VWL room suggestion??

pinoke

Mouseketeer
We are soon at the VWL for the first time, in a studio. Can someone advise us as to any room requests? ARe some better than others?
Thanks!

We are soon at the VWL for the first time, in a studio. Can someone advise us as to any room requests? ARe some better than others?
Thanks!

It's a really small resort, so you get a view of the woods, the woods or a peek of the lake through the woods. There is one studio without a balcony because it just wouldn't fit in that location and there is a studio near the dumpster that can be a bit noisy at times.

As Deb & Bill mentioned, most of the views are of woods, so there really isn’t a “must-have” view to request. However, the rooms at the very end of the resort corridor can potentially have a view of the trash/dumpster area. I have never stayed in these rooms, but have heard from others that the view really isn't "bad", but if I had a preference, I would rather not have a chance at looking at a dumpster pen. Plus, I would prefer not to have to walk the entire length of the resort to get to my room.

I think the best thing to do is to request a room close to the elevators. This will also get you a little closer to the resort entrance, bus stop, pools, and essentially everything else at WL, and will also eliminate the possibility of a "dumpster view" room.

Lastly, I also made a request to be on the "lake side" rather than the "bus/parking lot side". Even if you really don't have a view of Bay Lake, you will still be able to hear the boat horns. My preference again is to hear boat horns over buses, and also have the possibility of a sneak peak at Bay Lake.

So to summarize, IMHO, Closest to the Elevator, Lake Side is the best room request to make. I have attached a picture which shows you the options. Also, my last stay was in rooms 1535 and 1537 (studios), which were ground level. At first, I was a little disappointed, as you have no chance at seeing Bay Lake on the first floor. However, the convenience factor was really good, as we were only a few short steps from the rear entrance near the quiet pool. I would highly recommend these rooms for that reason.

Go to http://dvcnews.com pick Wilderness from resorts pull down tab then room finder and you can get a listing of all rooms some with comments about location

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter