Lodge, a lot!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another new fave GF Cafe Lobster Burger, crabcakes, seasonal salad and pork chop all very good, deserts looked very good but we were too fullOur friend Tearsa joined us at MKThe new food ct at Sports

Looks like you're having a great trip so far JT! I didn't realize how long you all were going to be there either! Awesome!!!!

Nothing much to report here. Counting down the days for our trip (47!) and trying to get through the winter.

I could use a little moose dust though. I started having some pretty bad shoulder pains over the past few weeks and went to the doctor today to get checked out. He said he thinks I have pretty severe tendinitis. He doesn't think there's a tear because I was able to resist him a little bit. He referred me to physical therapy, and I am going today at 4:45. Hopefully I only need a few sessions to learn the moves and I can do it on my own. If it doesn't start to feel better in a few weeks they want me to get an MRI :(

I just want to feel better before WDW and I hope it's nothing too serious.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Hey, Jimmy & Family;

Looks like you are having the kind of time DiznyDi would like to have - anytime at WDW!

Thanks for the pics and the smiles. We are all jealous.

One thing that jumped out in your pics - the GF Lobster Burger; I enjoy it every time we go, but I wish they would drop the goo on the bottom of the chip glass. I remove the glass from my plate once it arrives, and once removed, I feel like the goo left behind is going to ooze into my burger and lobster! :sad2: Just me . . sorry.

Eek -

A belated Happy Birthday Nicoal13!!!

Looks like lots of fun so far Jimmy! Keep enjoying!!!

Great pics JT! :thumbsup2 Enjoy the rest of your trip. We're just winding down from our 3rd snow storm in less then a week. :mad:

I could use a little moose dust though. I started having some pretty bad shoulder pains over the past few weeks and went to the doctor today to get checked out. He said he thinks I have pretty severe tendinitis. He doesn't think there's a tear because I was able to resist him a little bit. He referred me to physical therapy, and I am going today at 4:45. Hopefully I only need a few sessions to learn the moves and I can do it on my own. If it doesn't start to feel better in a few weeks they want me to get an MRI :(

Sending you tons of moose dust! pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: I understand exactly how painful that is. That's how my shoulder problem started. Dr. said tendinitis. Started out with PT. Didn't work. Moved on to cortisone shots. Worked for a couple months but then it was right back. By the time I got to my 3rd shot & 2nd round of PT I had had enough & went in for the rotator cuff surgery. I wouldn't wish that recovery on anyone. More moose dust for you the PT does the trick! pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust:

Jimmy, thanks for the pictures! Looks like you're enjoying pretty nice weather, too. As DDad said, one of our favorite meals there is the burger. They had previously added asparagus to it as well. I really liked the asparagus! DDad, not so much. We've not ventured over to Coronado Springs. I've read really good things about Maya Grill. Someday, I'd like to try it. Tell Tearsa we said hello! So nice she was able to join you.

rusafee, like Julie, 'been there, done that'. Fortunately PT and cortisone injections worked for me. I hope they're successful for you, too. Might be a good excuse for a massage while at WDW! ;)

Happy Birthday Nicoal13!

Great pics JT! :thumbsup2 Enjoy the rest of your trip. We're just winding down from our 3rd snow storm in less then a week. :mad:

Sending you tons of moose dust! pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: I understand exactly how painful that is. That's how my shoulder problem started. Dr. said tendinitis. Started out with PT. Didn't work. Moved on to cortisone shots. Worked for a couple months but then it was right back. By the time I got to my 3rd shot & 2nd round of PT I had had enough & went in for the rotator cuff surgery. I wouldn't wish that recovery on anyone. More moose dust for you the PT does the trick! pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust:

Thanks Julie. I had my first PT session tonight and it went well. She seems optimistic that it shouldn't take much. I really hope she's right. :) I think I am taking one more day off work to ice/rest it and try to get it back to a semi functional level.

Jimmy, thanks for the pictures! Looks like you're enjoying pretty nice weather, too. As DDad said, one of our favorite meals there is the burger. They had previously added asparagus to it as well. I really liked the asparagus! DDad, not so much. We've not ventured over to Coronado Springs. I've read really good things about Maya Grill. Someday, I'd like to try it. Tell Tearsa we said hello! So nice she was able to join you.

rusafee, like Julie, 'been there, done that'. Fortunately PT and cortisone injections worked for me. I hope they're successful for you, too. Might be a good excuse for a massage while at WDW! ;)

Happy Birthday Nicoal13!

Thanks Di! Glad to hear it worked well for you, it gives me some hope!

And I like where your head's at. ;) I think a massage sounds like it will do just the trick. And how can Bob argue with that? :)

Happy Birthday Nicoal13 AKA Nicole!!!!

I am sorry for being 2 days late:confused3

It does look like y'all are enjoying the trip. Keep having fun.

Also, Happy Birthday Nicole! I have been so busy with work, I am late also!

Looks like you're having a great trip so far JT! I didn't realize how long you all were going to be there either! Awesome!!!!

Nothing much to report here. Counting down the days for our trip (47!) and trying to get through the winter.

Moose dust, pixie dust and prayers coming your way. I hope it is nothing major.

Thanks Di! Glad to hear it worked well for you, it gives me some hope!

And I like where your head's at. ;) I think a massage sounds like it will do just the trick. And how can Bob argue with that? :)

Massages are always good in my book. I would love to find time for one. Have not had one since my broken leg last year.

I have got to be completely immersed in this whole WDW exp. All night last night I kept having Disney related dreams, one in particular that stands out is where Capt Hook is chasing me and Casey through the woods at our house:confused3

Yesterday, our friend Alan(AnnieTs DH for those who remember meeting them)came over from Cocoa and went with us to AK. We were able to link up FPs for him with our times. I am impressed by the new FP system personally. The kinks with other things related to Magic Band like pin #s not working, etc. are annoying but not vacation altering.

After eating at Flame Tree BBQ, we rode KS and the animals were out in full force! Three giraffes approached our vehicle very closely, the animals that look like texas steers held progress up by refusing to get out of the rd. and our driver was very humorous, at one point he was talking like he was an elephant saying look, its those strange humans, lets take a look, as if we were there for their viewing pleasure.

After KS we saw Flights of Wonder, always a fun show, then rode Exp. Everest. Alan heading back shortly after EE and we rode Dino and Primeval Whirl. Then we headed over to AKL and ate at Boma. Ashamed to say I went back for 2nds at the dessert area but I didnt get a full plate like I did the 1st round so thats worth something, isnt it:thumbsup2

In a bit, we will be packing up and moving to BLT to finish out our stay.

I have got to be completely immersed in this whole WDW exp.

Jimmy...gotta love your enthusiasm, even after all those trips to WDW. Great that your family can continue to completely enjoy yourselves and each other's company so thoroughly.

Have a great time at BLT...I know that you will! :)

Got to say, its fitting me more than I thought it would. Not crazy about the modern feel to it, but all the little extra amenities are nice, like the desk in bedroom with lots of outlets. Small but nice detail. We are sitting on the balcony drinking coffee right now!

We cant see WL and believe me I have craned my neck over the balcony to do so, I cant even see Discovery Island, but a nice view of pool and Bay Lake, boat horn sounds are nice(DDad, I think of you when I hear em). BTW Dad and Diane, saw Luc the waiter at TOTWL last night, he says tell you folks hello, he and his bro got inc. this week so he hopes for a spring 2015 opening.

We went to Rose and Crown for lunch yesterday, very good, came back to room being ready, got settled, then walked to MK, couple FPs on JC and WTP, then Wishes Dessert Party. That was a neat thing, desserts were good but not overwhelming. Crazy thing is, the simple cupcake for me was the best, with great views of Wishes.

Going to Daytona for qualifying races later today, after eating at Trails End for breakfast.

Thanks Jimmy for keeping us up on your happenings while in the World!

I was just thinking about Luc (TOWL waiter). Mom and I didn't see him when we were there. Good to hear things are moving forward with his brother. Maybe we'll have opportunity to see him in May.

The boat horns are indeed a try joy and pleasure to hear while on vacation! Nothing pleases me more than sitting on the balcony early morning with coffee in hand and listening to those horns. Our last 3 - maybe 4 trips to VWL, even though we've requested 'lake side' we've been assigned the opposite. :sad1: This is such a huge disappointment for both of us. I do quickly get over my disappointment. I think this trip I'll try 'odd numbered room' and see if we can do any better. Anybody else have any other suggestions?

Thanks for including the BLT photos. Your shower is nearly identical to the shower we had in our Aulani villa. Boy I loved that shower!

Enjoy your day today!

Hi there groupie friends! Long time no see. I've read back several pages but can't remember the last time I logged on so no way I'm going to be able to catch up completely. Hope everyone is doing well. I was expecting to see a new thread. I'm a little surprised the Mods haven't shut this one down for being too large.

Muushka - I'm very sorry for your loss. :hug:

DDad - thanks for the overview of DLP. Very interesting. Not sure when or if we'll ever make it over there but maybe some day.

DDi - I enjoyed seeing all your pictures on FB too.

JT - enjoy your trip!

Welcome to all the new groupies that have joined since last time I checked in! :welcome:

I don't hate it but I don't love it either. Bland is how I'd describe it. First they took away the themed dinnerware & replaced them with generic white & now they've made the rooms bland too. Sad.

Thanks Patrick. You summed up exactly what I've been thinking for some time now. I love Disney & I know they're a corporation in the business to make money but more & more I just see them chipping away at all those little details that made WDW so special. It just seems to be all about packing 'em in now & more geared to first time visitors that don't know what they're missing. Seems like every time I go they have removed something from a menu that made that restaurant unique. It's getting to the point where we have very few restaurants we even want to eat at anymore. The removal of Push just baffled me & made me so sad. I remember the first time my kids ran into Push. So special. We always loved seeing him. How much could that seriously have cost them? I just don't get why they removed it. I did read it had something to do with the license being up but I still just don't get it. :sad2:

Totally not Disney related but I'm just back from a group cruise with a big bunch of DVC members on the Celebrity Constellation. Oh what fun we had! DVC people are such nice & fun people. If you ever have the opportunity to travel with a group of DVC members do it! If you're a cruise lover & haven't tried Celebrity I'd recommend that too. A totally different experience then DCL but a really good one. A bunch of us then drove up to WDW from Ft. Lauderdale after the cruise. I was only there for one night & unfortunately it rained that day. One member of the group was staying in a 1 BR at VGF so she had us all over for a little cocktail & viewing party. All I can say is WOW! They are gorgeous. I wish they'd replace the horrible stoves in all DVC units with the nice flat top ones at VGF. I have yet to stay in any 1 BR that the burners on the stove actually lay flat. It makes it very difficult for cooking & we do eat in the room frequently. I really hope to get the chance to stay here some time in the future. It will have to be during a low season due to the point chart though.

Snow, snow & more snow here just like many of you. I'm so over winter. Counting down the days until my annual birthday/solo trip next month. It's going to be a very short one this time. Just Fri.-Sun. but still better then nothing.

I'll try to check in more frequently. Take care groupies! :wave2:

Oh yes, I remember that Hope was also on that cruise. I'm glad you enjoyed it. Can I assume you had the 123 go free beverage package? We had it on our last cruise. Very interesting.;). If you ever get the chance to cruise on a S class ship, well, one day try it. Awesome.:goodvibes

Based on Jimmy's FB page, I think it's safe to say that Jimmy, Tammy et al are having a wonderful time! :thumbsup2

I looked back at the first page and see that they are at WDW from February 15 through March 1. Wow, that's a great long trip! Glad to see you're taking some good relaxing time off, Jimmy!

DW & I decided that we needed to make slightly longer trips too so our next two trips will be 11 nights each instead of the 7 night trips we've been taking the last few years.

I hope everyone is digging out of the snow. Here in St. Louis it looks like the snow and ice are finally heading out as we have some 50 degree temps coming in this week. Yeah!! :banana:

Yay for longer vacation times Granny!! :yay:

Another new fave GF Cafe Lobster Burger, crabcakes, seasonal salad and pork chop all very good, deserts looked very good but we were too fullOur friend Tearsa joined us at MKThe new food ct at Sports

Jimmy, where is the picture of the bedroom, a very nice one, taken? It does not look familiar.
I'm glad you're having an awesome time.:goodvibes

I hope you feel better soon. I had mild tendonitis (elbow) once and it was awful.
Shoulder tendonitis must be really awful.:sad1:

Hey, Jimmy & Family;

Looks like you are having the kind of time DiznyDi would like to have - anytime at WDW!

Thanks for the pics and the smiles. We are all jealous.

One thing that jumped out in your pics - the GF Lobster Burger; I enjoy it every time we go, but I wish they would drop the goo on the bottom of the chip glass. I remove the glass from my plate once it arrives, and once removed, I feel like the goo left behind is going to ooze into my burger and lobster! :sad2: Just me . . sorry.

Tag fairy??? Where are you?????

I have got to be completely immersed in this whole WDW exp. All night last night I kept having Disney related dreams, one in particular that stands out is where Capt Hook is chasing me and Casey through the woods at our house:confused3

Yesterday, our friend Alan(AnnieTs DH for those who remember meeting them)came over from Cocoa and went with us to AK. We were able to link up FPs for him with our times. I am impressed by the new FP system personally. The kinks with other things related to Magic Band like pin #s not working, etc. are annoying but not vacation altering.

After eating at Flame Tree BBQ, we rode KS and the animals were out in full force! Three giraffes approached our vehicle very closely, the animals that look like texas steers held progress up by refusing to get out of the rd. and our driver was very humorous, at one point he was talking like he was an elephant saying look, its those strange humans, lets take a look, as if we were there for their viewing pleasure.

After KS we saw Flights of Wonder, always a fun show, then rode Exp. Everest. Alan heading back shortly after EE and we rode Dino and Primeval Whirl. Then we headed over to AKL and ate at Boma. Ashamed to say I went back for 2nds at the dessert area but I didnt get a full plate like I did the 1st round so thats worth something, isnt it:thumbsup2

In a bit, we will be packing up and moving to BLT to finish out our stay.

Love all the pictures! Enjoy BLT :thumbsup2

Happy Birthday Nicole!!!

Where is lunch today. The 'Fork'???:thumbsup2

Good thing I just checked your post, Jimmy. I read what you wrote, 'race'.
And I said to myself, self, WHAT RACE???

So I looked it up and sure enough, there is a race tonight!
So I called Mr. Muush and he thought it was today and he had missed it.
Bottom line, DVR set, happy Mr Muush. Happy Mr Muush, happy Muushka.

I would love to go to this race. Short and fun!

Thanks JT!

Muushka You are right, lots of fun!! I had been to Charlotte many times, thought that was fast, until I saw this. Good gracious, those drivers are crazy going those speeds:drive: We had great seats, actually top row just past exit off pit rd. Crazy thing was, these cars, you could hear all over the track until they came off turn 4, they went silent, until they hit the start/fin line then boom, the noise was back, that was baffling. We will indeed go back someday for this race, short and sweet but worth being there, and you know me, I dont watch racing anymore:confused3 Plus, we saw a rocket from Canaveral going up!!

As stated above, the race was awesome, last lap of last one, cars on fire one upside down, again, these folks are crazy, must be for the adrenaline rush or something:confused3

Our view, these shots were during practice, but shows a view of our seats.

Earlier we ate breakfast at Trails End.
Today, we are headed to MK with Alan and AnnieT, shhh, its Alans Bday, he doesnt know we are celebrating it in a big way. Eating at Tonys dinner then catch ELP and cap of the night with Wishes at TOTWL!! I fondly remember our visits to TOTWL with groupies, so you folks will be here in Spirit tonight:goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter