vwl or bcv?

njzieglers

<font color=green>I think Tarzan is the only thing
need help fast!! dw is booking five nites over next new year's week. which resort would you book and why? vwl is our home resort. thanks in advance.

try posting on the Vacation Club forum. You will get plenty of opinions.

I have stayed at VWL, BCV and BWV so far and have enjoyed all for different reasons. Personally, BCV is my favorite because of its location and the SAB pool. I also like the fact that it is smaller than BWV and has a more intimate feel. I loved VWL as well, however -- that is a very close runner up! The atmosphere is woodsy and beautiful -- and, now that I think of it, if I were going in the winter as you will be, I might choose that because it seems more appropriate for that time of year. When we went to BCV it was very hot and summery, so it was ideal. I guess it all depends on whether or not close proximity to Epcot and MGM matters to you. We loved having so much at our doorstep while staying at BCV, but as I say, the VWL can't be beat for coziness and a rustic, relaxed feel!

Good luck deciding,
Sarah

I've stayed at both VWL and BCV, and like BCV a thousand times better. There are several reasons, main ones being although I had a courtyard/woods view, not the much sought after Epcot view, I loved my view. Listening to the WS Epcot music while I sat on my balcony was great. The evening "bombing of Epcot" (I think it's called Illuminations for those who have a view of it) was such fun-at least I heard the music! Found BCV much quieter and CMs there much friendlier. Didn't feel quite so "exposed", a little more private on the balcony than VWL. Loved the convenience to International Gateway-the morning stroll through WS before it opened-I swear, next time I'm just going to grab my coffee and a book and sit on a bench in WS some morning. One of my favorite little hidden secrets. VWL is our home resort, and we just bought 100 points at BCV so we can reserve there. Convenience to B&C as a plus goes without saying-love those No Way, Jose's!

Are you going to be at the parks on NYE? If so, Epcot, MGM, or MK? I would think about which place would be easiest to get "home" to after the parks close. Keeping in mind that there are masses of humanity, all trying to get back to their rooms, being able to walk to the resort could be a big plus. We spent NYE 2001 at Epcot, it was nice. Walked back to our room at the Dolphin, the lines for the boats were looooong. Diana

The question is moot until the 7 month window. Since VWL is your home resort, that's all you can reserve for now. Do it immediately! When the 7 month window rolls around, you can try to switch reservations to BCV if that's what you want to do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter